Get Out of My Way...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2015, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2015 06:11 AM by DLJ.)
Get Out of My Way...
When I was much younger I was in a rock band.

We had been a garage band but were banished from the suburbs and had to find another place to practice. We found a space in a storage facility that rented out rooms that worked well... but we got placed next to a room where a punk band rehearsed.

All I remember from that punk band was one song, that went something like:
GET OUTTA MY WAY!!!! GET OUTTA MY WAY!! Over and over, at the top of their lungs, with great fervor.

Funny, but that is what I yell at my old god now, over and over, when those old and creepy thoughts enter my mind.

Get OUT OF MY WAY GOD (stupid thoughts of what I thought was god), and let me find my own path! I am so tired of always wondering what "his plan" was for me and never knowing. It invaded me, squashed me, and gave me no end of pain.

Getting that creepy deity out of my way has been the most cathartic and best thing I ever did for myself. For me, atheism is freedom. Theism is a huge road block.

My thought for the day...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like tln88's post
31-01-2015, 10:04 PM
RE: Get Out of My Way...
cool story bro, needs more dragon.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
31-01-2015, 10:08 PM
(31-01-2015 09:29 PM)tln88 Wrote:  When I was much younger I was in a rock band. We had been a garage band but were banished from the suburbs and had to find another place to practice. We found a space in a storage facility that rented out rooms that worked well... but we got placed next to a room where a punk band rehearsed. All I remember from that punk band was one song, that went something like
GET OUTTA MY WAY!!!! GET OUTTA MY WAY!! Over and over, at the top of their lungs, with great fervor. Funny, but that is what I yell at my old god now, over and over, when those old and creepy thoughts enter my mind.
Get OUT OF MY WAY GOD (stupid thoughts of what I thought was god), and let me find my own path! I am so tired of always wondering what "his plan" was for me and never knowing. It invaded me, squashed me, and gave me no end of pain.
Getting that creepy deity out of my way has been the most cathartic and best thing I ever did for myself. For me, atheism is freedom. Theism is a huge road block. My thought for the day...

What did one curd say to the other curd?
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
31-01-2015, 10:16 PM
Hello! Big Grin
31-01-2015, 10:17 PM
(31-01-2015 10:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  cool story bro, needs more dragon.

I was going to suggest more cowbell.
[+] 4 users Like BryanS's post
31-01-2015, 10:17 PM
Get out of my whey! Facepalm
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
31-01-2015, 11:32 PM
(31-01-2015 10:17 PM)pablo Wrote:  Get out of my whey! Facepalm

Lil Miss Muffit can stuff it! Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
01-02-2015, 12:40 AM
what kind of music did you play?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
01-02-2015, 07:13 PM
(01-02-2015 12:40 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  what kind of music did you play?
We did our best to play original music. My ex-husband and former band mate is actually quite an excellent pop singer-songwriter, although still languishing in the shadows.

We mostly played to 2 drunks at 2 a.m. in any dive that would have us. The joy of playing original music!
[+] 1 user Likes tln88's post
01-02-2015, 08:26 PM
(01-02-2015 07:13 PM)tln88 Wrote:  
(01-02-2015 12:40 AM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  what kind of music did you play?
We did our best to play original music. My ex-husband and former band mate is actually quite an excellent pop singer-songwriter, although still languishing in the shadows.

We mostly played to 2 drunks at 2 a.m. in any dive that would have us. The joy of playing original music!

The grind. I know it well, great memories.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco