Get To Know a Forum Member - Featuring You

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
06-10-2015, 11:08 PM
RE: Get To Know a Forum Member - Featuring You
(06-10-2015 11:04 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 10:27 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I will take over this for the new-ish generation. Set up a time with me if you are interested in getting interviewed. I will try to get as many in as possible.

Well, if the pet (project)'s owner is okay with it...

Whenever is next most convenient to you should be fine for me.

^This is the exact response I don't want.

I literally have all the time in the world. However, it has to be reasonable for me in terms of school. This is why I want everyone to schedule what they think is reasonable so that we have a base we can work with. I'm not desperate to seek people for this. It's common courtesy to me (and to at least Dark Light who was having a similar problem) to apply and give us a base to build off of, not say you did and not come up with anything.

Give me a time and we can discuss. Also, PMing is your best bet to reach me for this, because I actively check my email for stuff like this. I would really just like this thread to be for comments/ possible questions.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2015, 11:12 PM
(06-10-2015 11:08 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 11:04 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Well, if the pet (project)'s owner is okay with it...

Whenever is next most convenient to you should be fine for me.

^This is the exact response I don't want.

I literally have all the time in the world. However, it has to be reasonable for me in terms of school. This is why I want everyone to schedule what they think is reasonable so that we have a base we can work with. I'm not desperate to seek people for this. It's common courtesy to me (and to at least Dark Light who was having a similar problem) to apply and give us a base to build off of, not say you did and not come up with anything.

Give me a time and we can discuss. Also, PMing is your best bet to reach me for this, because I actively check my email for stuff like this. I would really just like this thread to be for comments/ possible questions.

Actually, I'm ahead of you on this for once.

I revised the post and am already working on an acceptable PM.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
06-10-2015, 11:17 PM
(06-10-2015 11:12 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 11:08 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  ^This is the exact response I don't want.

Actually, I'm ahead of you on this for once.

I revised the post and am already working on an acceptable PM.

Brilliant. I'll do some research to where I can post these things (probably soundcloud) or if I can just get enough time to edit it and turn them into slideshow type videos so that the listeners might get greater context).

I'm not sure it'll be easy by myself, might have to make this a slow thing, but I am very committed to this project (just as I was when I told Dark Light that I would help out) seeing as I am back from an emotional vacation and into the wonderful life of getting to know you guys again.

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
06-10-2015, 11:22 PM
Also, I plan on extending this mission to not only longstanding members, but to those that genuinely want others to know about themselves might not be as famous as some others. Could be a great way to boost community feels here if we include that in the "mission statement" of this enterprise.

I am also open to suggestions of who I should interview as well. I am toying with the idea (because last weeks Skype Forum call was interesting enough to prompt this) of inviting members to discuss certain topics they know well about (I.e Stark about Cannibas:-) or Zeke about Evolution or anyone that feels that they can eloquently talk about a topic of interest) so that we as a community might learn something.

(The evolution question thread inspired this as well).

06-10-2015, 11:30 PM
If you want, write something up and I'll copy it and stick it in the forum announcement area.

It might be w good way to reach newer members.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-10-2015, 11:30 PM
Also, could this thing be stickied? Might be worth keeping this at the front page for all those knew members or frequent ones that take pleasure in this.

06-10-2015, 11:32 PM
(06-10-2015 11:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  If you want, write something up and I'll copy it and stick it in the forum announcement area.

It might be w good way to reach newer members.

I will do that. I might as well make it more official then the causality that most people had about this (part of the reason I think it died, lol). I might as well strive for more exposure.

06-10-2015, 11:35 PM
Shoot it to me in a pm.

You've got to get earmuffs to do this too. Big Grin

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-10-2015, 11:36 PM
(06-10-2015 11:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Shoot it to me in a pm.

He is one of my top most desired, but perhaps I'll have a few other people go first before I unleash one of the best and most anticipated ones. I'll message him and see what's up.

06-10-2015, 11:41 PM
(06-10-2015 11:36 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 11:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Shoot it to me in a pm.

He is one of my top most desired, but perhaps I'll have a few other people go first before I unleash one of the best and most anticipated ones. I'll message him and see what's up.

I'm going to be psychic for a second here....

"I don't have a mic."

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.