Get the Cyanide Tablets.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2012, 09:02 PM
RE: Get the Cyanide Tablets.
Here's a place to start:
http://iccbdbsrv.iccb.org/salarysearch/home.cfm

Remeber that the salary is for 9 months, typically 5 classes x 2 semesters.
The typical professor works 4 days a week, if they set their schedule up right. It is about 30 hours a week for the vets.
Benefits are 100% paid healthcare and a great retirement package.
You have the option to work overflows and summers where you can add-on $15to $20K.
I'm not sure why you find this hard to believe?

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2012, 10:44 PM
(18-06-2012 09:02 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Here's a place to start:

The typical professor works 4 days a week, if they set their schedule up right. It is about 30 hours a week for the vets.
You have the option to work overflows and summers where you can add-on $15to $20K.
1. You live in the most liberal state in the US.
2. I think I speak for the others when I say we were under the impression that you were referencing K-12 public education. My mother has a Masters degree in education, has nearly 25 years of experience and makes ~$45k.

"A man who dares waste an hour of his life has not discovered the value of life." - Charles Darwin
[+] 1 user Likes HDT's post
19-06-2012, 10:00 PM
(18-06-2012 10:44 PM)HDT Wrote:  
(18-06-2012 09:02 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Here's a place to start:

1. You live in the most liberal state in the US.
2. I think I speak for the others when I say we were under the impression that you were referencing K-12 public education. My mother has a Masters degree in education, has nearly 25 years of experience and makes ~$45k.

$45K on a 9 month base is $60K for 12 months. She has 100% paid HC, into retirement and for life. She gets a retirement plan that will likely pay her 80% of her salary for life. Not bad if you live in a rural area.
Teachers will do the MEd because it's paid for and they get an auto increase in salary. Makes an MEd a dime a dozen. Many do it in "reading". Just get the box checked and get the increase.

K-12 educators do very well here in IL. Some HS football coaches make over $200K. A friend is an 8th grade Social Studies teacher with an MA in History. He makes $87K with 10 years in. The average Naperville, IL elementary teacher makes $93K. California and the NE are also places where pay is solid and benifits are good.

Don't forget some of the social perks we get. For example I show my ID and get money off any Theme Park, sometimes as much as 40%. Those little things add up over time. You may even get out of a speeding ticket or two...just saying.

If you're thinking of teaching do something in demand like Math. Stay away from the Philosophy type degrees. You'll be waiting the same table you did while in college.

All said, teaching is not profession for those looking for "big pay". It has it's rewards in the teaching of the next generations. But, the pay is enough to give you a life outside of teaching.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.