Get Windows 10 App

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2015, 06:29 PM
RE: Get Windows 10 App
Update: After 50 restarts and much frustration I just did the software version of unplugging it and plugging it back in (Uninstalling and reinstalling) and it worked. Kind of excited for Windows 10, can't wait to talk to Cortana.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2015, 07:20 PM
(01-06-2015 05:41 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 05:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am still running Vista so I will have to see what you guys think. I need to start looking into a new laptop.

My son had Windows 7, upgraded to 8, nothing worked right any more so he went back to 7.

So far - about six years now - Vista has been running well for me.

7 is amazingness, my mother runs 8 because it came with her computer. 8 is fine for touch screen devices but like older laptops and desktops it does not work well. If you want to upgrade go 7, you will not miss Vista.

You can fiddle around with 8 to make it feel like 7. That's what I did. I'll be ready for 10.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-06-2015, 07:27 PM
(01-06-2015 07:20 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 05:41 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  7 is amazingness, my mother runs 8 because it came with her computer. 8 is fine for touch screen devices but like older laptops and desktops it does not work well. If you want to upgrade go 7, you will not miss Vista.

You can fiddle around with 8 to make it feel like 7. That's what I did. I'll be ready for 10.

Yeah, you can make it feel like 7 but it will never be 7 lol. 10 is going to be decent imo and if it's free to upgrade then why not.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
02-06-2015, 12:53 PM
(01-06-2015 05:41 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 05:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am still running Vista so I will have to see what you guys think. I need to start looking into a new laptop.

My son had Windows 7, upgraded to 8, nothing worked right any more so he went back to 7.

So far - about six years now - Vista has been running well for me.

7 is amazingness, my mother runs 8 because it came with her computer. 8 is fine for touch screen devices but like older laptops and desktops it does not work well. If you want to upgrade go 7, you will not miss Vista.
Yeah, windows 8 was definitely suited for touchscreens. A mouse just can't do it justice, however once you learn the keyboard short cuts your golden. I only had minor issues with windows 8. Still excited for windows 10, cortona seems like an interesting feature but I do hope they finally improve voice recognition, just god awful the way it is now..if a bit hilarious.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
02-06-2015, 01:17 PM
(02-06-2015 12:53 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 05:41 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  7 is amazingness, my mother runs 8 because it came with her computer. 8 is fine for touch screen devices but like older laptops and desktops it does not work well. If you want to upgrade go 7, you will not miss Vista.
Yeah, windows 8 was definitely suited for touchscreens. A mouse just can't do it justice, however once you learn the keyboard short cuts your golden. I only had minor issues with windows 8. Still excited for windows 10, cortona seems like an interesting feature but I do hope they finally improve voice recognition, just god awful the way it is now..if a bit hilarious.

On 7 voice recognition isn't too bad, I programmed a kind of shortcut organizer where you can add shortcuts to any file and I utilized the speech recognition engine to learn the names of all the shortcuts so you can launch any of them just by saying the name and it works pretty well, even with some files having long or weird names.

02-06-2015, 05:59 PM
I'm actually using the windows 10 professional preview at the moment, its pretty similar to windows 7 in a way, the start menu actually exists it's a hybridation between windows 7 and 8.1 in a sense, you still have the tiles but they are much smaller and are just off to the side and then the traditional start menu to the left. Big Grin

Its for the most part stable, other than some driver wonkiness from beta drivers that run on windows 10.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
02-06-2015, 06:09 PM
(02-06-2015 05:59 PM)Worom Wrote:  I'm actually using the windows 10 professional preview at the moment, its pretty similar to windows 7 in a way, the start menu actually exists it's a hybridation between windows 7 and 8.1 in a sense, you still have the tiles but they are much smaller and are just off to the side and then the traditional start menu to the left. Big Grin

Its for the most part stable, other than some driver wonkiness from beta drivers that run on windows 10.

Yeah I've seen previews and it looks pretty good. Well it is a tech preview so bugs and what not are pretty much expected lol

03-06-2015, 04:54 AM
So I decided to install and Dual Boot the technical or insider preview of Windows 10 and all I got to say is omg. It is wonderful.

03-06-2015, 05:39 AM
(03-06-2015 04:54 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  So I decided to install and Dual Boot the technical or insider preview of Windows 10 and all I got to say is omg. It is wonderful.

But does it still look like total shit?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
03-06-2015, 11:28 AM
(03-06-2015 05:39 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 04:54 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  So I decided to install and Dual Boot the technical or insider preview of Windows 10 and all I got to say is omg. It is wonderful.

But does it still look like total shit?

Could use a bit more color but I like the look. Not big or clunky.