Getting help; an FT rambling.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2016, 03:11 PM
RE: Getting help; an FT rambling.
Ok, so we know that your mind knows better but your body reruns the same tune over and over. You know you have a chemical imbalance.

Of course, the appropriate drug therapy aims to correct that. But, that is not a quick process, it's not a "one size fits all" kind of a thing. So you need to keep the wolves at bay enough to continue to try the medical route. Your chemical balance is out there, it's just hard to muster the dogged determination to stick to trying to find it.

It helps to be aware all the time that that depressed person is indeed NOT you, it is an artificial construct caused by chemicals. YOU are the one who wants to fix it.

Get back to your doc asap and have the meds adjusted. This is the hard part. But you can't let that crap steal your life. You, the rational you, have to take charge. Yes, it's a set back, but it's not that bad a set back. You just need the meds adjusted properly. Pick up the phone, take charge. You can outsmart your body. Look at it for what it is - a motor that isn't tuned right and misfires. It's not you. You are perfectly fine, and you are stronger than a bunch of chemicals. Call now, don't wait until another wave of chemicals washes your rational thoughts out. The time is now, because if it wasn't, you wouldn't be here reading this. Go!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
06-12-2016, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2016 03:42 PM by Free Thought.)
I can't decide if I want to call or go into the clinic to speak to reception facetoface. Anxiety sucks. At least if I go there I'll be out of my room...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
06-12-2016, 03:36 PM
(06-12-2016 03:26 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I can't decide if I want to call or go into the clinic to speak to reception facetoface. Anxiety sucks. At least if I go there I'll be put of my room...

Maybe go in if you can? That way they may be able to take you for an appointment right away.

*hugs*
06-12-2016, 03:51 PM
(06-12-2016 03:36 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 03:26 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I can't decide if I want to call or go into the clinic to speak to reception facetoface. Anxiety sucks. At least if I go there I'll be put of my room...

Maybe go in if you can? That way they may be able to take you for an appointment right away.

*hugs*

Hopefully my doc will be in today , pretty sure she normally is

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
06-12-2016, 04:16 PM
Cool, I hope you're out the door....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
06-12-2016, 04:20 PM
I'm on the bus to uni now. Trying to talk myself up about this.
I'm not comfortable with anything that will be bound to happen in the next hour or so...

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
06-12-2016, 04:21 PM
This doesn't sound like a wait and see kind of thing. Your doc should see you if you explain the thoughts you are having.

Many here are either on meds for depression or have been on them. We all respond differently to different ones. I know there is someone here who is on one that simply didn't work for me at all. I am on a super low dose of one that does wonders for my mental health but it was trial and error to find the right one and that's not unusual.

Get thee to the clinic and explain what you have been feeling since upping your dosage...it's really important.

Hugs to you...lots and lots of hugs.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
06-12-2016, 04:35 PM
I'm about 15 minutes off now... this is going to be fun if nothing else...

[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
06-12-2016, 04:38 PM
Keep us posted.

I worry about you and want you to feel better. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
06-12-2016, 04:51 PM
(06-12-2016 04:35 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'm about 15 minutes off now... this is going to be fun if nothing else...

Good for you, FT. So proud of you for doing this!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post