"Get Over Christianity by Understanding It"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2015, 09:30 AM
RE: "Get Over Christianity by Understanding It"
(22-04-2015 09:03 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(21-04-2015 03:05 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Well folks, I’ve finally done it. After threatening to publish my book over the last few years it’s now out there. One month ago I launched it on Amazon.

Great, Mark! We could use another atheist propagandist affirming the ignorance of the confused masses for a prophet, er profit on a book selling tour. Very original.

[Image: 1cbb61efbc6e86b0c664691947d7e808d3e0d887...576546.jpg]

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Eva's post
22-04-2015, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2015 10:09 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(21-04-2015 03:05 AM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Well folks, I’ve finally done it. After threatening to publish my book over the last few years it’s now out there. One month ago I launched it on Amazon.

Great, Mark! We could use another atheist propagandist affirming the ignorance of the confused masses for a prophet, er profit on a book selling tour. Very original.

I'm requesting the "scriptural references" you speak of. Of course there are *no examples* of religionist apologists trying to sell books. Facepalm Of course you can rant about the fact of the book, yet not address even one instance of the facts IN the book. You're not patronizing ... no not at all : "affirming the ignorance of the confused masses". Really ? Who exactly are there "confused masses" about which you speak, troll ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
22-04-2015, 10:10 AM
(22-04-2015 09:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(22-04-2015 09:03 AM)The Theist Wrote:  Great, Mark! We could use another atheist propagandist affirming the ignorance of the confused masses for a prophet, er profit on a book selling tour. Very original.

Indeed.

What we really need is more self-aggrandized, condescending religious charlatans.
After all, the people are hardly going to bilk themselves, now are they? For God, of course.

Oh, and do keep up the good work; maybe some day you will reach kindergarten-level snark. You just have to keep on trying, just like that little engine; he could and so can you.

Well, on either side of the fence, as far as I'm concerned, if you have to pay for it then you get what you deserve.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2015, 10:12 AM
(22-04-2015 10:10 AM)The Theist Wrote:  
(22-04-2015 09:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Indeed.

What we really need is more self-aggrandized, condescending religious charlatans.
After all, the people are hardly going to bilk themselves, now are they? For God, of course.

Oh, and do keep up the good work; maybe some day you will reach kindergarten-level snark. You just have to keep on trying, just like that little engine; he could and so can you.

Well, on either side of the fence, as far as I'm concerned, if you have to pay for it then you get what you deserve.

Really ? Have you read it ? How exactly do you know what you're talking about, AND what background qualifies you to say anything about it ?
You know how much you have to PAY to get into a WLC "conference" ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-04-2015, 03:19 PM
(22-04-2015 03:10 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Mark, in my time here at TTA, I've come to regard you as something of an authority when it comes to biblical matters. I respect you a great deal.

I recently finished my first book and preparing to let friends read it for the first time. I can't imagine the pain staking hours you've put in over 8 years, when my book only took me 8 months. Of course, mine is fiction, so not a whole lot of fact checking involved.

I'm sure your book is wonderful and all that remains is a marketing campaign to get it out there in the public eye.

I wish you good luck from one author to another.

Thankyou R, it is obvious that you appreciate the work that goes into creating something that may be appealing to the public.

Thank you for your nice comments about me. It is nice to know that people appreciate my input here. When I look at my rep rating I blush. I always enjoy your comments too.

Good luck with your book. Please tell us what it is about.
22-04-2015, 03:57 PM

You clearly know nothing about my ideas. Visit my website at http://www.markfulton.org, read the posts, and come back after you know something.

"affirming the ignorance of the confused masses for a prophet, er profit"
I think you might be confusing me for your local preacher pushing Jesus.
22-04-2015, 04:01 PM
(22-04-2015 09:27 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  When non-historians, attempt to write a work on it, particularly one that attempts to derail the views of the establishment, these works tend to be about as good as a local creationist fare. Riddled with a serious of unsubstantiated conspiracy theories, and explanations woven whole cloth from nothing other than the author's imagination.

There's too much tripe written about Christian History, that would lead anyone skeptical in believing you have anything valid to say, let alone investing their hard earned money to actually reading it.

You clearly know nothing about my ideas. Visit my website at http://www.markfulton.org, read the posts, and come back after you know something.

Your comments say more about your own closed-mindedness and prejudices than they do about me.
22-04-2015, 06:23 PM
(22-04-2015 04:01 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(22-04-2015 09:27 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  When non-historians, attempt to write a work on it, particularly one that attempts to derail the views of the establishment, these works tend to be about as good as a local creationist fare. Riddled with a serious of unsubstantiated conspiracy theories, and explanations woven whole cloth from nothing other than the author's imagination.

There's too much tripe written about Christian History, that would lead anyone skeptical in believing you have anything valid to say, let alone investing their hard earned money to actually reading it.

Your comments say more about your own closed-mindedness and prejudices than they do about me.

I think you forgot our long debates on historicity here, so I already know exactly what to expect, a bunch of fabricated gibberish.
22-04-2015, 06:30 PM
(22-04-2015 06:23 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(22-04-2015 04:01 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  You clearly know nothing about my ideas. Visit my website at http://www.markfulton.org, read the posts, and come back after you know something.

I think you forgot our long debates on historicity here, so I already know exactly what to expect, a bunch of fabricated gibberish.

Come back when you got something to say junior.
22-04-2015, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2015 08:06 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-04-2015 06:23 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(22-04-2015 04:01 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  You clearly know nothing about my ideas. Visit my website at http://www.markfulton.org, read the posts, and come back after you know something.

As opposed to the gabricated fibberish we've come to expect from you.

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post