Get Windows 10 App

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2015, 05:41 PM
RE: Get Windows 10 App
(03-06-2015 11:28 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 05:39 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  But does it still look like total shit?

Could use a bit more color but I like the look. Not big or clunky.

Can I get a screen shot. I need to see for myself... Everything I've seen has made it look as fugly as 8 ever was.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2015, 07:25 PM
(03-06-2015 05:41 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 11:28 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Could use a bit more color but I like the look. Not big or clunky.

Can I get a screen shot. I need to see for myself... Everything I've seen has made it look as fugly as 8 ever was.

Here ya go.
[Image: Start%20Menu_zpsqq6kbasb.png]
[Image: Windows%20Explorer_zpsnuksgl7z.png]
[Image: Desktop_zpsujnyj38p.png]

Just to note you CAN remove all tiles and resize the start menu as shown below
[Image: Without%20Tiles_zpskzscpoah.png]

You can also change the color of the start menu and taskbar but as by default it chooses a color based on the background image. You can also have multiple desktops.

[Image: Desktops_zpsamafiqjl.png]

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
03-06-2015, 07:47 PM
(03-06-2015 07:25 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 05:41 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Can I get a screen shot. I need to see for myself... Everything I've seen has made it look as fugly as 8 ever was.

Here ya go.

You can also change the color of the start menu and taskbar but as by default it chooses a color based on the background image. You can also have multiple desktops.

*sigh* still as aesthetically unpleasing as ever, I see.

As an aside, why multiple desktops?
Who has need for more than one?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
03-06-2015, 08:02 PM
(03-06-2015 07:47 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 07:25 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Here ya go.

*sigh* still as aesthetically unpleasing as ever, I see.

What do you expect? The tiles to explode whenever you delete them? It looks great, you would rather have Windows XP Graphics? and why not? Some people do tend to have a lot of shortcuts and its great to organize them. Could have a desktop dedicated to games.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
03-06-2015, 08:17 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2015 08:22 PM by Free Thought.)
(03-06-2015 08:02 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 07:47 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  *sigh* still as aesthetically unpleasing as ever, I see.

What do you expect? The tiles to explode whenever you delete them? It looks great, you would rather have Windows XP Graphics? and why not? Some people do tend to have a lot of shortcuts and its great to organize them. Could have a desktop dedicated to games.

Actually, the tiles exploding upon deletion would be absolutely wonderful.

And no, it doesn't look great. The only thing I can think of which looks more blocky is Lego. Microsoft's new Megablocks Motif is simply not appealing to me and looks like a regression to ye olde times o' Win2000.

03-06-2015, 08:25 PM
7 was the best so far.
8 had a rough start.
8.1 is pretty good as far as I'm concerned.
10... Well, it's free. It's probably better than 8, and at least more current than 7...

Oh, and my 10 reserving went great. Easy peasy... Wish that notification would bugger off until release though.
03-06-2015, 08:28 PM
(03-06-2015 08:17 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 08:02 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  What do you expect? The tiles to explode whenever you delete them? It looks great, you would rather have Windows XP Graphics? and why not? Some people do tend to have a lot of shortcuts and its great to organize them. Could have a desktop dedicated to games.

Actually, the tiles exploding upon deletion would be absolutely wonderful.

And no, it doesn't look great. The only thing I can think of which looks more blocky is Lego. Microsoft's new Megablocks Motif is simply not appealing to me and looks like a regression to ye olde times o' Win2000.

That would be cool actually and ok so its not as round, its very easy, streamlined, i was able to pick it up and learn where everything was in seconds, its so easy to find everything. Its better than 8 at least, i hope we can agree on that lol

03-06-2015, 08:30 PM
(03-06-2015 08:28 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 08:17 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Actually, the tiles exploding upon deletion would be absolutely wonderful.

That would be cool actually and ok so its not as round, its very easy, streamlined, i was able to pick it up and learn where everything was in seconds, its so easy to find everything. Its better than 8 at least, i hope we can agree on that lol

And with everything being so angular and square... We don't need no stinkin AA.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
03-06-2015, 08:32 PM
(03-06-2015 08:28 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 08:17 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Actually, the tiles exploding upon deletion would be absolutely wonderful.

Yabut, saying it's better than 8 is a bit like saying something is better than bubonic plague. It's not a hard target.

03-06-2015, 08:36 PM
(03-06-2015 08:32 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 08:28 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  That would be cool actually and ok so its not as round, its very easy, streamlined, i was able to pick it up and learn where everything was in seconds, its so easy to find everything. Its better than 8 at least, i hope we can agree on that lol

Yabut, saying it's better than 8 is a bit like saying something is better than bubonic plague. It's not a hard target.

No but still

[Image: tumblr_lgedv2Vtt21qf4x93o1_40020110725-22047-38imqt.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post