Getting help; an FT rambling.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2017, 01:01 AM
RE: Getting help; an FT rambling.
(01-01-2017 12:56 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(31-12-2016 08:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  If you have a service dog (emotional support dog), you can go anywhere with it.

I know, but I highly doubt I'd qualify for one.

Hi FT.

I know I don't respond often to this thread. I don't feel qualified. However, dogs?

If you cannot get a dog, mate, get a rat. I'm serious. They are like dogs. Smart as hell. I had a kitty litter in my rat's cage, which was always open when I was home. The rat only used the litter.

When I would return home she'd run up to my shoulder, put her little nose to my ear and talk to me!!!

Lots of fun, great company, easy to keep and cheap to feed.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2017, 07:41 AM
Emotional support dogs: You are required to have a letter from a doctor or mental health professional recommending that you have an emotional support dog for your condition. You may be asked to present this letter by airline staff when flying or by your landlord when renting a home.

An emotional support dog can assist with various kinds of mental and emotional conditions.
Here is a list of some mental and emotional conditions individuals may have that may be helped by having an emotional support dog:
Anxiety
Depression
Bipolar disorder
Mood disorder
Panic attacks
Fear/phobias
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Suicidal Thoughts/Tendencies

Get one of the docs to write a letter. Buy a vest for your dog. (google it, lots online).

Your landlord has to allow the dog, any building has to allow your dog, airlines have to allow your dog.

Any dog will do. Go to a shelter and see which one you click with. The only requirement is that you love each other.

The benefit of getting a letter and registering the dog is that you can take it anyplace. You should have no issues at all getting a letter.

But even if you can't it's a great idea. Any pet is, like Banjo said.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-01-2017, 07:44 AM
Are they Australian rules?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
01-01-2017, 08:12 AM
(01-01-2017 07:44 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Are they Australian rules?

Ooops, didn't realize he was Australian...

Australia has much stricter laws.

http://minddog.org.au/

These guys look to be the best source of help, but they are not accepting new applications for a while.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-01-2017, 05:08 PM
(01-01-2017 07:41 AM)Dom Wrote:  Emotional support dogs: You are required to have a letter from a doctor or mental health professional recommending that you have an emotional support dog for your condition. You may be asked to present this letter by airline staff when flying or by your landlord when renting a home.

An emotional support dog can assist with various kinds of mental and emotional conditions.
Here is a list of some mental and emotional conditions individuals may have that may be helped by having an emotional support dog:
Anxiety
Depression
Bipolar disorder
Mood disorder
Panic attacks
Fear/phobias

Get one of the docs to write a letter. Buy a vest for your dog. (google it, lots online).

Your landlord has to allow the dog, any building has to allow your dog, airlines have to allow your dog.

Any dog will do. Go to a shelter and see which one you click with. The only requirement is that you love each other.

The benefit of getting a letter and registering the dog is that you can take it anyplace. You should have no issues at all getting a letter.

I think part of the problem might be his kitties and although I'm not sure a lack of space.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-01-2017, 06:56 PM
(01-01-2017 05:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(01-01-2017 07:41 AM)Dom Wrote:  Emotional support dogs: You are required to have a letter from a doctor or mental health professional recommending that you have an emotional support dog for your condition. You may be asked to present this letter by airline staff when flying or by your landlord when renting a home.

Anxiety
Depression
Bipolar disorder
Mood disorder
Panic attacks
Fear/phobias

I think part of the problem might be his kitties and although I'm not sure a lack of space.

Putting aside that I probably would not qualify to have a care dog per el governmento rules, those are also considerations; with my two cats living downstairs with me, and my mother's dog upstairs there isn't all that much room for another dog. Plus the cats would not take kindly to a dog taking their turf.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
06-01-2017, 04:42 AM
First time taking my new meds soon. Hope the mirtazapine takes effect smoothly.

The psych office has been calling me every other day to check on me during the drug switch, it's a nice thought.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 4 users Like Free Thought's post
06-01-2017, 05:12 AM
(06-01-2017 04:42 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  First time taking my new meds soon. Hope the mirtazapine takes effect smoothly.

The psych office has been calling me every other day to check on me during the drug switch, it's a nice thought.

I'm on mirtazapine, good stuff, hope it works for you
26-01-2017, 08:01 AM
Got an appointment tomorrow with the new psychiatrist. Follow up on my new drug. I should be sleeping already, I'm running on fumes as it is, but I want to clear my head before my debriefing.

Last could weeks have been trying on me. I feel like with my new medications I've backslid further than ever before. I'm back to having issues reining in my emotions again, which has been compounded by some days just plain not going my way. Even small, stupid things are getting to me big time....

I haven't had any moments like the incident a while back, but the thoughts are still there. In some ways I feel worse than I've ever really been since treatment began.
Some days, especially if things haven't been going well I find myself genuinely wishing I could just die; some times I just feel like I can't keep going, that I've been fighting my own mind for so long I've lost track of time and I've not gotten anywhere. Some days I just want it all to stop, because I just can't feel it within myself to keep going, to keep up a seemingly futile fight. But I can't stop it. Life goes on regardless of my wishes and as ever I am powerless to stop it, no matter how desperate I get in those dark moments where I just can't keep it up and the straw finally snaps the camel's spine.
In the last few meetings/interviews I've had, 'hope' has been a big thing with my interviewers; they'd ask whether I still have hope that I can get better. I'm trying to be hopeful, but it's really damn hard sometimes. Then again, like I've said before, I don't even really know what 'better' means for me, it's been so long I still have difficulty comprehending anything other than my life now.

I've decided on some goals for this year; I want to pass at least three topics; make progress on my anxiety, and get over my difficulty being honest about this stuff with those trying to help me.
Hoping having clear overall targets like that will help keep me focused on progress, and stop me from fixating on the past too much.

I've played necromancer long enough, best be off and hope I get a good night rest.

26-01-2017, 08:22 AM
Hug

Heart

Wishing you all that I can!