Getting my CCL tomorrow.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2014, 05:18 PM
RE: Getting my CCL tomorrow.
Guns, no guns, some guns...the debate that never ends.

Where I grew up every house (pretty much) held guns. My dad, grandfather, brother, uncles, cousins, classmates, neighbors...no one got shot. Dad had a case full of guns, he carried them in his truck...legally. My brother built a gun cabinet in wood shop at school. I have owned a pistol in the past. There are guns in the house now. The guns were used for hunting, for shooting targets and skeet, for getting rid of pests, and for putting animals down. Some carried for protection. Kids were taught respect for guns...ownership and use.

Had I grown up in a culture where people didn't have guns I may look at gun ownership differently.

Not understanding something doesn't make it wrong.

You don't want a gun...don't get one.

This seems to be a topic that brings out the high and mighty and morally superior nearly as much as religion does.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
30-05-2014, 05:29 PM
I dont know. I felt everyone was being pretty civil
30-05-2014, 05:35 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2014 05:41 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-05-2014 04:21 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I've thought about pepper spray. I'd like to try it on myself as well. (Yeah I know I'm crazy)

In boot camp I remember walking into an enclosed chamber with a gas mask on and told to take the mask off and repeat my Oath of Enlistment. Chamber was filled with CS gas. "You don't get the gas mask back until you recite The Oath." That was just motivational. Most of us couldn't do it. There was this one guy in my company that just stood there through 4 hours of exposure. My CC said "We're gonna wait here and watch this." After 4 hours CC says, "Fuck it. Dude wins. Now let's get back to work." As RCPO I asked dude, "How the fuck you do that?" "I been inside. Shit happens inside mainly at meal time. You wanna eat you gotta learn to appreciate CS gas as a condiment." Hobo

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-05-2014, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2014 06:09 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-05-2014 05:06 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 04:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm missing your point. I don't know what your Sean Taylor story is but as a Redskins fan I am familiar with his. Sean Taylor was most certainly not unarmed when his home was invaded. What is your point? I got Mossberg's loaded with slugs for home defense. Slugs are gonna stop you and put you down but you got a chance of surviving it. Double-aught buck from 10 feet is gonna cut your ass in half.

Nah, that slug from 10 feet will do more damage. Neither is likely survivable.

Oh my dear fuck. That's not what I intended with slugs at all. Can't I like pack beanbags and shit which just flatten and bruise and will take a crazed ass down without penetrating to the vital organs? We already have this. I'm gonna look into reloading.

#sigh
30-05-2014, 06:09 PM
(30-05-2014 09:24 AM)djkamilo Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 07:51 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  This is why I carry I my gun. The BR area has the highest violent crime rate per capita in the nation.

Ever thought of moving else where?

Out here, we don't drive in the hood. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
30-05-2014, 06:11 PM
(30-05-2014 06:09 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 09:24 AM)djkamilo Wrote:  Ever thought of moving else where?

Around here theres a little bit of violence. But I'm much more scared of the old politicians Tongue
30-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Somebody asked way back if a handgun will kill a bear. It depends on the handgun but the answer is a clear, "yes." A lot of bear are killed with handguns and certain handguns are a legal method of bear hunting here in Colorado.

I grew up on the Rez and everybody had guns and could shoot well including the old women. I still hunt today and it gives me great pleasure plus a wonderful supply of organic [ no hormones, no steroids, no antibiotics] grass fed meat. Elk is a lot tastier than the farm raised beef you buy in a grocery store.

I also shoot targets 2-3 times a week. There is nothing more relaxing to me than shooting a 1 inch red dot on a piece of paper. [I can hit that dot consistently at 25 yards with many of my handguns and at 100 yards with any of my rifles.] I do not have any interest in shooting people or even pictures of people. I don't even like to think about having to shoot someone in self defense.

I know a lot of people are afraid of guns and that skews their general opinion of them. I am sorry for those who are afraid and I cannot fix that. I will do my best to never let you see any of my guns.

Oh, and Mathilda, the Tueler Drill which is taught to police officers and which we teach in the concealed carry course, says that it takes an experienced gunman 1.5 seconds to draw, aim and fire a handgun. An attacker can cover 21 feet in that time and if he is armed with anything, including a baseball bat or knife, you will probably be killed in that time.
[+] 2 users Like Black Eagle's post
30-05-2014, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2014 06:23 PM by GirlyMan.)

Out here we is stoned ... immaculate.

#sigh
30-05-2014, 06:19 PM
(30-05-2014 05:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 04:21 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I've thought about pepper spray. I'd like to try it on myself as well. (Yeah I know I'm crazy)

In boot camp I remember walking into an enclosed chamber with a gas mask on and told to take the mask off and repeat my Oath of Enlistment. Chamber was filled with CS gas. "You don't get the gas mask back until you recite The Oath." That was just motivational. Most of us couldn't do it. There was this one guy in my company that just stood there through 4 hours of exposure. My CC said "We're gonna wait here and watch this." After 4 hours CC says, "Fuck it. Dude wins. Now let's get back to work." As RCPO I asked dude, "How the fuck you do that?" "I been inside. Shit happens inside mainly at meal time. You wanna eat you gotta learn to appreciate CS gas as a condiment." Hobo

Thats sort of my thought process. If I'm gonna do something like that to someone, I'd like to know what I'd be causing. So I dont take it lightly.
30-05-2014, 06:23 PM

Google Glen Oaks in BR. The neighborhood has a rep.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]