Getting Godlike with science.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2012, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2012 10:23 AM by Phaedrus.)
RE: Getting Godlike with science.
(03-09-2012 12:33 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  
(03-09-2012 06:51 AM)Filox Wrote:  You clarified more than enough. Thank you dear sir, I knew I was right all along.

Thumbsup

He addressed your claim, your argument, not that life is not electrical, like a stupid computer.

He clarified nothing. He stated the facts that the magnetic FIELD affects the signal.

That was the argument. And where is the video with the magnet on YOUR CPU?

No... A moving magnetic field affects the voltage in a wire. Voltage can be used as a signal, but in a CPU the difference between logical 0 and logical 1 is usually on the order of 0.3 - 0.5 volts. This is a voltage difference between individual microscopic transistors, nanometers apart. To "affect the signal" the magnetic field would have to change the voltage between at least two transistors by at least 0.3V, which means a change of thousands of volts per mm, which means a hellishly intense magnetic field, the type they use in atom smashers, and I'm not sure even that is powerful enough.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2012, 10:42 AM
The breakdown voltage of some diodes is around 50v. So it wouldn't take much to destroy a cpu that way.

I was assuming Bullshidi was talking about electromagnets based on the field strengths he was talking about. But no one really knows what he's talking about. He changes details constantly because he just can't admit he made a mistake and doesn't understand some things.

I'm sure it all makes sense for him in his own head.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
03-09-2012, 10:49 AM
I'm sure. Maybe he should use his almighty knowledge of the secrets of the universe to build a flying car and get rich already and leave the rest of us alone.

Also the point I was making is that voltage is not an absolute value. A diode having a breakdown voltage of 50V means that it takes a voltage difference of +50V between the cathode and the anode before breakdown occurs. Even using a large leaded part like a 1N914 with a peak reverse voltage of 75V, it's still just a centimeter long, you need to induce a voltage of 75V in the space of just a centimeter. That takes a heluva magnetic field, moving very fast.

Now, if you have long wires that gives you more space to build up that voltage, and you can easily burn a device that way. But the wires in a CPU are micrometers long on average; the longest bus wires in a CPU are no more than a couple millimeters. It is, for all intents and purposes, impossible to affect a CPU with magnetism with anything short of an electric power plant or a physics lab.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
04-09-2012, 07:13 AM
(03-09-2012 10:16 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(03-09-2012 12:33 AM)Bishadi Wrote:  He addressed your claim, your argument, not that life is not electrical, like a stupid computer.

He clarified nothing. He stated the facts that the magnetic FIELD affects the signal.

That was the argument. And where is the video with the magnet on YOUR CPU?

No... A moving magnetic field affects the voltage in a wire. Voltage can be used as a signal, but in a CPU the difference between logical 0 and logical 1 is usually on the order of 0.3 - 0.5 volts. This is a voltage difference between individual microscopic transistors, nanometers apart
so YES, magnetic fields do alter the signal but you are claiming, it will not be enough to alter the chip itelf.

I never said a magnet would damage the chip.

Which punk put that idea in your head?

This thread is about neurons and nano tubes.

Did you know that?
04-09-2012, 09:10 AM
I'm saying it won't affect the digital signal either. For it to "affect the signal" in a meaningful way it would have to alter a 0 to a 1 or a 1 to a 0, or at least significantly increase the odds of that happening. Since that's almost impossible, your statement is wrong.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
04-09-2012, 09:51 AM
(04-09-2012 09:10 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  I'm saying it won't affect the digital signal either. For it to "affect the signal" in a meaningful way it would have to alter a 0 to a 1 or a 1 to a 0, or at least significantly increase the odds of that happening. Since that's almost impossible, your statement is wrong.

but your held tolerance is like using wood for an oral drill bit. You can represent the value that you require (gate tolerance) and know that the fields are affected.

It is why you are still digitial, (using gates) rather than on the light train.

To date, the most promising approach to building quantum computers has been to use ions trapped in electric fields. Using photons — particles of light — instead would have many advantages,

http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2011/quant...-0909.html

and that is old news....

but another is pubishing

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/09600779

or even from the scientists themselves

http://www.cse.salford.ac.uk/profiles/gs...litons.php
04-09-2012, 09:56 AM
I'm craving Key Lime Pie. [Image: IMG_6155.JPG]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
04-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:but your held tolerance is like using wood for an oral drill bit.

What?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
04-09-2012, 10:34 AM
(04-09-2012 10:05 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
Quote:but your held tolerance is like using wood for an oral drill bit.

What?

you're of the steam engine era, old timer.

Speed of light 'broken': life changing scientific discoveries

The science world has been left in shock after it was announced that CERN scientists had recorded subatomic particles travelling faster than the speed of light in a finding that could overturn fundamental law of physics

OMG/...................

Hobo
04-09-2012, 11:10 AM
What?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.