Get a load of this crap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-11-2015, 12:14 AM
RE: Get a load of this crap
(05-11-2015 09:28 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  They are firing ~200 people, some from the rack checking department, not all the people from the fact checking department, it ain't the end of the world :eyeroll:

I just thought it was kinda funny that they explicitly mentioned the fact checking dept in the article. As in 'fuck facts, this is entertainment'. Which is... pretty much the way Discovery Channel, History Channel and pretty much every other science channel went in the end.

It's... popular science magazines in general have been in decline for ages already. I picked up a Scientific American from the 70s once. Holy shit. It had some long articles, technical, really hardcore stuff. No one puts that in a popular mag these days. It's just not profitable.

Since R Murdoch Esq. is all about profit I fully expect his shitty Midas touch to become evident in the quality of the magazine *and* the TV channel.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply