Get yer damn flu shot!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2013, 11:03 PM
RE: Get yer damn flu shot!
I got one. I started getting annoyed from listening to all of these many anti-vaccine rants from people that I'm glad I did just to spite them.

"There is a circle here that links us to one another: we each want to be happy; the social feeling of love is one of our greatest sources of happiness; and love entails that we be concerned for the happiness of others. We discover that we can be selfish together."
-Sam Harris
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2013, 01:01 AM
As I have explained elsewhere, the Gun-toting Commie-Nazi Liberal Reptiloid Fascist Scum Government means flu shots are free at point of service in Ontario.

I mean, I still haven't bothered to get one, 'cause the nearest clinic's way far away. And have you seen my posts in the rant thread? It's fucking -35C wind chill all up in this bitch this week. NOPE.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
14-12-2013, 01:06 AM
(14-12-2013 01:01 AM)cjlr Wrote:  As I have explained elsewhere, the Gun-toting Commie-Nazi Liberal Reptiloid Fascist Scum Government means flu shots are free at point of service in Ontario.

I mean, I still haven't bothered to get one, 'cause the nearest clinic's way far away. And have you seen my posts in the rant thread? It's fucking -35C wind chill all up in this bitch this week. NOPE.

Well if you are sufficiently quarantined anyhow, I bid you godspeed friend.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
14-12-2013, 01:14 AM
(14-12-2013 01:06 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(14-12-2013 01:01 AM)cjlr Wrote:  As I have explained elsewhere, the Gun-toting Commie-Nazi Liberal Reptiloid Fascist Scum Government means flu shots are free at point of service in Ontario.

Well if you are sufficiently quarantined anyhow, I bid you godspeed friend.

Eh; s'all good. There was an on-campus clinic, but I just couldn't be bothered. I'm'a rely on herd immunity. If it works to protect the anti-vaccination cunts, no?

S'not entirely my fault. The nearest 24-hour clinic went and flooded last round of rainstorms we had. It's not like I walk past the hospital every day. I mean, no, totally not convenient.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
14-12-2013, 02:54 AM
I got the flu shot like I do every year. This year the shot made me sick...the day I had my physical fitness test (Run 1.5 miles, set-ups, pushups)...

Then, about 10 days ago I got the flu anyway, but I'm over it now. Like you it had been over 10 years since I had had the flu. Anyhow, get to feeling better, bud!

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
14-12-2013, 12:13 PM
(14-12-2013 02:54 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I got the flu shot like I do every year. This year the shot made me sick...the day I had my physical fitness test (Run 1.5 miles, set-ups, pushups)...

Then, about 10 days ago I got the flu anyway, but I'm over it now. Like you it had been over 10 years since I had had the flu. Anyhow, get to feeling better, bud!

Uh...how do you know that the shot caused you to be sick? Correlation does not equal causation.

The flu shot is made of attenuated or nonvirulent influenza viruses/virus parts..it doesn't have the capability of giving you the flu.
[+] 1 user Likes jaguar3030's post
14-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Oh I hope you feel better. Being sick sucks.

I'm one of those weird people who doesn't go for flu shots because the flu shot ALWAYS gives me the damn flu. so...... I avoid the shots. Might be strange - but there it is. (yes I've tried it on and off for many years)

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
14-12-2013, 12:36 PM
I never take them. I barely ever take a pill, can't remember the last time I did, must be years.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
14-12-2013, 12:40 PM
(14-12-2013 12:21 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Oh I hope you feel better. Being sick sucks.

I'm one of those weird people who doesn't go for flu shots because the flu shot ALWAYS gives me the damn flu. so...... I avoid the shots. Might be strange - but there it is. (yes I've tried it on and off for many years)

Well, since the shots are all dead vaccine and not live vaccine, it's unlikely you get the flu from them. Maybe the doc's office or pharmacy, maybe other coincidences. Used to be years ago that they were live vaccine.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-12-2013, 12:45 PM
(14-12-2013 12:40 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-12-2013 12:21 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Oh I hope you feel better. Being sick sucks.

Well, since the shots are all dead vaccine and not live vaccine, it's unlikely you get the flu from them. Maybe the doc's office or pharmacy, maybe other coincidences. Used to be years ago that they were live vaccine.

Yeah, I was trying to remember the last time I tried it. I think 2004 (?) Guessing. But I've tried several times and I just get SICK as a dog immediately after getting the shot. ?? Hell, I could be catching it at fucking Walmart for all I know. LOL I still blame the shot...........grrrrrrAngry lol

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.