Getting my CCL tomorrow.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2014, 03:45 PM
RE: Getting my CCL tomorrow.
(30-05-2014 03:29 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I have a "personal protection" weapon.

Wanna see it? (It's actually really cool!)

Big Grin Its really nice. Keep it in the bedside table drawer.

Here it is

[Image: IMAG2834.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
30-05-2014, 03:47 PM
(30-05-2014 03:38 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 03:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Help me wrap my little pacifist peabrain around this. You can open carry without any sorta permit or license whatsoever but you need a license to conceal carry? What do you have to do in order to get that? In the Peoples Republic of Maryland you need to demonstrate a compelling argument demonstrating that it's for the safety of the gen pop. Like "I run all around Baltimore picking up book for this bookie carrying large sums of cash." is a valid reason.

Apparently not much. My uncle is the number one licenser in the state. He once licensed a blind man because he passed all the required tests.

[Image: HUH-WE-ENHANCE-1_zps9ae2d3c4.jpg]

I'm not sure Louisiana should be allowed to vote. Or I guess we could let them vote and just not count them. They probably wouldn't notice.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
30-05-2014, 03:47 PM
(30-05-2014 03:38 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 03:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Help me wrap my little pacifist peabrain around this. You can open carry without any sorta permit or license whatsoever but you need a license to conceal carry? What do you have to do in order to get that? In the Peoples Republic of Maryland you need to demonstrate a compelling argument demonstrating that it's for the safety of the gen pop. Like "I run all around Baltimore picking up book for this bookie carrying large sums of cash." is a valid reason.

Apparently not much. My uncle is the number one licenser in the state. He once licensed a blind man because he passed all the required tests.

Nope nothing about that system needs to be changed. Working as intended.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
30-05-2014, 03:52 PM
(30-05-2014 03:45 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 03:29 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I have a "personal protection" weapon.

Wanna see it? (It's actually really cool!)

Big Grin Its really nice. Keep it in the bedside table drawer.

Here it is

Well that's one way to keep Near in check. "Don't make me go all Lorena Bobbitt on your ass bitch."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-05-2014, 03:53 PM
(30-05-2014 03:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 03:45 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Here it is

Well that's one way to keep Near in check. "Don't make me go all Lorena Bobbitt on your ass bitch."

Ha! Damn straight!

Seriously though. This thing is scary. Its really sharp and heavy and I am halfway convinced I could chop a tree down with it Tongue
30-05-2014, 03:58 PM
In all fairness, saying or implying that you can counsel or rationalize with an attacker and thwart their attack with words is pretty cartoonish.

Likewise, implying or saying that you should "play fair" and use the same level of weapon that an attacker is using in order to defend yourself or others seems... well... just stupid.

Police officers are trained to recognize the level of threat a person possesses and are trained to act accordingly. As an average joe, most people don't possess this skill or knowledge, so they should be encouraged to protect themselves in the most effective way possible if they feel that their lives or even their immediate health are at are at risk. You're really going to stand behind the notion that it's a okay for a person to just get hit with a baseball bat but not killed while the attacker was neutralized? This is justice in your eyes? A person should just lie down and take it because not enough force is being induced to initiate death; therefore, the attacker has a right to live in that moment? If so, well... I don't even know what to say.

In American law, if a person shot and killed an attacker that was brandishing a baseball or any melee weapon, it can almost be guaranteed that they will be exonerated and the case will be determined "self defense".

People have the right to protect themselves and shouldn't have to play to the standards of their attacker.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
30-05-2014, 03:59 PM
(30-05-2014 03:47 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Nope nothing about that system needs to be changed. Working as intended.

I love the way it's paired with one of the worst health systems in the developed world. It's a nice little touch for the social Darwinists Wink
[+] 1 user Likes Elder Cunningham's post
30-05-2014, 04:00 PM
(30-05-2014 03:53 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Seriously though. This thing is scary. Its really sharp and heavy and I am halfway convinced I could chop a tree down with it Tongue

I have a couple of Cold Steel bushman knives. They seem ideal for survival situations. A single piece of metal with a hollow handle for putting a stick into and a sharp point. I've taken it wild camping in the highlands of Scotland and it's great for chopping up vegetables. I wouldn't want it in a paragliding harness though in case I had a rough landing, which unfortunately is the most likely reason to find myself stranded in the boonies. I'm trying to build up a store of survival equipment for worst case scenarios.

[Image: 95BUSS_m.jpg]
30-05-2014, 04:01 PM
(30-05-2014 03:47 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 03:38 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Apparently not much. My uncle is the number one licenser in the state. He once licensed a blind man because he passed all the required tests.

[Image: HUH-WE-ENHANCE-1_zps9ae2d3c4.jpg]

I'm not sure Louisiana should be allowed to vote. Or I guess we could let them vote and just not count them. They probably wouldn't notice.

Well, again... in fairness, there isn't much different between someone with a CCL and someone who practices open carry. So, it's kind of moot.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
30-05-2014, 04:07 PM
(30-05-2014 04:00 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 03:53 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Seriously though. This thing is scary. Its really sharp and heavy and I am halfway convinced I could chop a tree down with it Tongue

I have a couple of Cold Steel bushman knives. They seem ideal for survival situations. A single piece of metal with a hollow handle for putting a stick into and a sharp point. I've taken it wild camping in the highlands of Scotland and it's great for chopping up vegetables. I wouldn't want it in a paragliding harness though in case I had a rough landing, which unfortunately is the most likely reason to find myself stranded in the boonies. I'm trying to build up a store of survival equipment for worst case scenarios.

[Image: 95BUSS_m.jpg]

Yeah. Thats why I have mine. Its useful in all kinds of situations. But if I need to defend myself, its there. Ya know?