Getting my CCL tomorrow.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2014, 04:37 PM
RE: Getting my CCL tomorrow.
(30-05-2014 04:33 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I would never be comfortable with little hobbit being around a loaded gun. Ever. Way too many stories of kids playing with them and killing themselves accidentally.

Gun education may change this.

I encourage you to do your research.

It's akin to saying you would never let your child play with a flintless and fueless lighter because you are afraid he will start a fire with it.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2014, 04:38 PM
(30-05-2014 04:37 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 04:33 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I would never be comfortable with little hobbit being around a loaded gun. Ever. Way too many stories of kids playing with them and killing themselves accidentally.

Gun education may change this.

It's akin to saying you would never let your child play with a flintless and fueless lighter because you are afraid he will start a fire with it.

I wouldnt let my kid play with a lighter. Its not a toy. *lol* Tongue
30-05-2014, 04:40 PM
(30-05-2014 04:38 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 04:37 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Gun education may change this.

I wouldnt let my kid play with a lighter. Its not a toy. *lol* Tongue

When shes older and wants to take gun lessons I'd be fine with that.
I however am old and set in my ways on this. Id just rather not have them here.
30-05-2014, 04:42 PM
On a side note, bullets cannot fire on their own. Mythbusters proved this. They tried everything to made a bullet fire outside a gun including constructing a robot that had a firing pin sized hammer that struck the firing cap square.

No a single bullet fired unintentionally.

Bullets and guns are designed to only fire when specific qualifications are met - ie, when specifically designed firing caps on bullets meet specifically designed firing pins.

30-05-2014, 04:43 PM
(30-05-2014 04:21 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I've thought about pepper spray. I'd like to try it on myself as well. (Yeah I know I'm crazy)

In Britain you would get arrested for carrying an offensive weapon. In fact the police perked their ears up when a family member mentioned that I went back into the house to pick up a pot of pepper to throw it into the eyes the drunk who had just been released from jail the previous day with a conviction for Grevious Bodily Harm. I had to correct them and claim that I had it with me when the commotion started otherwise they would have got me for carrying an offensive weapon.

I used to carry that pot of ground black pepper around with me for a whole year. The problem was that you need to replace the pepper so that it is fresh otherwise it takes longer to work. I threw it into a young man's face the moment he threw the first punch. It was night (Christmas Eve) and there was a street lamp behind him silhouetting him. The image of his head being engulfed in a cloud will remain with me. When the police finally arrived they found him crying about his eyes, my mum patting him on the back trying to comfort him and telling him where the nearest Accident & Emergency department was and three of his friends who had also joined in the fight wondering what to do. On my side was a 72 granddad and my 60 year old dad who were well up for a fight, my 50+ year old mother and my born again Christian older brother.

I once had a conversation with a woman police officer in a gay pub and her recommendation was to have a perfume atomiser spray in your bag. That way you would always have a valid excuse for carrying it.

In my cupboard here in Germany I put a single Naga Jolokia superhot chilli in a bottle of vodka as an experiment and left it for a year. The chilli pepper has gone from red to white, it quickly became too hot to drink and I'm not sure what to dilute it with. If I decanted the contents of that bottle into a spray in Britain it would be deemed a firearm and if found in my house there would result in me being charged. I'm saving it for parties.
30-05-2014, 04:43 PM
(30-05-2014 04:40 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 04:38 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I wouldnt let my kid play with a lighter. Its not a toy. *lol* Tongue

No, I get that... I wouldn't either. Just making a crude point is all.

30-05-2014, 04:45 PM
(30-05-2014 04:40 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 04:38 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I wouldnt let my kid play with a lighter. Its not a toy. *lol* Tongue

And that decision will statistically lower the chances of your child being killed by gun violence by around 300%.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
30-05-2014, 04:46 PM
(30-05-2014 04:43 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 04:21 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I've thought about pepper spray. I'd like to try it on myself as well. (Yeah I know I'm crazy)

In Britain you would get arrested for carrying an offensive weapon. In fact the police perked their ears up when a family member mentioned that I went back into the house to pick up a pot of pepper to throw it into the eyes the drunk who had just been released from jail the previous day with a conviction for Grevious Bodily Harm. I had to correct them and claim that I had it with me when the commotion started otherwise they would have got me for carrying an offensive weapon.

I used to carry that pot of ground black pepper around with me for a whole year. The problem was that you need to replace the pepper so that it is fresh otherwise it takes longer to work. I threw it into a young man's face the moment he threw the first punch. It was night (Christmas Eve) and there was a street lamp behind him silhouetting him. The image of his head being engulfed in a cloud will remain with me. When the police finally arrived they found him crying about his eyes, my mum patting him on the back trying to comfort him and telling him where the nearest Accident & Emergency department was and three of his friends who had also joined in the fight wondering what to do. On my side was a 72 granddad and my 60 year old dad who were well up for a fight, my 50+ year old mother and my born again Christian older brother.

I once had a conversation with a woman police officer in a gay pub and her recommendation was to have a perfume atomiser spray in your bag. That way you would always have a valid excuse for carrying it.

In my cupboard here in Germany I put a single Naga Jolokia superhot chilli in a bottle of vodka as an experiment and left it for a year. The chilli pepper has gone from red to white, it quickly became too hot to drink and I'm not sure what to dilute it with. If I decanted the contents of that bottle into a spray in Britain it would be deemed a firearm and if found in my house there would result in me being charged. I'm saving it for parties.

I have this image of you chasing some poor bloke down the street screaming at him: "Come back here arsehole, I wanna pepper vodka your face again!"
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
30-05-2014, 04:47 PM
(30-05-2014 04:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Go read my Sean Taylor story and you might change your tune.

I'm missing your point. I don't know what your Sean Taylor story is but as a Redskins fan I am familiar with his. Sean Taylor was most certainly not unarmed when his home was invaded. What is your point? I got Mossberg's loaded with slugs for home defense. Slugs are gonna stop you and put you down but you got a chance of surviving it. Double-aught buck from 10 feet is gonna cut your ass in half.

#sigh
30-05-2014, 04:52 PM
(30-05-2014 04:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 04:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Go read my Sean Taylor story and you might change your tune.

I'm missing your point. I don't know what your Sean Taylor story is but as a Redskins fan I am familiar with his. Sean Taylor was most certainly not unarmed when his home was invaded. What is your point? I got Mossberg's loaded with slugs for home defense. Slugs are gonna stop you and put you down but you got a chance of surviving it. Double-aught buck from 10 feet is gonna cut your ass in half.

I was talking about defending yourself with a melee weapon against a firearm.