Getting the new halo.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Getting the new halo.
Its been decided. This is the reason. C'mon 343 don't make me like COD over halo.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2014, 08:40 PM
RE: Getting the new halo.
I've been thinking of getting into the Halo series, but is it too far along?

Or is it just like Call of Duty where every one is pretty much the same, and you could pretty much transplant any dialog, mission or cut scene from one into another, making only very subtle changes to character names, settings etc, and not really notice the difference?

That's a genuine question, not a piss take... Is it big on plot, and if so, should I jump in at this stage?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2014, 08:44 PM
(12-05-2014 08:40 PM)Sam Wrote:  I've been thinking of getting into the Halo series, but is it too far along?

Or is it just like Call of Duty where every one is pretty much the same, and you could pretty much transplant any dialog, mission or cut scene from one into another, making only very subtle changes to character names, settings etc, and not really notice the difference?

That's a genuine question, not a piss take... Is it big on plot, and if so, should I jump in at this stage?

First to me every game is the same. Everybody only uses that on cod because it comes out yearly. Halo is easier, the guns work a little better and its easier to win. And yes you can do all the things they do for cod in any other game ever. Big Grin

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
12-05-2014, 09:00 PM
(12-05-2014 08:40 PM)Sam Wrote:  I've been thinking of getting into the Halo series, but is it too far along?

You could probably just find a summary of the story so far.
It's not too long. There is though a lot of story beside what's in the games.

[Image: oscar.png]
12-05-2014, 09:09 PM
(12-05-2014 09:00 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

You could probably just find a summary of the story so far.

I mean, if I bought the latest game would I be missing out on a lot of good plot moments... Or are they all pretty much just cliched FPS drivel that makes no difference whether its game 1 or the millionth sequel?

They look interesting to me... But I won't bother if its basically just sci-fi CoD.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
12-05-2014, 09:19 PM
(12-05-2014 08:26 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Its been decided. This is the reason. C'mon 343 don't make me like COD over halo.

Halo under Bungie was fantastic; I was less impressed with what 343 did in Halo 4. They tweaked the look and feel to a point that seemed too different from the established universe. I think that their take on multiplayer was overly contrived. Specifically, creating a "reason" for spartans to be battling. For ten years, no one needed a reason to blast each other with rocket launchers, or stick someone in the face with a plasma grenade. As a result of their "reasoning" it no longer made sense to play as elites—which sucks.
Dino Blasters was one of my favorite variants in Reach's multiplayer, but you can't do it without elites. A lot of the fun (Action Sack) was removed for their new canon.
Multiplayer would be pretty sweet if they not only added the elites back in, but added other species as well. Each Covenant species would have its own unique ability: elites can dive/dodge, brutes can charge, jackals have shields, flood infected can melee from fifteen feet and jump high, hunters (yep, hunters) have an amazing back swing, and grunts can... um... say funny shit. Sure, there could be balance issues if you mix them together in Deathmatch, but that's where you can have more versatility with game types and variants. Imagine Juggernaut where everyone is an elite except the Juggie, he's a hunter.

343 did make some nice additions to Forge, though.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 1 user Likes Jeffasaurus's post
12-05-2014, 11:24 PM
(12-05-2014 09:09 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 09:00 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You could probably just find a summary of the story so far.

I mean, if I bought the latest game would I be missing out on a lot of good plot moments... Or are they all pretty much just cliched FPS drivel that makes no difference whether its game 1 or the millionth sequel?

They look interesting to me... But I won't bother if its basically just sci-fi CoD.

The story is a hell of a lot better than CoD or Battlefield.
It's still meh IMO but you would be missing out on a fair chunk.
The story would probably be pretty confusing too. "Why am I on this planet, who are these guys? what's this main badguy got to do with the story? what's the stupid AI chick doing? I'm confused, are these alien dudes with or against us?" etc..

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
13-05-2014, 01:23 AM
(12-05-2014 11:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 09:09 PM)Sam Wrote:  I mean, if I bought the latest game would I be missing out on a lot of good plot moments... Or are they all pretty much just cliched FPS drivel that makes no difference whether its game 1 or the millionth sequel?

The story is a hell of a lot better than CoD or Battlefield.
It's still meh IMO but you would be missing out on a fair chunk.
The story would probably be pretty confusing too. "Why am I on this planet, who are these guys? what's this main badguy got to do with the story? what's the stupid AI chick doing? I'm confused, are these alien dudes with or against us?" etc..

Right... I'll have a look at some back story.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
13-05-2014, 10:18 AM
Oh, I thought you meant
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYIZzWajBhVVyXPY4svJU...0qgiC-VnDt]

I am disappoint.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
13-05-2014, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2014 10:59 AM by Alex_Leonardo.)
List of what would be nice to see in Halo 5:
They should have a "Sqauds" game (Like in reach) But, 1 person is a spartan, and the rest of the squad is the regular military.

Implement savable classes and "Armour sets" that have different attributes, and a light and heavy armour system, that would increase individuality. You could customize a light (marines) and a heavy (spartan) version of your character. This could be mirrored by the other species, where you can customize a light (grunt/those dog Prometheans) or a heavy (Elite/Main Promethians) set of armour.The light could run faster, and spawn on players and vehicles, while the heavy armour can is slower, but stronger, and can have players spawn on them. (Like reach, where you can spawn on your friends.)

Also, they should have the map editor features from reach. (Halo 4 sucked and you could barely do anything with that map editor.)

AI players, like from Titanfall.

Features to make it waaaaaaaayyyy different from COD. Halo 4 was just basically cod. (Reach wasn't though.)

Also, armour shouldn't be cosmetic. It should progress in utility, strenght and speed, so you are encouraged to create different classes or combinations. (You could level up tiers and you would be put in the same lobby as your tier.)

Better guns that aren't shit. Un-nerf plasma weapons.

Game modes that don't suck shit. (However, dominion from Halo 4 was good. I like the idea of actually defending the bases and they should put a lot more features in dominion.)

Better weapon customization.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post