Get out of my country

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2015, 04:18 AM
RE: Get out of my country
(28-08-2015 04:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  COMMON SENSE: when you have 20 trillion dollars debt it is irresponsible and foolish to help others by borrowing more money.
We have to help ourselves first.
What do you have to say about it?

However someone decided to fix it, you most certainly wouldn't like the solution.

Possible solutions:
  • Debt jubilee - wipe out all debt and start again, most likely with a new currency
  • Let the currency fail and start with a new currency
  • For a more sustainable solution that won't result in the same thing happening again you would have to give up capitalism as we know it
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
29-08-2015, 04:22 AM
(29-08-2015 04:18 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 04:24 PM)Alla Wrote:  COMMON SENSE: when you have 20 trillion dollars debt it is irresponsible and foolish to help others by borrowing more money.
We have to help ourselves first.
What do you have to say about it?

However someone decided to fix it, you most certainly wouldn't like the solution.

Possible solutions:
  • Debt jubilee - wipe out all debt and start again, most likely with a new currency
  • Let the currency fail and start with a new currency
  • For a more sustainable solution that won't result in the same thing happening again you would have to give up capitalism as we know it

If the government simply held it spending flat for a few years the deficit would quickly become a surplus and then eventually the debt goes away.
29-08-2015, 04:28 AM
(29-08-2015 04:04 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(28-08-2015 07:34 AM)Aliza Wrote:  …. But on the flip side, Trump has a real problem with diplomacy. One of the key attributes that we’re looking for in a person to represent our entire country is diplomacy. Trump lacks the emotional capacity to exercise restraint when faced with anyone who disagrees with him. He’s been surrounded by “yes men” for his entire adult life, and we need a president who is receptive to different ideas and can recognize if someone has a better idea than he does.

IF Trump makes it into office, I’m concerned that his personality alone will further strain already tense relationships with certain foreign nations, and also the further complicate the discord in the American political system.

And also, do the Merkins really want another president who is the butt of all our jokes?

[Image: article-0-12C340AC000005DC-828_306x473.jpg]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...sters.html

I do have a friend at work who likes Trump above any other candidate and part of the case he made another co-worker was amused by was that, at least trump will be entertaining and not dull.

I think that's significantly a boost of where the Trump support comes from.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
29-08-2015, 04:34 AM
(29-08-2015 04:22 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If the government simply held it spending flat for a few years the deficit would quickly become a surplus and then eventually the debt goes away.

The economy would reduce in size, the amount of money collected from tax would decrease, the government would have to borrow more and debt would increase.

Many European countries have been experimenting with austerity economics recently and that is what has been happening as a result.
[+] 7 users Like Mathilda's post
29-08-2015, 09:35 AM
(27-08-2015 10:03 PM)Alla Wrote:  Oh, thanks for The Award Smile
I give to all of you one, too.

This country is in a huge debt. You don't give a fig about this.
You can not be in huge debt and continue to borrow more money to help all poor in the world.
It is irresponsible, it is foolish.
You are foolish, irresponsible people.
I give you "Foolish People Award"

I suggest you educate yourself about fiat currency.

Assuming, of course, that you're educable.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
29-08-2015, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2015 10:44 AM by GirlyMan.)
(29-08-2015 02:18 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  People can be happy with their Obamacare coverage too.....until they start to earn more money and climb the ladder.

Well I don't qualify for any subsidy, I didn't have to change my insurance, I didn't have to change any doctors, and my insurance went down by $10/month after ACA so I'm not sure what you mean.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
29-08-2015, 11:36 AM
Only Blowme would think making more money is a bad thing.

...unless it's based on earning yourself off the welfare you shouldn't really be getting in the first place.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
29-08-2015, 01:11 PM
(29-08-2015 11:36 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Only Blowme would think making more money is a bad thing.

...unless it's based on earning yourself off the welfare you shouldn't really be getting in the first place.

Anjele, you should learn about poverty traps. Obamacare is set up as poverty trap. You can see for yourself by simply playing around with healthcare exchanges. With Obamacare, the subsidy is gradually decreased and then abruptly stops. Kids grow up a little, mom decides to go get a part time job to help make ends meet, poof there goes the subsidy. Obamacare creates a perverse incentive for people not to work.

Anyways here is a two minute video on poverty traps

29-08-2015, 01:13 PM
duplicate post.....sorry
29-08-2015, 01:21 PM
I actually agree about the dangers of "poverty traps", but that's the result of lazy politicians who can't figure out how to slowly taper subsidy relief based on increasing income levels (via a "sliding scale X=Y equation, rather than setting up brackets).

'Cuz math is hard, yo.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson