Get Me Out of Here!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Get Me Out of Here!
At the risk of sounding like a scrooge... I hate the holidays. I get guilted into visiting my family with whom I have nothing in common except a last name. We don't share the same taste in movies, music, TV, hobbies, interests, sense of humor... nothing.

Is anyone in the St. Louis area willing to adopt me for the holidays?

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Science Believer's post
24-12-2012, 12:40 PM
RE: Get Me Out of Here!
Last night, I got to listen to them berate me for not having a career yet. I've been out of college for 18 months and haven't been able to find a job. They say it's because I don't pray for one.

Today, they've spent the last few hours watching the news. With every shooting of a minority, they've said something along the lines of "Serves them right." When the Sandy Hook shooting came up, they said we need more guns IN the schools.

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
24-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Oh man, you are one lucky person.

I'd adopt you but my situation isn't much better, and I don't want to buy you a present.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Consider this time spent as penance. You are working off some years in hell. Evil_monster

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
24-12-2012, 01:44 PM
I wish I knew how to create a link but look up Tim Minchin "White Wine in the Sun" on YouTube
24-12-2012, 02:13 PM
(24-12-2012 12:33 PM)Science Believer Wrote:  Is anyone in the St. Louis area willing to adopt me for the holidays?

Think LilithPride lives in St. Louis, not sure she's back from Canada yet but you could look her up.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
28-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Understand a fair amount of what you're going through, if not entirely. Geeks are few and far between in my bloodline, though thankfully most are only liberal believers. So we can at least pull together mocking the Phelps crew and the Jones imbecile.