Getting stuck with theists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-05-2015, 09:48 PM
Getting stuck with theists
I was a Muslim ad I chosed to become an Atheist. No one know about my secret here in Pakistan. Most of the people around me are devoted Muslims. The problem is that I hate to be with them because they always wanna talk about either religion or politics. They always want to drag me into this debate. If you don't follow them, you will be called infidel. I never wanted to be a part of it because I see it as waste of time. I have read a lot about Islam and its history and that is why I am an Atheist. Most of them don't even know about it and they will say good things they heard from their sect's religious leader. Also these religious leaders say that just follow religion because if you would try to get into big affairs of religion, you will either become and Atheist or extremist.
In the end, I want to say that I want to get out of this country. Possible destinations are Canada or Australia. But not now. Education here is cheap and I have lots of time with good job right now. I want to learn more and when I become really good at doing things and earn from it, I will migrate.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like faisal6309's post
13-05-2015, 09:55 PM
RE: Getting stuck with theists
Hug

Help come to Australia and balance out the religious loons people keep voting in here. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
14-05-2015, 02:59 AM
(13-05-2015 09:48 PM)faisal6309 Wrote:  I was a Muslim ad I chosed to become an Atheist. No one know about my secret here in Pakistan. Most of the people around me are devoted Muslims. The problem is that I hate to be with them because they always wanna talk about either religion or politics. They always want to drag me into this debate. If you don't follow them, you will be called infidel. I never wanted to be a part of it because I see it as waste of time. I have read a lot about Islam and its history and that is why I am an Atheist. Most of them don't even know about it and they will say good things they heard from their sect's religious leader. Also these religious leaders say that just follow religion because if you would try to get into big affairs of religion, you will either become and Atheist or extremist.
In the end, I want to say that I want to get out of this country. Possible destinations are Canada or Australia. But not now. Education here is cheap and I have lots of time with good job right now. I want to learn more and when I become really good at doing things and earn from it, I will migrate.

Wait a few years if you choose to join some of your former countrymen in Norway; immigrant hostile party is a part of the government right now. They're making a good enough job of embarrasing themselves and dragging the rest of the right wing parties down with them, but they'll do as much damage as possible before they leave.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
14-05-2015, 08:08 AM
If you are a scientist, consider applying for graduate school in the U.S. You will be paid a stipend that will allow you to be economically independent, while you work on your Ph.D.
[+] 2 users Like Iñigo's post
14-05-2015, 09:38 AM
(14-05-2015 08:08 AM)Iñigo Wrote:  If you are a scientist, consider applying for graduate school in the U.S. You will be paid a stipend that will allow you to be economically independent, while you work on your Ph.D.

He said he wants to get AWAY from the religious loons.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
14-05-2015, 11:16 AM
(14-05-2015 09:38 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 08:08 AM)Iñigo Wrote:  If you are a scientist, consider applying for graduate school in the U.S. You will be paid a stipend that will allow you to be economically independent, while you work on your Ph.D.

You can never fully get away from religious loons, but as a scientist in the U.S., he would be around less religious loons.
[+] 1 user Likes Iñigo's post
14-05-2015, 12:22 PM
(14-05-2015 09:38 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  

Yes, because graduate-level science programs are overrun with religious loons.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
14-05-2015, 04:55 PM
(14-05-2015 12:22 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 09:38 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  He said he wants to get AWAY from the religious loons.

The Comp Sci graduate programs in the US seem to be overrun with tiny Chinese teenage girls who giggle every time I ask questions to try to understand their work. They scare the shit outta Girly.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-05-2015, 09:31 PM

Thanks for that but I am computer professional and doing graduate in computer programming.
15-05-2015, 12:10 PM
(14-05-2015 12:22 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 09:38 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  He said he wants to get AWAY from the religious loons.

As a scientist, in the US, who went through graduate school, I can tell you that there are many religious loons even in the sciences. I was more referring to the everyday joe.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac