Getting my CCL tomorrow.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2014, 01:48 PM
RE: Getting my CCL tomorrow.
(30-05-2014 01:41 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 01:23 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  ...
I don't think it's that.

I think it's a "don't be a victim" mindset. And, since American society has had guns since its inception, it is a natural response.

You don't think it's that and yet the next sentence shows that you do.

How, in your mind does "don't be a victim" not equate to survival of the fittest?

Huh

According to my understanding, survival of the fittest is an active role in evolution that is ongoing while don't be a victim is an incidental form of evolution that happens sporadically.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2014, 02:44 PM
(30-05-2014 01:06 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  You make the mistake of assuming the american wants to solve a problem. They don't.

They want to be the hero with the gun.

You wont be able to reason with an american gun person because this is a blind spot for them. Its their RIGHT to have a gun so they will have one (which I'm not arguing) and use it to kill someone if they can....if they were justified they wont get in trouble right?

I would have stopped to help that girl as well. Without the gun. (and guess what, I'm actually 5'4") You'd be surprised of how intimidating a group of people, a phone, or even your own car can be. If I felt nothing would help. I would run. I see no shame in running. A gun person will tell me I'm a wimp though. Why? Because I don't have a desire to kill someone? That woman in the other car still has the ability to get away as well. Shes in a car and hes walking around with a bat....she can outrun him I promise. She is not helpless in the situation either.

Now are there situations where I would risk my own life, or kill someone for risking anothers life? Absolutely. But how often do these situations really come up? Every dangerous situation I've dealt with in my life I haven't needed a gun.

Maybe, as I've stated before, I'm just not afraid of other people enough? Or I'm just not as blood thirsty as my fellow americans?

I am however quite proud of KC for being prepared to stop and help that woman in the car. Helping someone in a dangerous situation, especially a stranger, is always a hard decision to make.

This.

I'd just add that anyone who thinks that a gun is a reasonable defence against someone armed with only a base ball bat should grow a pair.

There's a definite cultural chasm here. The rest of the civilised world, that can be just as violent as parts of America, look on this gun fetishism as insane and somewhat pathetic. I don't really want to say that because it will cause offence but it's the truth.

Anyway, it's pointless me posting on this any more now I've stated my position.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
30-05-2014, 03:27 PM
(30-05-2014 02:44 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I'd just add that anyone who thinks that a gun is a reasonable defence against someone armed with only a base ball bat should grow a pair.

Go fuck yourself. You have an ignorant and unrealistic attitude toward self-defense.

Do you even hear yourself? Sure, the cripple should be man enough to use a baseball bat against blah, blah, blah.

Quote:There's a definite cultural chasm here. The rest of the civilised world, that can be just as violent as parts of America, look on this gun fetishism as insane and somewhat pathetic. I don't really want to say that because it will cause offence but it's the truth.

Anyway, it's pointless me posting on this any more now I've stated my position.

Yes, there is a cultural chasm - it's between realists and non-realists like yourself.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-05-2014, 03:29 PM
I have a "personal protection" weapon.

Wanna see it? (It's actually really cool!)

Big Grin Its really nice. Keep it in the bedside table drawer.
30-05-2014, 03:30 PM
(30-05-2014 03:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 02:44 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I'd just add that anyone who thinks that a gun is a reasonable defence against someone armed with only a base ball bat should grow a pair.

Go fuck yourself. You have an ignorant and unrealistic attitude toward self-defense.

Clearly it has always worked for me up to now. You know fuck all about my own personal experiences but that doesn't matter if it means you can dismiss me.
30-05-2014, 03:30 PM
(30-05-2014 03:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yes, there is a cultural chasm - it's between realists and non-realists like yourself.

Apparently if you don't live in America you don't live in the real world.
30-05-2014, 03:36 PM
Help me wrap my little pacifist peabrain around this. You can open carry without any sorta permit or license whatsoever but you need a license to conceal carry? What do you have to do in order to get that? In the Peoples Republic of Maryland you need to demonstrate a compelling argument demonstrating that it's for the safety of the gen pop. Like "I run all around Baltimore picking up book for this bookie carrying large sums of cash." is a valid reason.

#sigh
30-05-2014, 03:38 PM
(30-05-2014 03:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Help me wrap my little pacifist peabrain around this. You can open carry without any sorta permit or license whatsoever but you need a license to conceal carry? What do you have to do in order to get that? In the Peoples Republic of Maryland you need to demonstrate a compelling argument demonstrating that it's for the safety of the gen pop. Like "I run all around Baltimore picking up book for this bookie carrying large sums of cash." is a valid reason.

Apparently not much. My uncle is the number one licenser in the state. He once licensed a blind man because he passed all the required tests.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
30-05-2014, 03:40 PM
(30-05-2014 03:30 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 03:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Go fuck yourself. You have an ignorant and unrealistic attitude toward self-defense.

Clearly it has always worked for me up to now. You know fuck all about my own personal experiences but that doesn't matter if it means you can dismiss me.

I am dismissing your opinion because you don't know fuck all about mine, yet you tell me to grow a pair? Fuck you.

30-05-2014, 03:42 PM
(30-05-2014 03:30 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 03:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yes, there is a cultural chasm - it's between realists and non-realists like yourself.

Apparently if you don't live in America you don't live in the real world.

Don't be a dipshit -read the thread.
It's her ignorance and dismissal of people who can't defend themselves the way she thinks is proper.