Get out of my country

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2015, 01:44 PM
RE: Get out of my country
(29-08-2015 09:35 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(27-08-2015 10:03 PM)Alla Wrote:  Oh, thanks for The Award Smile
I give to all of you one, too.

This country is in a huge debt. You don't give a fig about this.
You can not be in huge debt and continue to borrow more money to help all poor in the world.
It is irresponsible, it is foolish.
You are foolish, irresponsible people.
I give you "Foolish People Award"

I suggest you educate yourself about fiat currency.

Assuming, of course, that you're educable.
of course, I am NOT educable. Thumbsup

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2015, 02:05 PM
(29-08-2015 01:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  of course, I am NOT educable. Thumbsup

We know.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 7 users Like Unbeliever's post
29-08-2015, 02:48 PM
(29-08-2015 01:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(29-08-2015 09:35 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I suggest you educate yourself about fiat currency.

I'll take your word for that.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
29-08-2015, 08:41 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2015 10:03 PM by smileXsmileXsmile.)
Get out of my country
(28-08-2015 03:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  you can't borrow more money to help others while you are in debt

As someone entering the finance industry and someone with a few business degrees, I can tell you this statement is just not true. "It can take money to make money." Debt is not necessarily a bad thing. It opens up opportunity; for example debt is a good idea for a start-up company that will have future success. If you don't have any debt, you're not leveraging any potential opportunity. Don't get me wrong though, we ARE in Mountains of debt. However, I'm just saying, don't be so quick to dismiss further borrowing. ****As long as that borrowed money is invested wisely, it could actually help the debt situation, economy, and poor people.****

Now I'll just boast some nerdy business theory lol. One way to evaluate debt is to calculate the "debt to assets" ratio. 0% or a low %, means you're missing out on potentially profitable opportunity by not using your debt. 25% debt to assets is a good benchmark, and >30% means you're in a risky amount of debt. Debt Ratio = Debt / Total Assets There's also the debt to equity ratio, the debt to capital ratio, and others, to gauge or setup any debt structure

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes smileXsmileXsmile's post
30-08-2015, 01:00 AM
(29-08-2015 04:34 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  The economy would reduce in size, the amount of money collected from tax would decrease, the government would have to borrow more and debt would increase.

Many European countries have been experimenting with austerity economics recently and that is what has been happening as a result.

There is no evidence to suggest that increases in government spending lead to increases in economic growth.

30-08-2015, 07:42 AM
(30-08-2015 01:00 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(29-08-2015 04:34 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  The economy would reduce in size, the amount of money collected from tax would decrease, the government would have to borrow more and debt would increase.

Many European countries have been experimenting with austerity economics recently and that is what has been happening as a result.

There is no evidence to suggest that increases in government spending lead to increases in economic growth.

Heywood - The video does not account (in its attempt to use the "correlation = causation" argument about stimulus spending vs. economic growth in a direct comparison graph) for lag between the input and the effect, nor does it account for the fact that stimulus spending is not only about "dumping" money onto the economy but is often about building/repairing infrastructure, investing in projects that don't show immediate gain, and/or shoring up economic damages that would have caused a downturn if not for the stimuli (such as the Bailouts to airlines in the 80s, or auto companies recently, for instance). What this guy's videos are very good at doing is taking something that is an almost-infinitely complex set of data from the actual function of global economics and trying to boil it down to "if you look at it this way, it fits conservative economic theories".

I fucking hate discussing the topic of economics, so I don't want to get into the glaring flaws I see in all those videos (in terms of what else he is not taking into account in his analyses), and will leave it to the econ people here if they feel like it... but the short version is that you can't boil down an economic system to three-minute talking points any more than you can boil down an ecological biome to a discussion of a few species.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
30-08-2015, 01:40 PM
(30-08-2015 07:42 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Heywood - The video does not account (in its attempt to use the "correlation = causation" argument about stimulus spending vs. economic growth in a direct comparison graph) for lag between the input and the effect, nor does it account for the fact that stimulus spending is not only about "dumping" money onto the economy but is often about building/repairing infrastructure, investing in projects that don't show immediate gain, and/or shoring up economic damages that would have caused a downturn if not for the stimuli (such as the Bailouts to airlines in the 80s, or auto companies recently, for instance). What this guy's videos are very good at doing is taking something that is an almost-infinitely complex set of data from the actual function of global economics and trying to boil it down to "if you look at it this way, it fits conservative economic theories".

I fucking hate discussing the topic of economics, so I don't want to get into the glaring flaws I see in all those videos (in terms of what else he is not taking into account in his analyses), and will leave it to the econ people here if they feel like it... but the short version is that you can't boil down an economic system to three-minute talking points any more than you can boil down an ecological biome to a discussion of a few species.

Another video by the same professor who addresses your concern about the lag.

Regarding your other glaring flaws. If you aren't going to say what those flaws are why should we believe that you actually see them?
30-08-2015, 03:02 PM
(28-08-2015 03:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  Poor, poor illegals and their children. And I really mean it. I am not being sarcastic.
But we have lots of poor, poor citizens and their children. When we learn how to help them(citizens) first, we are ready to help the rest of the world.
We talk about poor, poor illegals, we don't talk about poor, poor citizens. They are first in line.
Common sense - you can't borrow more money to help others while you are in debt

Facepalm
What are you talking about? There are entire charitable organizations that primarily focus on alleviating conditions for the poor, & homeless- regardless of their citizenship. Do they reach everyone? No, but name an organization that does.
Lastly: we can walk, & talk at the same time. Helping your nation's poor citizenry, poor illegals, & working on the national debt are not impossible, or improbable, things to do simultaneously with all of the people, & organizations, proactively engaging these issues.
30-08-2015, 03:05 PM
(29-08-2015 01:44 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(29-08-2015 09:35 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I suggest you educate yourself about fiat currency.

And you seem proud of that.

Bless your little pea-pickin' heart.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post