Getting Lectured by a Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2014, 04:38 PM
RE: Getting Lectured by a Christian
(18-04-2014 12:34 PM)Mat0816 Wrote:  Yep, I've had several christians tell me climate change isn't real because god won't let us mess up his creation. Which I think is insanely hilarious given what said god does to things he creates.

I had someone make that claim once. I asked her "what about nuclear weapons?" and she never answered me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2014, 11:11 PM
They're convinced it's all a liberal conspiracy intended to fund atheistic homosexual tree huggers that worship Mother Earth. Listening to Limbaugh, Beck, Levine and Hannity will do that to you.
19-04-2014, 01:30 AM
Many believe that there is nothing to fear of ultimately destroying the earth for the following:

1. Christ is coming before we destroy it
2. It's prophesied to get really super horrible anyway, and there's really not a whole lot we can do about it b/c prophesy and supernatural catastrophic judgement.
3. This is only the fallen creation. The perfect "New Earth" that will be established later will be the permanent one.

Basically, this is all temporary, and yes, it's going to get really really bad. Nevermind this "really superbadness" becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy, ohhh no. Never.
20-04-2014, 10:27 AM
(18-04-2014 11:53 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(18-04-2014 09:03 AM)Virgo Supercluster Wrote:  For my remark about vegetarians, I got an earful of biblical evidence (our favorite kind, right?) for the idea of mankind's dominion over animals. God, I was told, created animals for us to eat.

No, this guy needs to learn to Bible. God created all the animals in the Garden of Eden, and no one was eating anyone, animal and human alike. They all ate plants before the fall:

Damn it RobbyPants! You beat me to it. Smile

The funny thing is that vegan Christians will use verses like that to claim eating meat is a sin and the result of living in a fallen world.

I usually have fun with it and point out that God's original plan was for us to run around naked too - clothing was our idea. So if you want to be consistent... Smartass

There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else.
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
20-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Any chance you can invite yourself along with some vegan christians to that house again? Just drop the remark, sit back and be amused.
20-04-2014, 07:09 PM
(20-04-2014 05:32 PM)living thing Wrote:  Any chance you can invite yourself along with some vegan christians to that house again? Just drop the remark, sit back and be amused.

This was ages ago. Last I heard, my buddy's parents divorced and she hopped on her broomstick, flying off towards whence she came.

"The truth must dazzle gradually / or every man be blind." Emily Dickinson
21-04-2014, 05:21 AM
(20-04-2014 10:27 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(18-04-2014 11:53 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  No, this guy needs to learn to Bible. God created all the animals in the Garden of Eden, and no one was eating anyone, animal and human alike. They all ate plants before the fall:

Damn it RobbyPants! You beat me to it. Smile

The funny thing is that vegan Christians will use verses like that to claim eating meat is a sin and the result of living in a fallen world.

I usually have fun with it and point out that God's original plan was for us to run around naked too - clothing was our idea. So if you want to be consistent... Smartass

In floods this image into my mind of Adam holding a sleeping baby lamb. Gazing down lovingly at it, he lowers his head and bites it on the ass.

*giggle* I am easy to amuse

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
21-04-2014, 05:29 AM
Quote:It floods this image into my mind of Adam holding a sleeping baby lamb. Gazing down lovingly at it, he lowers his head and bites it on the ass.

*giggle* I am easy to amuse

No you are getting mixed up. He bit Eve's arse. Smile

Recently suffered loss of intelligence. Had little to begin with! I should not miss it.
21-04-2014, 06:09 AM
On a related note, when I was looking up the verse that mentioned everything eating plants, I stumbled across some truly stupid apologetics. People were asking why predators had sharp teeth if they ate plants. Some answers included:
  • Lions and tigers and bears used to eat coconuts, and needed sharp teeth to crack them. Oh my!
  • God planned on the fall the whole time, and preemptively gave predators sharp teeth. Apparently, this woman does not believe in free will or is incapable of following her own apologetics to their logical conclusion.
  • I think some guy even insinuated that sharp teeth evolved after the flood or fall. Wow! A YEC-evolutionist! How bout a nice big bowl of cognitive dissonance?
Damn. Sometimes Yahoo Answers can be a very illustrating window into the minds of some very weird people.
21-04-2014, 09:42 AM
(21-04-2014 06:09 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  On a related note, when I was looking up the verse that mentioned everything eating plants, I stumbled across some truly stupid apologetics. People were asking why predators had sharp teeth if they ate plants. Some answers included:
  • Lions and tigers and bears used to eat coconuts, and needed sharp teeth to crack them. Oh my!
  • God planned on the fall the whole time, and preemptively gave predators sharp teeth. Apparently, this woman does not believe in free will or is incapable of following her own apologetics to their logical conclusion.
  • I think some guy even insinuated that sharp teeth evolved after the flood or fall. Wow! A YEC-evolutionist! How bout a nice big bowl of cognitive dissonance?
Damn. Sometimes Yahoo Answers can be a very illustrating window into the minds of some very weird people.

I think Ken Ham is a YEC evolutionist...sort of. He claims Noah only needed one of each "kind" of animal on the ark and they evolved into the variety of species we see today but always after their own "kind." No dogs giving birth to cats like YEC apologists like to claim evolution predicts.

I've also heard arguments that Noah had one white son, one black son and one Asian son which is why we have these different ethnicities today. Oh yeah, they were giants too, so a cubit to them would have been a lot bigger than a cubit to us normal sized people, so the ark would have been big enough to fit more animals than we might expect. Facepalm

There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else.