Getting help; an FT rambling.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2017, 04:47 PM
RE: Getting help; an FT rambling.
(30-08-2017 04:39 PM)Banjo Wrote:  What do you want to do with your life FT?

I don't know. I want my brain to work properly. I want to know shit. Or to die quick and clean. Either way.

I don't know.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
30-08-2017, 04:59 PM
(30-08-2017 04:47 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I don't know. I want my brain to work properly. I want to know shit. Or to die quick and clean. Either way.

I don't know.

Okay. I can relate to the desire to want one's brain back.

What do you enjoy doing?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
30-08-2017, 05:09 PM
(30-08-2017 04:59 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 04:47 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I don't know. I want my brain to work properly. I want to know shit. Or to die quick and clean. Either way.

I don't know.

Okay. I can relate to the desire to want one's brain back.

What do you enjoy doing?

Not much. Sometimes I am able to enjoy playing games, though I can easily waste days at a time with them not out of enjoyment but just zoning out.
Photography is okay sometimes I guess by the opportunities for things to shoot are too few and my lens lacks Range making quality limited...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-08-2017, 05:16 PM
There are things to shoot everywhere....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
30-08-2017, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2017 05:35 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-08-2017 04:47 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 04:39 PM)Banjo Wrote:  What do you want to do with your life FT?

I don't know. I want my brain to work properly. I want to know shit. Or to die quick and clean. Either way.

I don't know.

Ah, this is some shit I know something about. Smile

I've felt that way twice in my life. Then, some 40 years ago now when diagnosed with manic depression as a teen, and now, noticing age-related cognitive decline in addition to the reawakening of The Black Beast. Then, I took my angst and threw it into my studies at uni. Now, I'm more likely to just go full Jesus. But in between I met my mate, made a bunch of babies who are now making more babies, did some programming and piled up a few assets so that when I go full Jesus nobody gets crucified. You should throw yourself headfirst into your studies. Take classes to learn how to make your unique brain functions useful to the community, they'll pay you for it - it was philosophy, neuropsych, cog sci, and comp sci for me. Uni provides you with all the resources you need to learn about yourself. It's kind of like its purpose. Think free, FreeThinker.

40 years from now, when your Black Beast reawakens, you'll recognize it. "Hey I know you, you're Jesus." and then you'll be able to just hug it and squeeze it to death. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-08-2017, 05:21 PM
(30-08-2017 05:16 PM)Dom Wrote:  There are things to shoot everywhere....

Okay then; nothing I ever feel the inclination to take photos of from which act I can derive enjoyment from, of which I have not already taken photos of, or lack the equipment to do so of satisfactorily...

30-08-2017, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2017 05:31 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-08-2017 05:21 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 05:16 PM)Dom Wrote:  There are things to shoot everywhere....

Okay then; nothing I ever feel the inclination to take photos of from which act I can derive enjoyment from, of which I have not already taken photos of, or lack the equipment to do so of satisfactorily...

If you can't seem to give a shit enough to even give a shit enough to give a shit, you might have anhedonia. Nah, there's no "might" about it, you have anhedonia. It's The Black Beast's most insidious weapon precisely because it's passive.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-08-2017, 05:34 PM
(30-08-2017 05:09 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Not much. Sometimes I am able to enjoy playing games, though I can easily waste days at a time with them not out of enjoyment but just zoning out.
Photography is okay sometimes I guess by the opportunities for things to shoot are too few and my lens lacks Range making quality limited...

Okay.
Mate I don't have any wisdom to give you. I am still searching for that.

I will say it is not unusual in my experience, many people do not know what they want to do for some time. Many have gone onto success later in life.

Perhaps explore the world more and try things out?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
30-08-2017, 05:40 PM
(30-08-2017 05:34 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(30-08-2017 05:09 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Not much. Sometimes I am able to enjoy playing games, though I can easily waste days at a time with them not out of enjoyment but just zoning out.

Okay.
Mate I don't have any wisdom to give you. I am still searching for that.

I will say it is not unusual in my experience, many people do not know what they want to do for some time. Many have gone onto success later in life.

Perhaps explore the world more and try things out?

That itself is fine wisdom. What you do while you're waiting for something interesting or exciting to happen makes all the difference because you know it don't make a difference. This is Beckett's message in Godot, I think.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-08-2017, 07:57 PM
(30-08-2017 05:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I don't know.

Ah, this is some shit I know something about. Smile

I've felt that way twice in my life. Then, some 40 years ago now when diagnosed with manic depression as a teen, and now, noticing age-related cognitive decline in addition to the reawakening of The Black Beast. Then, I took my angst and threw it into my studies at uni. Now, I'm more likely to just go full Jesus. But in between I met my mate, made a bunch of babies who are now making more babies, did some programming and piled up a few assets so that when I go full Jesus nobody gets crucified. You should throw yourself headfirst into your studies. Take classes to learn how to make your unique brain functions useful to the community, they'll pay you for it - it was philosophy, neuropsych, cog sci, and comp sci for me. Uni provides you with all the resources you need to learn about yourself. It's kind of like its purpose. Think free, FreeThinker.

40 years from now, when your Black Beast reawakens, you'll recognize it. "Hey I know you, you're Jesus." and then you'll be able to just hug it and squeeze it to death. Big Grin

I wish I could just throw myself into my study, and I have tried, but I can't get myself to. No matter how hard I try it just frustrates me and leaves me worse for wear than when I started...