Get Windows 10 App

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2015, 05:02 PM
Get Windows 10 App
Anyone else tried using the Get Windows 10 App to reserve their free upgrade? Mine is just a blank window, can't do anything Undecided . Hope this isn't a prelude to how well Windows 10 will work.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2015, 05:06 PM
RE: Get Windows 10 App
(01-06-2015 05:02 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Anyone else tried using the Get Windows 10 App to reserve their free upgrade? Mine is just a blank window, can't do anything Undecided . Hope this isn't a prelude to how well Windows 10 will work.

I heard something about that on the radio today. The upgrade isn't ready yet but since you reserved it, it will download when it is available.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
01-06-2015, 05:12 PM
(01-06-2015 05:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 05:02 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Anyone else tried using the Get Windows 10 App to reserve their free upgrade? Mine is just a blank window, can't do anything Undecided . Hope this isn't a prelude to how well Windows 10 will work.

I heard something about that on the radio today. The upgrade isn't ready yet but since you reserved it, it will download when it is available.

Thats the problem, I cant reserve it Facepalm the app thats supposed to allow me to reserve it isnt working lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
01-06-2015, 05:21 PM
(01-06-2015 05:12 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 05:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I heard something about that on the radio today. The upgrade isn't ready yet but since you reserved it, it will download when it is available.

Thats the problem, I cant reserve it Facepalm the app thats supposed to allow me to reserve it isnt working lol

Typical software upgrade. Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

01-06-2015, 05:25 PM
(01-06-2015 05:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 05:12 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Thats the problem, I cant reserve it Facepalm the app thats supposed to allow me to reserve it isnt working lol

Typical software upgrade. Confused

Pretty much

01-06-2015, 05:27 PM
Well mine was flawless, did you have the latest upgrade of your current OS?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
01-06-2015, 05:33 PM

I didn't have a problem.

I'm going to try to get an extra hard drive or SSD or something to install it on...

It still looks like total shit.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
01-06-2015, 05:38 PM
(01-06-2015 05:27 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Well mine was flawless, did you have the latest upgrade of your current OS?

Yup, Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 all Updates Installed.

(01-06-2015 05:33 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

I didn't have a problem.

I'm going to try to get an extra hard drive or SSD or something to install it on...

It still looks like total shit.

Can't be worse than 8.

01-06-2015, 05:39 PM
I am still running Vista so I will have to see what you guys think. I need to start looking into a new laptop.

My son had Windows 7, upgraded to 8, nothing worked right any more so he went back to 7.

So far - about six years now - Vista has been running well for me.

01-06-2015, 05:41 PM
(01-06-2015 05:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am still running Vista so I will have to see what you guys think. I need to start looking into a new laptop.

My son had Windows 7, upgraded to 8, nothing worked right any more so he went back to 7.

So far - about six years now - Vista has been running well for me.

7 is amazingness, my mother runs 8 because it came with her computer. 8 is fine for touch screen devices but like older laptops and desktops it does not work well. If you want to upgrade go 7, you will not miss Vista.

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post