Get ready for the Jubilee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Get ready for the Jubilee
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13208327

There is also an Ode to the Jubilee from Reduced Shakespeare from today (BBC), .. if someone can find it, please to post

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
I'm an agnostic. We cannot know if there really is a teapot orbiting the sun.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2012, 04:06 AM
RE: Get ready for the Jubilee
WOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This shit is more exciting then Christmas. True story.

The Queen is where its at. That bitch rocks!

[Image: 220px-Elizabeth_II_greets_NASA_GSFC_empl...7_edit.jpg]

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
Yea! KC is a lying douche! he promised me choc-chip cookies and all I got was raisin.. RAISIN!!
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-06-2012, 04:51 AM

Ill celebrate her funeral but thats about it.

You have consciously forgotten you're breathing until you just read this. Why not take a few nice... slow.... and long deep breathes now you're aware.

Chill

Cool
[+] 5 users Like bemore's post
05-06-2012, 12:34 PM
There hasn't been any real news on tv for days now because of this jubilee shite.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
05-06-2012, 02:01 PM
(05-06-2012 04:51 AM)bemore Wrote:  

Ill celebrate her funeral but thats about it.
Love the song. It's been a while since I heard that.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson
05-06-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm sick of hearing about the old witch. Fuck the royals!. Worthless spongers!.
(05-06-2012 04:51 AM)bemore Wrote:  LYNCH THESE PEOPLE: Magoo... DeepThought... Filox...
Why do you want them lynched?
05-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Saw this on my newsfeed. It sums up the jubilee.

Quote:"Congratulations! to our glorious monarch, Queen Elizabeth the II on 60 years of being spewed out of another royal vagina into completely undemocratic and utterly undeserved privilege.
Congratulations! to the peasant royalist masses that celebrate this incestuous institution and remember the Royal family is better than you.

Yes, congratulations on supporting this total charade of propaganda, at an expense of millions of pounds not all of which has been published including paying for private security companies and policing.

Don’t for a minute feel guilty about that money not being used for things like health, and education. Remember and don’t support your public sector workers when they go on strike this week, you don’t want to give more money to them. No. Give it to our glorious queen after all she’s 80 and old and cute.

Congratulations! on not spending this money on our pensions. Well who needs a pension? Our Tory leaders don’t need one! They’ll just take your money now, and give it to their old uni mates who now run the banks because their banks are too big to fail and you are too small to matter!
Imagine only having one home in the south of France! For shame!

Congratulations on celebrating ingrained inequality and class segregation while the chosen elite fest on expensive dinners while you enjoy your marked down tea biscuits caked in celebratory union flag packaging.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE OURRR….

wait this one sounds a bit better to me.

REPEAT AFTER ME, FUCK QUEEN AND COUNTRY."
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
05-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Insn't the net income from tourism related to the monarchy/royal stuff a positive number ? Even if the higher end estimates of the costs are correct, the annual tourism inflow is more than double the net outflow. (That assumes, that tourism would stop if the monarchy ended. The result of that is unknown, and not really correct). I never think about the Queen. She's kinda dull. She's just a symbol of the Britsh State. Britain IS a democracy. All ya gotta do is vote 'er on out. Looks the a majority wants 'er in. ?? They wanted a party. Looked like a fun one.

05-06-2012, 05:56 PM
The idea that they bring in tourism is utter nonsense. They may own the castles etc that make some money but it's funded for by tax payers money. Things that would still be there even if the monarchy was removed. So really they do nothing for tourism. (this is one of the weaker arguments their supporters hit out with)

The uk is partially a democracy. But we have an unelected head of state that is born into the job.

The monarchy is essentially the remnants of a dictatorship which no longer has any power. And is kept around for no real reason. And as long as it remains the uk will never be a real democracy.
05-06-2012, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2012 08:16 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(05-06-2012 05:56 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  The idea that they bring in tourism is utter nonsense. They may own the castles etc that make some money but it's funded for by tax payers money. Things that would still be there even if the monarchy was removed. So really they do nothing for tourism. (this is one of the weaker arguments their supporters hit out with)

The uk is partially a democracy. But we have an unelected head of state that is born into the job.

The monarchy is essentially the remnants of a dictatorship which no longer has any power. And is kept around for no real reason. And as long as it remains the uk will never be a real democracy.

But the tourist income isn't "funded by the taxpayers". Seems like the Royals are a pretty good add agency. At least over here they are. Are there actual studies by economists which figure this stuff out ? The "unelected" head has no power, so what does it matter, if she's a figurehead. In general they DON'T "own the castles". They have a few. Which are the most popular ones ? How exactly do we know "they do nothing for tourism" ? Has advertising been proven to be ineffective ? Billions of people watched the last wedding. If the dictatorship has no power, who cares ? It's "kept around" because, as we all saw on tv this week, a hell of a lot of people want it kept around. If they don't want it, all they have to do is vote it out. So I would like to know what is the outlay, exactly, and what is the ROI. Then I want to know what a normal ROI from an average advertising dollar, (pound). After, I see that, maybe I can make a rational comparison.