Get Windows 10 App

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2015, 10:44 PM
RE: Get Windows 10 App
(03-06-2015 08:32 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 08:28 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  That would be cool actually and ok so its not as round, its very easy, streamlined, i was able to pick it up and learn where everything was in seconds, its so easy to find everything. Its better than 8 at least, i hope we can agree on that lol

Yabut, saying it's better than 8 is a bit like saying something is better than bubonic plague. It's not a hard target.

Wait, what's wrong with windows 8?

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2015, 03:24 PM
(03-06-2015 07:47 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  As an aside, why multiple desktops?
Who has need for more than one?

So I totally misunderstood the multi desktop thing, its kinda like having multiple monitors only you cant see them all at once but you can have different processes running on different desktops and you can switch between them, so like you can have a game running on one desktop and a browser open with a walkthrough of the game on another and you can switch between them without having to alt tab in and out.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
04-06-2015, 03:40 PM
(03-06-2015 10:44 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 08:32 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Yabut, saying it's better than 8 is a bit like saying something is better than bubonic plague. It's not a hard target.

It's Vista for a new generation, which was Windows Millenium for that generation. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
04-06-2015, 04:07 PM
(04-06-2015 03:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 10:44 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Wait, what's wrong with windows 8?

It's Vista for a new generation, which was Windows Millenium for that generation. Dodgy

Vista was slow and buggy, 8 doesn't seem to have such issues. I was really frustrated with my laptop when I had Vista. Once I got used to 8, I had no problem with it.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
04-06-2015, 05:14 PM
(04-06-2015 04:07 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(04-06-2015 03:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  It's Vista for a new generation, which was Windows Millenium for that generation. Dodgy

Vista was slow and buggy, 8 doesn't seem to have such issues. I was really frustrated with my laptop when I had Vista. Once I got used to 8, I had no problem with it.

8 seems OK as long as you get rid of those tiles.

I'm running 7 Pro on metal, Server 2k8 on metal, Server 2k8 in VM, Server 2k5 in VM, Win 7 in VM, Win 8 in VM. I may try out Win 10 in a VM or on another laptop.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2015, 05:30 PM
(01-06-2015 05:41 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 05:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am still running Vista so I will have to see what you guys think. I need to start looking into a new laptop.

My son had Windows 7, upgraded to 8, nothing worked right any more so he went back to 7.

So far - about six years now - Vista has been running well for me.

7 is amazingness, my mother runs 8 because it came with her computer. 8 is fine for touch screen devices but like older laptops and desktops it does not work well. If you want to upgrade go 7, you will not miss Vista.

I am one of those people who go with 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. Till my laptop just gives up altogether I will stick with what has worked for me so quite some time.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
04-06-2015, 05:30 PM
Get Windows 10 App
I'm trying out 10 in VM now. Not bad. I'd have to make sure my hardware works before I switch over.
04-06-2015, 05:45 PM
(03-06-2015 10:44 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 08:32 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Yabut, saying it's better than 8 is a bit like saying something is better than bubonic plague. It's not a hard target.

What isn't?

Reportedly, 8 (pre .1) had issues running for many and was terrible for things like games. Relative to 7, that is.
The design was horribly intrusive and awkward to handle without taking a while to get used to it, and even then I had issues finding things.

My biggest gripe, aside from it being the most clunky, unresponsive and awkward OS I've ever used (keep in mind that includes Win '95, 2000 and Vista), is that it looks like shit, not only through it's awkward intrusive design but it totally lacked any semblance of the aesthetic sleekness on 7.
When you're new OS looks like one you dropped over ten years ago, it's time to reconsider your design department.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
04-06-2015, 06:22 PM
(04-06-2015 05:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 05:41 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  7 is amazingness, my mother runs 8 because it came with her computer. 8 is fine for touch screen devices but like older laptops and desktops it does not work well. If you want to upgrade go 7, you will not miss Vista.

I am one of those people who go with 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. Till my laptop just gives up altogether I will stick with what has worked for me so quite some time.

Cant argue with that.

(04-06-2015 05:30 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I'm trying out 10 in VM now. Not bad. I'd have to make sure my hardware works before I switch over.

If your talking internal hardware like cpu, graphics card ect. I wouldn't worry too much, Windows 10 has very low specs. If you have the Get Windows App on your computer it can run a compatibility report.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
04-06-2015, 06:43 PM
(04-06-2015 06:22 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(04-06-2015 05:30 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I'm trying out 10 in VM now. Not bad. I'd have to make sure my hardware works before I switch over.

If your talking internal hardware like cpu, graphics card ect. I wouldn't worry too much, Windows 10 has very low specs. If you have the Get Windows App on your computer it can run a compatibility report.

Nah, not really. I'm more concerned Wacom drivers may not be up to par. My other tablet probably won't, but I need the Wacom drivers to work 100%.