RE: Getting the new halo.
edite

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-05-2014, 02:23 PM
(12-05-2014 09:19 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 08:26 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Its been decided. This is the reason. C'mon 343 don't make me like COD over halo.

Halo under Bungie was fantastic; I was less impressed with what 343 did in Halo 4. They tweaked the look and feel to a point that seemed too different from the established universe. I think that their take on multiplayer was overly contrived. Specifically, creating a "reason" for spartans to be battling. For ten years, no one needed a reason to blast each other with rocket launchers, or stick someone in the face with a plasma grenade. As a result of their "reasoning" it no longer made sense to play as elites—which sucks.
Dino Blasters was one of my favorite variants in Reach's multiplayer, but you can't do it without elites. A lot of the fun (Action Sack) was removed for their new canon.
Multiplayer would be pretty sweet if they not only added the elites back in, but added other species as well. Each Covenant species would have its own unique ability: elites can dive/dodge, brutes can charge, jackals have shields, flood infected can melee from fifteen feet and jump high, hunters (yep, hunters) have an amazing back swing, and grunts can... um... say funny shit. Sure, there could be balance issues if you mix them together in Deathmatch, but that's where you can have more versatility with game types and variants. Imagine Juggernaut where everyone is an elite except the Juggie, he's a hunter.

343 did make some nice additions to Forge, though.

Ironically 343 was bungie. The bungie that made halo reach is now 343, the one that made halo 3 ODST is making destiny.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
13-05-2014, 02:24 PM
(13-05-2014 10:43 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  List of what would be nice to see in Halo 5:
They should have a "Sqauds" game (Like in reach) But, 1 person is a spartan, and the rest of the squad is the regular military.

Implement savable classes and "Armour sets" that have different attributes, and a light and heavy armour system, that would increase individuality. You could customize a light (marines) and a heavy (spartan) version of your character. This could be mirrored by the other species, where you can customize a light (grunt/those dog Prometheans) or a heavy (Elite/Main Promethians) set of armour.The light could run faster, and spawn on players and vehicles, while the heavy armour can is slower, but stronger, and can have players spawn on them. (Like reach, where you can spawn on your friends.)

Also, they should have the map editor features from reach. (Halo 4 sucked and you could barely do anything with that map editor.)

AI players, like from Titanfall.

Features to make it waaaaaaaayyyy different from COD. Halo 4 was just basically cod. (Reach wasn't though.)

Also, armour shouldn't be cosmetic. It should progress in utility, strenght and speed, so you are encouraged to create different classes or combinations. (You could level up tiers and you would be put in the same lobby as your tier.)

Better guns that aren't shit. Un-nerf plasma weapons.

Game modes that don't suck shit. (However, dominion from Halo 4 was good. I like the idea of actually defending the bases and they should put a lot more features in dominion.)

Better weapon customization.

^this and you should be able to re-up

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
13-05-2014, 05:13 PM
(13-05-2014 10:43 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Also, they should have the map editor features from reach. (Halo 4 sucked and you could barely do anything with that map editor.)
Reach's Forge World was awesome. You can do a lot in Halo 4's Forge..., but only on about 4 maps. Outside of that, it's about as exciting as Halo 3's Forge at launch (before the Forge-centric DLC maps).

I'd still like to see Firefight enabled Forge maps.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
13-05-2014, 06:37 PM
(13-05-2014 05:13 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  
(13-05-2014 10:43 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Also, they should have the map editor features from reach. (Halo 4 sucked and you could barely do anything with that map editor.)
Reach's Forge World was awesome. You can do a lot in Halo 4's Forge..., but only on about 4 maps. Outside of that, it's about as exciting as Halo 3's Forge at launch (before the Forge-centric DLC maps).

Next Fire fight should also be species oriented. Like elites vs some of the covenent.

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
13-05-2014, 07:27 PM
(13-05-2014 06:37 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(13-05-2014 05:13 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  Reach's Forge World was awesome. You can do a lot in Halo 4's Forge..., but only on about 4 maps. Outside of that, it's about as exciting as Halo 3's Forge at launch (before the Forge-centric DLC maps).

Next Fire fight should also be species oriented. Like elites vs some of the covenent.

Or Covies v. Flood.

It would be nice if they bring Firefight back. Reach's deep customization was sweet. There's nothing like blowing off steam by facing a Gruntpocolypse with a bottomless clip rocket launcher and an unlimited jet pack. Thumbsup
Replacing it with Spartan Ops just seemed like they were copying CoD's Spec Ops. Halo defined what a FPS should be. It was setting the standard and breaking new ground, they shouldn't feel the need to copy another IP.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
13-05-2014, 07:36 PM
I'm still looking for a "****" TV adapter game to justify buying an XBOX-ONE.

GTA > PS2
HALO > XBOX
DEAD RISING > 360
LITTLE BIG PLANET > PS3
***** > XBOX ONE

Could well be the new halo, the last game was solid.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
13-05-2014, 07:37 PM
(13-05-2014 07:27 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  
(13-05-2014 06:37 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Next Fire fight should also be species oriented. Like elites vs some of the covenent.

Or Covies v. Flood.

It would be nice if they bring Firefight back. Reach's deep customization was sweet. There's nothing like blowing off steam by facing a Gruntpocolypse with a bottomless clip rocket launcher and an unlimited jet pack. Thumbsup
Replacing it with Spartan Ops just seemed like they were copying CoD's Spec Ops. Halo defined what a FPS should be. It was setting the standard and breaking new ground, they shouldn't feel the need to copy another IP.

Yeah never knew why they did that. Firefight>Spartan Ops.

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
13-05-2014, 07:38 PM
(13-05-2014 07:36 PM)sporehux Wrote:  I'm still looking for a "****" TV adapter game to justify buying an XBOX-ONE.

GTA > PS2
HALO > XBOX
DEAD RISING > 360
LITTLE BIG PLANET > PS3
***** > XBOX ONE

Could well be the new halo, the last game was solid.

What you have a 360? Gamertag NOW!!!!!!!