Getting all pensive

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2012, 08:42 PM
RE: Getting all pensive
(02-03-2012 08:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Unless you guys can drink a litre of 80 proof by yourself in a single sitting, you should just shut the fuck up.

I've drunk 80% proof alcohol before (it was home brewed stuff). I don't believe anyone can take a litre of that in one sitting, partly because it would probably dissolve your insides by the time you were half way through, and partly because that would be enough alcohol to poison a horse.

I'll believe someone can do it when I see it Big Grin.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2012, 08:53 PM
(02-03-2012 08:42 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(02-03-2012 08:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Unless you guys can drink a litre of 80 proof by yourself in a single sitting, you should just shut the fuck up.

I've drunk 80% proof alcohol before (it was home brewed stuff).

80 proof is 40% alcohol by volume, the standard ABV for most liquor.

(02-03-2012 08:42 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I'll believe someone can do it when I see it Big Grin.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-03-2012, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2012 09:02 PM by Erxomai.)
(02-03-2012 04:16 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(02-03-2012 12:05 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Which translates to 'I'm not even close to 6"2 Sad'

Big Grin
Im 5'10" so im above average.

But i suppose if you are 6'2", then even if i were to drink you under the table, most of you would still be above it Tongue

(02-03-2012 12:05 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I'll believe you can drink me under the table when I see it.
Hmm, Cheshire vs Scotland. I think you've picked a losing battle there mate. Hell vs Scotland would be a close match up so Cheshire vs Scotland's a walk over.
Should it not be Cheshire vs Glasgow instead of vs an entire country.

If you are ever in my neck of the woods then we need to go for drinks to settle this.

National pride is at stake! Big Grin

I insist to attend as referee, and to make sure the alcohol is strong enough to do the trick!

(02-03-2012 04:30 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(02-03-2012 09:25 AM)xLegendofLink096x Wrote:  I've gotten drunk once, under-aged naughty naughty yeah yeah whatever, but it didn't end very well.
I told everyone things about me that I wasn't even aware of.
Woke up in the morning, in my friend's front yard, covered in rain water.
FML.
Never again.
Drink responsibly, hun.

I got drunk my first time at 16. Vodka shots and beer from beer pong. And since I had lied to my dad so I could spend the night "at a friends house", which was obviously a party, I felt so guilty... which was magnified by the alcohol. I had a good friend there who took care of me, but wow... that was horrid.

I said never again then also. Undecided

Only been that drunk twice in the 15 years since... holy crap, I just realized it's been 15 years since then. Confused

I need a drink.

No time like the present!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
02-03-2012, 09:03 PM
(02-03-2012 08:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  80 proof is 40% alcohol by volume, the standard ABV for most liquor.

My misunderstanding. I thought you meant a litre of 80% ABV.

I've drunk not far of a litre of 40% in about an hour and a half when I was 14 but that ended up with me in hospital. It was the first time I ever got drunk, did it in style Big Grin.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
02-03-2012, 10:53 PM
(02-03-2012 09:03 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(02-03-2012 08:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  80 proof is 40% alcohol by volume, the standard ABV for most liquor.

My misunderstanding. I thought you meant a litre of 80% ABV. I've drunk not far of a litre of 40% in about an hour and a half when I was 14 but that ended up with me in hospital. It was the first time I ever got drunk, did it in style Big Grin.

Yeah, I wouldn't even take you on. I'd be guilty of reckless endangerment.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-03-2012, 01:18 AM
(02-03-2012 05:13 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(02-03-2012 04:16 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  Should it not be Cheshire vs Glasgow instead of vs an entire country.

OK then if you insist. Just re-read my last post and substitute 'Scotland' for 'Glasgow'.

Big Grin

FSM_scot Wrote:If you are ever in my neck of the woods then we need to go for drinks to settle this.

National pride is at stake! Big Grin

Will do. And if you ever find yourself round here then let me know. The battle would be EPIC!

I DEFINITELY want to be there for that! Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post