Getting my CCL tomorrow.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2014, 01:23 PM
RE: Getting my CCL tomorrow.
(30-05-2014 01:08 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 12:45 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...
You choose the tool that best ensures your safety and your survival in situations that could be potentially life threatening.

I think that is the point that's being made.

We evolve, and more recently evolve our tools, to adapt to our environment.

Ergo, the Murikan environment has a problem.

Some here are advocating a survival of the fittest approach and others are suggestion that you change your environment.

I don't think it's that.

I think it's a "don't be a victim" mindset. And, since American society has had guns since its inception, it is a natural response.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
30-05-2014, 01:30 PM
(30-05-2014 12:45 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I love the logic being presented here.

Let's say you have to cross the ocean. Choosing the right boat is crucial to your survival and it's very much a life and death situation.

It doesn't make any sense to choose a bateau over ferry simply because the ferry is "overkill".

You choose the tool that best ensures your safety and your survival in situations that could be potentially life threatening.

Second DLJ, the analogy would cause you to MOVE OUT of BR, otherwise you can't really say that you are trying to best ensuring your safety and ruvival to begin with.

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
30-05-2014, 01:33 PM
(30-05-2014 01:30 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 12:45 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I love the logic being presented here.

Let's say you have to cross the ocean. Choosing the right boat is crucial to your survival and it's very much a life and death situation.

It doesn't make any sense to choose a bateau over ferry simply because the ferry is "overkill".

Second DLJ, the analogy would cause you to MOVE OUT of BR, otherwise you can't really say that you are trying to best ensuring your safety and ruvival to begin with.

Except that's not really an option at this point in my life... so there's that. So, yes I am.

30-05-2014, 01:33 PM
(30-05-2014 12:35 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 12:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  The bat is a deadly weapon. I choose a different one.

So is a foot if you're on the floor and they are stamping on your head. But neither are that effective in getting you incapacitated in the first place. Besides, you are clearly ignoring what I said earlier about staying in the car and diverting their attention with regards to the specific situation.

A baseball bat is in no way as deadly as a gun.

Deadly is deadly; dead is dead.

And, no, I am not ignoring that. The assailant is distracted from the original target and targets me. Now what?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-05-2014, 01:36 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2014 01:40 PM by djkamilo.)
(30-05-2014 01:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  The assailant is distracted from the original target and targets me. Now what?

You throw the cat from your profile pic on his face and run like the wind Yes

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
30-05-2014, 01:38 PM
(30-05-2014 01:36 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 01:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  The assailant is distracted from the original target and targets me. Now what?

You throw the cat from your profile pic on his face and rund like the wind Yes

I do believe Chas' run would be more like a gentle breeze than a wind.

[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
30-05-2014, 01:40 PM
(30-05-2014 01:06 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  You make the mistake of assuming the american wants to solve a problem. They don't.

They want to be the hero with the gun.

Oh, piss off. That is an insulting mischaracterization.

Quote:You wont be able to reason with an american gun person because this is a blind spot for them. Its their RIGHT to have a gun so they will have one (which I'm not arguing) and use it to kill someone if they can....if they were justified they wont get in trouble right?

Oh, piss off. That is an even more insulting mischaracterization.

Quote:I would have stopped to help that girl as well. Without the gun. (and guess what, I'm actually 5'4") You'd be surprised of how intimidating a group of people, a phone, or even your own car can be. If I felt nothing would help. I would run. I see no shame in running. A gun person will tell me I'm a wimp though. Why? Because I don't have a desire to kill someone? That woman in the other car still has the ability to get away as well. Shes in a car and hes walking around with a bat....she can outrun him I promise. She is not helpless in the situation either.

Not everyone has the ability to run away. Not every situation provides the opportunity. So, no, you can not promise that she can outrun him.

Quote:Now are there situations where I would risk my own life, or kill someone for risking anothers life? Absolutely. But how often do these situations really come up? Every dangerous situation I've dealt with in my life I haven't needed a gun.

Maybe, as I've stated before, I'm just not afraid of other people enough? Or I'm just not as blood thirsty as my fellow americans?

Oh, goody, more insults and silly generalizations.

Quote:I am however quite proud of KC for being prepared to stop and help that woman in the car. Helping someone in a dangerous situation, especially a stranger, is always a hard decision to make.

*edit* These are just my personal opinions however. I would never stop a person from owning a gun. Thats not my right. I just dont understand the absolute desire to use one to solve a problem....if that makes sense.

You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

30-05-2014, 01:41 PM
(30-05-2014 01:23 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...
I don't think it's that.

I think it's a "don't be a victim" mindset. And, since American society has had guns since its inception, it is a natural response.

You don't think it's that and yet the next sentence shows that you do.

How, in your mind does "don't be a victim" not equate to survival of the fittest?

Huh

(30-05-2014 01:30 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  ...

But moving out is not changing the environment... it's changing one's environment (subtle distinction).

30-05-2014, 01:42 PM
(30-05-2014 01:38 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 01:36 PM)djkamilo Wrote:  You throw the cat from your profile pic on his face and rund like the wind Yes

I do believe Chas' run would be more like a gentle breeze than a wind.

OUCH ! Gasp

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
30-05-2014, 01:43 PM
(30-05-2014 01:08 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 12:45 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...

I think that is the point that's being made.

We evolve, and more recently evolve our tools, to adapt to our environment.

Ergo, the Murikan environment has a problem.

Some here are advocating a survival of the fittest approach and others are suggestion that you change your environment.

And, if you read the last several months' exchanges, some of us are advocating both. I plan to survive until it actually changes.

So, there's that. Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post