Getting my CCL tomorrow.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2014, 04:09 PM
RE: Getting my CCL tomorrow.
(30-05-2014 03:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  In all fairness, saying or implying that you can counsel or rationalize with an attacker and thwart their attack with words is pretty cartoonish.

Likewise, implying or saying that you should "play fair" and use the same level of weapon that an attacker is using in order to defend yourself or others seems... well... just stupid.

Police officers are trained to recognize the level of threat a person possesses and are trained to act accordingly. As an average joe, most people don't possess this skill or knowledge, so they should be encouraged to protect themselves in the most effective way possible if they feel that their lives or even their immediate health are at are at risk. You're really going to stand behind the notion that it's a okay for a person to just get hit with a baseball bat but not killed while the attacker was neutralized? This is justice in your eyes? A person should just lie down and take it because not enough force is being induced to initiate death; therefore, the attacker has a right to live in that moment? If so, well... I don't even know what to say.

In American law, if a person shot and killed an attacker that was brandishing a baseball or any melee weapon, it can almost be guaranteed that they will be exonerated and the case will be determined "self defense".

People have the right to protect themselves and shouldn't have to play to the standards of their attacker.

I think enough force should be used to stop the situation if needed. I don't want to kill anyone if I don't have to though. If that makes sense.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
30-05-2014, 04:12 PM
(30-05-2014 03:45 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 03:29 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I have a "personal protection" weapon.

Wanna see it? (It's actually really cool!)

Big Grin Its really nice. Keep it in the bedside table drawer.

Here it is

[Image: IMAG2834.jpg]

Ummm, yeah. This is how that's probably going to turn out.

Story

Taylor, 24, succumbed at 3:30 a.m., nearly 26 hours after his girlfriend, Jackie Garcia, placed a 911 call from a cellphone at his Palmetto Bay home. An intruder, still on the loose Tuesday night, entered the bedroom of the house and shot Taylor in the groin as he tried to defend himself with a machete, according to police.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
30-05-2014, 04:15 PM
(30-05-2014 04:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 03:45 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Here it is

[Image: IMAG2834.jpg]

Ummm, yeah. This is how that's probably going to turn out.

Story

Taylor, 24, succumbed at 3:30 a.m., nearly 26 hours after his girlfriend, Jackie Garcia, placed a 911 call from a cellphone at his Palmetto Bay home. An intruder, still on the loose Tuesday night, entered the bedroom of the house and shot Taylor in the groin as he tried to defend himself with a machete, according to police.

I'd like to see the statistics on how many home invasions involve shootings. I suspect its not as high as people think.
30-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Do you keep guns loaded laying about the house?

If not. Then you're gonna have to get to your gun and load it. If youre surprised in the middle of the night with someone looming over your bed, will you have time to do that?
30-05-2014, 04:17 PM
(30-05-2014 04:16 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Do you keep guns loaded laying about the house?

Who me?

30-05-2014, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2014 05:01 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-05-2014 03:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  In American law, if a person shot and killed an attacker that was brandishing a baseball or any melee weapon, it can almost be guaranteed that they will be exonerated and the case will be determined "self defense".

People have the right to protect themselves and shouldn't have to play to the standards of their attacker.

The degree to which depends on the State. Self-defense is a tough sell in Maryland. We don't have no stupid "Stand Your Ground Laws" like you teaturds south of the border of reasonableness.

(30-05-2014 03:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  As an average joe, most people don't possess this skill or knowledge, so they should be encouraged to protect themselves in the most effective way possible if they feel that their lives or even their immediate health are at are at risk. You're really going to stand behind the notion that it's a okay for a person to just get hit with a baseball bat but not killed while the attacker was neutralized? This is justice in your eyes? A person should just lie down and take it because not enough force is being induced to initiate death; therefore, the attacker has a right to live in that moment? If so, well... I don't even know what to say.

Give me some bear pepper spray and an ASP 21-inch expandable whip baton and I'll not only take out a bat-wielding face-eating bath salt crazy, but also most armed robbers 'cause they have a natural reluctance to shoot me (cops'll be called and they'll have to run without getting my cash, which I never carry anyway) and I have zero reluctance to reaching into my back wallet pocket and bringing out the bear pepper spray on their sorry ass and whipping the shit outta their temporarily blind ass with my baton. ... wait ... Consider ... think the bear pepper spray and the expandable whip baton might both be illegal in Maryland. Ah fuck 'em, I've had them for decades. Tongue

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Theres too many what ifs for me in this.

I'm happy with the protection I have. I don't want a gun in my house.
(30-05-2014 04:09 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 03:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  In all fairness, saying or implying that you can counsel or rationalize with an attacker and thwart their attack with words is pretty cartoonish.

Likewise, implying or saying that you should "play fair" and use the same level of weapon that an attacker is using in order to defend yourself or others seems... well... just stupid.

Police officers are trained to recognize the level of threat a person possesses and are trained to act accordingly. As an average joe, most people don't possess this skill or knowledge, so they should be encouraged to protect themselves in the most effective way possible if they feel that their lives or even their immediate health are at are at risk. You're really going to stand behind the notion that it's a okay for a person to just get hit with a baseball bat but not killed while the attacker was neutralized? This is justice in your eyes? A person should just lie down and take it because not enough force is being induced to initiate death; therefore, the attacker has a right to live in that moment? If so, well... I don't even know what to say.

In American law, if a person shot and killed an attacker that was brandishing a baseball or any melee weapon, it can almost be guaranteed that they will be exonerated and the case will be determined "self defense".

I think enough force should be used to stop the situation if needed. I don't want to kill anyone if I don't have to though. If that makes sense.

And most people would agree. I do. I'll bet KC does.

Being willing and able to does not mean one wants to.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(30-05-2014 04:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 03:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  In American law, if a person shot and killed an attacker that was brandishing a baseball or any melee weapon, it can almost be guaranteed that they will be exonerated and the case will be determined "self defense".

The degree to which depends on the State. Self-defense is a tough sell in Maryland. We don't have no stupid "Stand Your Ground Laws" like you teaturds south of the border of reasonableness.

(30-05-2014 03:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  As an average joe, most people don't possess this skill or knowledge, so they should be encouraged to protect themselves in the most effective way possible if they feel that their lives or even their immediate health are at are at risk. You're really going to stand behind the notion that it's a okay for a person to just get hit with a baseball bat but not killed while the attacker was neutralized? This is justice in your eyes? A person should just lie down and take it because not enough force is being induced to initiate death; therefore, the attacker has a right to live in that moment? If so, well... I don't even know what to say.

Give me some bear pepper spray and an ASP 21-inch expandable whip baton and I'll not only take out a bat-wielding face-eating bath salt crazy, but I'll take out most armed robbers 'cause they have a natural reluctance to shoot me (cops'll be called and they'll have to run without getting my cash, which I never carry anyway) and I have zero reluctance to bear pepper spraying their sorry ass and whipping the shit outta them with my baton. ... wait ... Consider ... think the bear pepper spray and the expandable whip baton might both be illegal in Maryland. Ah fuck 'em, I've had them for decades. Tongue

Go read my Sean Taylor story and you might change your tune.

(30-05-2014 04:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(30-05-2014 04:16 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Do you keep guns loaded laying about the house?

Who me?

Yeah. I added more to the question in case you didnt see it.