Get yer damn flu shot!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2013, 01:18 PM
RE: Get yer damn flu shot!
(14-12-2013 12:45 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(14-12-2013 12:40 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, since the shots are all dead vaccine and not live vaccine, it's unlikely you get the flu from them. Maybe the doc's office or pharmacy, maybe other coincidences. Used to be years ago that they were live vaccine.

Yeah, I was trying to remember the last time I tried it. I think 2004 (?) Guessing. But I've tried several times and I just get SICK as a dog immediately after getting the shot. ?? Hell, I could be catching it at fucking Walmart for all I know. LOL I still blame the shot...........grrrrrrAngry lol

The shot cannot cause the flu. It takes around 2 weeks after the shot for you to get the fullest immunity from it.

If you give me your symptoms, I can probably help you find some of the likely culprits.

We've gotta raise awareness against misconceptions like this. We can't keep going around spreading the myth. =(
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jaguar3030's post
14-12-2013, 01:38 PM
(14-12-2013 12:13 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  
(14-12-2013 02:54 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I got the flu shot like I do every year. This year the shot made me sick...the day I had my physical fitness test (Run 1.5 miles, set-ups, pushups)...

Then, about 10 days ago I got the flu anyway, but I'm over it now. Like you it had been over 10 years since I had had the flu. Anyhow, get to feeling better, bud!

Uh...how do you know that the shot caused you to be sick? Correlation does not equal causation.

The flu shot is made of attenuated or nonvirulent influenza viruses/virus parts..it doesn't have the capability of giving you the flu.

I actually had the flu mist this year. You are right though, I don't know beyond all doubt that it was the mist, however of the approximately 300 of us several dozen did become ill the day we received the mist, and unlike the shot, the flu mist does contain a live virus, though weakened.

14-12-2013, 01:57 PM
(14-12-2013 01:38 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(14-12-2013 12:13 PM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  Uh...how do you know that the shot caused you to be sick? Correlation does not equal causation.

The flu shot is made of attenuated or nonvirulent influenza viruses/virus parts..it doesn't have the capability of giving you the flu.

I actually had the flu mist this year. You are right though, I don't know beyond all doubt that it was the mist, however of the approximately 300 of us several dozen did become ill the day we received the mist, and unlike the shot, the flu mist does contain a live virus, though weakened.

What you probably suffered was your immune system kicking into gear. That's a good thing. Fever, runny nose, aches. Doesn't mean you got ill, just means your immune system was working. And it also could have been an allergic response.

Besides, the flu virus takes 1-4 days after infection for the symptoms to occur.
[+] 1 user Likes jaguar3030's post
14-12-2013, 02:23 PM
I'm going to say this as gently as possible.

If the flu shot is available to you and you don't get it, You Are Fucking Stupid.

This is influenza, folks. It kills people.

"Oh, I never get the flu." Bullshit. You just ain't gotten it yet.

Last year's flu didn't kill you? Great, this year's might. Last year's killed some people. So will this year's. And next year's.

No one knows the virulence of this year's strain. We could see 1918 all over again. Some day we will.

Don't want to get the flu shot for some dumb-fuck reason? Fine. Tell me where to send your Darwin Award. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
14-12-2013, 02:55 PM
Well I already knew I wasn't the brightest crayon in the box, Chas. I was just providing more evidence. Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
14-12-2013, 03:00 PM
Here you go EvenH...

[Image: darwin-award_zpsa94535dc.jpg]

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Lesson learned. I'm the type that always has to learn the hard way. I think it's the Irish in me.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
14-12-2013, 03:49 PM
THE GOVMINT IS JEST USING YOU AS A TESTING GROUND FOR BIOLOGIKAL WEAPONRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hobo

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
14-12-2013, 04:33 PM
(14-12-2013 03:49 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  THE GOVMINT IS JEST USING YOU AS A TESTING GROUND FOR BIOLOGIKAL WEAPONRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hobo

Yabut, it's for our own good. They know best. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-12-2013, 05:42 PM
(14-12-2013 02:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm going to say this as gently as possible.

If the flu shot is available to you and you don't get it, You Are Fucking Stupid.

This is influenza, folks. It kills people.

"Oh, I never get the flu." Bullshit. You just ain't gotten it yet.

Last year's flu didn't kill you? Great, this year's might. Last year's killed some people. So will this year's. And next year's.

No one knows the virulence of this year's strain. We could see 1918 all over again. Some day we will.

Don't want to get the flu shot for some dumb-fuck reason? Fine. Tell me where to send your Darwin Award. Drinking Beverage
I'm not denying being stupid but what kind of a flu you have there? In my 37 years I don't know anybody who died from a flue and 70% of people here don't take the shot.

I would love the reward Unsure , I never got a reward for anything Weeping

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's