Get the fuck out cunt or I'll smash your face; One man's quest to save the children.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2016, 07:08 AM
Rainbow Get the fuck out cunt or I'll smash your face; One man's quest to save the children.
God bless the children, amirite?

So I was browsing the news, as I often do, the other day when I read about a gang leader in the small town of Ngaruawahia (pronounced nara-wha-he-ah, brown people speak for open food pits.). He marched into a town meeting and basically said "yo, all you P (meth) dealers and cooks gotta get the fuck out or I'll smash your face in with a sledgehammer. You have 24 hours.". Now, this caught my attention (and the attention of the whole country actually) because while I don't condone violence, I condone violence. Especially towards meth dealers.

This dude is the leader of a gang called the Tribal Huks. They formed in this small town in the 80's or some shit as a response by local men to form a gang and keep undesirables and other gangs out of their town. They all wear a patch like other gangs and stuff but their focus is on feeding the kids. They claim everything is for the kids. In fact, the reason for this sudden attitude towards P dealers is that the leader's daughter got offered P and he apparently wasn't too happy about that.

Anyway, so that threat was about a week or so ago. Now, he showed up at the news headquarters with an obviously well used sledgehammer and several built/shotgun shell holes in the side of his car, claiming that all 14 meth dealers in the town have now left the town. He obviously wont go into detail because you know.. illegal. But it wasn't like murder or anything.

Anyway, so it got me thinking and what I want your opinion on is do you think this is.. right. It's vigilante and obviously, you don't want a bunch of vigilantes running around beating people up. But I mean, if they're doing it to the likes of P dealers or keeping other much worst gangs out what's the harm? They're actually feeding the children and do community work and shit.

This town's not far from where I live now and it's not far from where I was born and raised. I was raised in a town very similar size as Ngaruawahia. While outsiders might look at this and see a bunch of rugged looking men with gang patches and shit I can't help but wonder if this is a result of the culture we have here.
If you were say a guys guy, worked in the freezer works, played rugby, drank at the pub etc.. it's not exactly a macho look to go around making sandwiches for children.
So I wonder if this gang is sorta like a way where these men can still be this "culturally appropriate" macho thing while still doing good for the community?
It's hard to explain.

I just think it's an interesting situation.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/85...-president

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-10-2016, 07:30 AM
RE: Get .....
(21-10-2016 07:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Anyway, so it got me thinking and what I want your opinion on is do you think this is.. right. It's vigilante and obviously, you don't want a bunch of vigilantes running around beating people up. But I mean, if they're doing it to the likes of P dealers or keeping other much worst gangs out what's the harm?

At first glance, vigilantism sounds nice, especially given all the stories of government injustice, plea deals, etc. But all those intricacies and complications in the justice system are there for a reason.

Who determines what constitutes "undesirables"?
What if HammerMan walked in and said that all white people had to leave?
Or all muslims/christians/jews/atheists/communists/whatever...

What happens when that meth-head they beat the shit out of turns out to be innocent?
What happens when an ass-beating turns into murder?

(21-10-2016 07:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  If you were say a guys guy, worked in the freezer works, played rugby, drank at the pub etc.. it's not exactly a macho look to go around making sandwiches for children.

Why not? If you're comfortable in your masculinity, it doesn't matter what you're doing.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
21-10-2016, 07:35 AM
RE: Get the fuck out cunt or I'll smash your face; One man's quest to save the children.
Damn.

I found having the PM supporting them interesting and weird. Where are the police in all of this?

Vigilantism is a double-edged sword, and while it appears these guys are on the “right” side, what’s to keep them and other groups from extremes?

"Pink is asking people not to blame police for the number of P dealers in New Zealand.

"Don't blame the cops. People have to get off the cops. I don't talk to the cops - they don't like me and I don't like them. But they've got a job to do and without them, we're pretty buggered.

"The whole country has lost the war on P. The whole bloody world has, so don't blame the cops. You want to blame someone, blame the bloody dealers.

"You have a world without cops, then you have people like me running around - you don't want that," he says with a laugh.

Earlier this week, John Key said he supported the Huk's anti-P stance.

Pink says he was humbled to have the Prime Minister's backing.

"It was really good. He's finally acknowledging some of my work. Little bit inspirational."

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
21-10-2016, 07:47 AM
RE: Get the fuck out cunt or I'll smash your face; One man's quest to save the children.
I like the motivation, but not the method. Because slippery slope. "Morally" I might even say it's "right" or at least ok, but practically I don't think it should be allowed.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
21-10-2016, 07:51 AM
One of the, very, few socially positive things the IRA did in N Ireland was to "persuade" many drug dealers to "leave town". With maximum prejudice if necessary.

Well, the Nationalist bits of towns any way.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
21-10-2016, 08:11 AM
Quote:Earlier this week, John Key said he supported the Huk's anti-P stance.

He didn't support Pink directly. John Key said he supported his message, that P dealers "have to go", Key didn't support the methods to execute that message though.
It comes at a good time for Key because he's just increased Police budget to combat meth by $15million.

The police are limited. A group like the Huks knows the people doing this, whereas the cops have limited information. Not to mention the police need warrants, proof etc..
And the Huks are still a gang, they're not gonna work with the police.

Quote:Why not? If you're comfortable in your masculinity, it doesn't matter what you're doing.

I agree. But try telling that to these kind of guys in these small towns.

[Image: oscar.png]
21-10-2016, 08:13 AM
Regardless of how we view vigilantes, if the government fails to adequately address a problem, the people will inevitably do it on their own. It's more about cause/effect than right/wrong.

This has also been an issue in parts of Mexico where the combination of brutal cartels and corrupt law enforcement has lead to the government's failure in dealing with the problem and people are taking matters into their own hands. Right or wrong, they really had no other option.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
21-10-2016, 08:51 AM
What's the reward for this vigilantism? Once the problem has been addressed, there is no motivation to slide down this "slippery slope". If legal methods have failed then it is as Yakherder states.
21-10-2016, 09:42 AM
What happens if the vigilantes decide that abortion is wrong and start busting up MDs? Or (insert religion here)?

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
21-10-2016, 09:50 AM
(21-10-2016 09:42 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  What happens if the vigilantes decide that abortion is wrong and start busting up MDs? Or (insert religion here)?

Then law enforcement had best enforce the law. If they are complacent, corrupt, in disagreement with the law themselves and unwilling to support it, or simply afraid, then the law, whether in regards to abortion or vigilantes, is just a suggestion and the rule of the mob reigns supreme.

'Murican Canadian