Getting help; an FT rambling.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2016, 12:48 AM
RE: Getting help; an FT rambling.
(08-12-2016 12:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  FT have you actually been diagnosed with schizophrenia? I ask 'cos I don't think you mentioned that before.

That means that even more so than when we were talking to you about depression only, doctors are important, and also holy fuck man, you can't ever blame yourself for this.

Fortunately, I don't have it that bad... that is to say no, I do not have schizophrenia.
It's just that during evaluations they always ask variants of 'do you hear voices in your head that aren't your own? Do you see things nobody else can? Do you feel like people are watching you or running your life?" looking for signs of paranoid or hallucinatory conditions, one such being schizophrenia.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2016, 01:00 AM
(08-12-2016 12:48 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(08-12-2016 12:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  FT have you actually been diagnosed with schizophrenia? I ask 'cos I don't think you mentioned that before.

That means that even more so than when we were talking to you about depression only, doctors are important, and also holy fuck man, you can't ever blame yourself for this.

Fortunately, I don't have it that bad... that is to say no, I do not have schizophrenia.
It's just that during evaluations they always ask variants of 'do you hear voices in your head that aren't your own? Do you see things nobody else can? Do you feel like people are watching you or running your life?" looking for signs of paranoid or hallucinatory conditions, one such being schizophrenia.

It's probably worthwhile for them to do that. IIRC schizophrenia is something that frequently pops up in your mid 20s if you're a male of the species.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-12-2016, 06:12 AM
(08-12-2016 12:48 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  do you hear voices in your head that aren't your own?

No. All 8 of them are mine.

(08-12-2016 12:48 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Do you see things nobody else can?

Yes, but I did a lot of acid and PCP back in the day so they can't be blamed for not being able to see Harvey.

(08-12-2016 12:48 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Do you feel like people are watching you or running your life?"

Yes, but I told them they could.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
13-12-2016, 03:00 PM
Got the call for the mental health service the hospital psych promised. Tomorrow I'll be heading to their clinic to be interviewed by the emergency staff, then they said I'll be referred on to the youth staff once they have an idea of what I need from them.
Feeling nervous about it.

As for home since the incident, nothing much has changed. Defacto didn't lecture me, if anything he was put off from trying to talk to me for a few days. Mum didn't go into increased vigilance or anything that I noticed either. My brother was concerned but I got that smoothed out. My father was told, but I smoothed that out too. Nobody seems to know the extent of the thoughts, only mum knows I had them, but not how far they went. The thoughts are still there; I haven't had an incident like that last time, but they are still intrusive and 'real' as thoughts go.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
13-12-2016, 03:04 PM
(13-12-2016 03:00 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Got the call for the mental health service the hospital psych promised. Tomorrow I'll be heading to their clinic to be interviewed by the emergency staff, then they said I'll be referred on to the youth staff once they have an idea of what I need from them.

As for home since the incident, nothing much has changed. Defacto didn't lecture me, if anything he was put off from trying to talk to me for a few days. Mum didn't go into increased vigilance or anything that I noticed either. My brother was concerned but I got that smoothed out. My father was told, but I smoothed that out too. Nobody seems to know the extent of the thoughts, only mum knows I had them, but not how far they went. The thoughts are still there; I haven't had an incident like that last time, but they are still intrusive and 'real' as thoughts go.

Of course you are nervous about it. Pretty much everyone is in situations like that.

I'm so glad you finally get the opportunity for some real care. Thumbsup

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-12-2016, 03:26 PM
(13-12-2016 03:00 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Got the call for the mental health service the hospital psych promised. Tomorrow I'll be heading to their clinic to be interviewed by the emergency staff, then they said I'll be referred on to the youth staff once they have an idea of what I need from them.

I am happy to hear that help is being arranged. Please be sure to be honest and don't try to 'smooth' things with the medical staff. They can only help you if you are completely honest about your thoughts, the severity of them, the frequency of them, and the effect (affect - damnit that word trips me up but you know what I mean) they have on you.

Tell them everything including your need to smooth things with, particularly, the adults in your life.

Hugs and love.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
14-12-2016, 12:05 AM
Keep it steady amigo. You're doin' good. Um. Not to pester you but I think I suggested getting an activity going - even if it's just reading or something introverted Wink I really do think it's a good idea to not let yourself dwell on ye olde negative thoughts, and historically my primary way of doing that has been to distract myself. I can recommend you a couple of books if you fancy?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
14-12-2016, 01:06 AM
(14-12-2016 12:05 AM)morondog Wrote:  Keep it steady amigo. You're doin' good. Um. Not to pester you but I think I suggested getting an activity going - even if it's just reading or something introverted Wink I really do think it's a good idea to not let yourself dwell on ye olde negative thoughts, and historically my primary way of doing that has been to distract myself. I can recommend you a couple of books if you fancy?

I tend to keep myself distracted with games most of the time, success varies though.
I have a decent backlog of books I need to read too... it's been difficult to get the energy to focus on reading. I did manage to go through two or three chapters of The Hunt for Red October today though.

[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
14-12-2016, 10:39 PM
That appointment down, now I have to wait for the call to arrange my next appointment with another psychiatrist with the service for longer term work and medication review.

I'm slowly getting better with all this seeing people nonsense. I didn't shut down at all

[+] 8 users Like Free Thought's post
15-12-2016, 09:22 AM
(14-12-2016 10:39 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  That appointment down, now I have to wait for the call to arrange my next appointment with another psychiatrist with the service for longer term work and medication review.

I'm slowly getting better with all this seeing people nonsense. I didn't shut down at all

Very cool! Thumbsup

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man