Getting my CCL tomorrow.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2014, 08:24 PM
RE: Getting my CCL tomorrow.
(03-06-2014 07:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 06:58 PM)TheBear Wrote:  If someone is getting bludgeoned to death with a baseball bat, and you were right there and armed, the mere brandishing of the firearm would make most stop what they're doing. Not one shot has to be fired, in most cases. There will always be anomalies and exceptions to the rule.

Yes because vigilantism is the best way to solve crime.

That's a total misrepresentation of what I said.

Do you think you would have a moral obligation to intervene, or would you just stand there and do nothing?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2014, 08:36 PM
(03-06-2014 08:24 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 07:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yes because vigilantism is the best way to solve crime.

That's a total misrepresentation of what I said.

Do you think you would have a moral obligation to intervene, or would you just stand there and do nothing?

Of course, then carrying a baseball bat would have to be outlawed.

Even those mini souvenir ones. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
06-06-2014, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2014 04:57 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-06-2014 06:58 PM)TheBear Wrote:  If someone is getting bludgeoned to death with a baseball bat, and you were right there and armed, the mere brandishing of the firearm would make most stop what they're doing. Not one shot has to be fired, in most cases. There will always be anomalies and exceptions to the rule.

Where's the fun in that? At least with pepper spray and an expandable whip baton it's sporting. Oh. And pepper spray and sumo for the motherfucking win over shotgun. Tongue

And why don't the NRA and gun enthusiasts want me to own a smart gun? I thought they were all about me owning whatever gun I want?

(30-05-2014 04:29 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  If someone was standing over my bed, I would indeed be in a lot of trouble because I would not have time to grab my gun, chamber it, and flip the safety... well maybe... not likely though.

With a smart gun I could keep it chambered with the safety off in my dresser 3 feet away and not be worried about people playing with it as long as my bracelet was more than 10" away. Might have enough time then. Tongue

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus