Getting my name changed.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2017, 05:57 AM
RE: Getting my name changed.
(17-03-2017 05:38 AM)julep Wrote:  If you want to, that's fine. However, I know several people who go by their middle names instead of their first names (without doing the first initial thing), and they don't have problems when it comes to taxes or legal documents, etc.

For legal things like signing a check, that's why I mentioned the first initial thing. It saves from going through the process of a legal name change. I should have been more clear.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2017, 06:01 AM
(17-03-2017 05:29 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Hate my legal entitlement. Growing up it was agreed that I should have been an abortion and that I was the reason the marriage dissolved. Well, I don't agree with the second part. But sure, I never wanted my father's name.

Other than that, the naming of things is straight witchcraft. You want your name. my name is ellenjanuary. Took thousands of hours to find that one. Make it legal but dudes are weirded out by calling another dude ellen in my experience. John is a marketing strategy.

What I've become seems to be living word of gwynnite; well John the Cantor, so there it is there.

TLBig GrinR

Not weird. You probably need a couple of names. Wink

I dunno, "John Cantor O'Mars" has a certain ring to it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
17-03-2017, 12:37 PM
(17-03-2017 05:48 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(16-03-2017 11:15 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  But here's the funny part. My mother loved the name Bruce because of the Robert the Bruce Scottish legend. (I personally hate that name) Anyway she loved it so much she named two of her son's Bruce. So I have a half brother named Bruce and full blooded brother named Bruce.

OMG! I forgot about the Bruce sketches. When I first met my husband and told him I had two brothers named Bruce he laughed so hard and then started reciting the Monty Python Bruce sketch. Geez, how could I forget that. Laugh out load

When he eventually met my brothers Bruce......or would it be my brother Bruces ....or brothers called Bruce.....it was quite funny. Yes, it was Bob Newhart all over again. "I'd like you to meet my brother Bruce.....and my other brother Bruce. "

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
19-03-2017, 12:21 AM
(16-03-2017 05:36 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  So, after much thought I think I might get my name legally changed to my middle name. I've always hated my first name and I've always loved my middle name.

Do you think changing your own name is weird? XD
My first name is the same as my father's first name. To avoid confusion (I suppose) I was always called by my middle name. I grew to hate that name. I've never met anyone else with that name although a few celebrities do have it. About 20 years ago I had my middle name legally changed to the initial only and started going by my first name.

The one thing about yourself that is easy to change is your name. According to my lawyer you have the right to go by any name you want. The legal bit is just to declare to the world that you are not being fraudulent and to make legal anything you sign with your chosen name.

Sapere aude
19-03-2017, 03:04 AM
I think if your name makes you unhappy, you should change it. It's after all just an arbitrary assignment.

But there will be a certain amount of hassle involved in doing so, which has to be weighed up.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-03-2017, 07:22 AM
No, it's not weird at all. You should do what makes you happy.
19-03-2017, 09:11 AM
(16-03-2017 05:36 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  So, after much thought I think I might get my name legally changed to my middle name. I've always hated my first name and I've always loved my middle name.

Do you think changing your own name is weird?

Here in Australia, one can use any name they desire—without any particular legal caveats. My partner changed her name a couple of decades ago, and other than notifying the banks, transport department, doctor, post office etc never had any issues. And although she changed her name to something totally different, she still even uses her original signature for legally binding documents.

I have to say though that it seems weird for someone to ask an important question like this of a group of unknown people on an internet forum.

As I understand it, if your middle name is on your birth certificate, you're free to use it unencumbered—after all, it is your name.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.