Getting tired of Trumpets and Flat Earthers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2017, 02:18 PM
So here recently I've had a string of debates on Facebook with trump supporters and flat earthers and I decided to take a break from the theist insanity and have some intelligent conversations. I'm new so the thing to do is introduce myself. Jobs done. Smile

I watch a fair amount TV, but don't read like I use to. I work in IT as a consulting doing Exchange/O365 and Networking. I enjoy science and some of my favorite topics are batteries and alternate energy sources, but I find stuff like wasp venom and nano delivery systems that curing cancer fascinating as well. This include hydro and geothermal which don't seem to get the love they deserves IMO. I also enjoy gaming but I'm holding off on that right now. Still playing a card game called War of Omens, but work on my retirement plan of an 8 unit apartment complex took up all my free time for the last month or so and I stopped playing Black Desert Online. (that game is a huge time sink...) I've played World of Tanks/Warships. Love the Total War series. Played some league of legends but quit when I started playing BDO. (might be going back ARAM and no ranked in the near future) On a humorous note I named my two havanese Teemo and Galio. Was going to debate.org but it's just so buggy now, so I started going to debate island but they've set flat earthers as moderators for the earth science and they just delete my posts when I disagree with them. As I've finally recovered from the housing bubble bursting in 2006 I decided to hire some developers to create ForDebating for me, but the delays are worse than the contractor problems I'm having with my apartment complex. I've almost come to the conclusion no one does what they say they are going to do/their job anymore. It's frustrating, so I figured I'd try some atheist forums and see if that leads to a better quality of discussion.

So hit me up if any of that sounds interesting, and I look forward to getting to know ya. Big Grin

Developing ForDebating.com that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com/fordebating
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Coveny's post
07-09-2017, 02:23 PM
RE: Getting tired of Trumpets and Flat Earthers
Welcome! Pull up a chair and chime right in!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
07-09-2017, 02:30 PM
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
07-09-2017, 02:32 PM
I would say you probably just need to start ignoring people like that on FB; it's a pointless venture. I used to argue with people like that on other boards but found in the end it really didn't matter. They would end up having their own circle jerk where when one was "attacked" they'd all come to their rescue and it ended up being nothing but the standard "BUT BUT BUT OBAMA!!!" or "snowflake libtards!" And when Trump does something that should actually piss them off, they merely then fall back on "Both parties suck!" (which is funny, I see so many claiming that yet they have no problem being specific about the DNC but never specifically call out the RNC for anything....hmmmmmm).

And flat-earthers.....seriously, you're wasting your time.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
07-09-2017, 02:40 PM
Howdy.

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
07-09-2017, 03:11 PM
Welcome to the Nut bin Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-09-2017, 03:11 PM
Hello there Smile

Get your own bleeding hymn book
[+] 1 user Likes Thedemonbarber's post
07-09-2017, 04:16 PM
As someone who played Trumpet in school, I can say they are very annoying.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
07-09-2017, 04:22 PM
(07-09-2017 02:32 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  I would say you probably just need to start ignoring people like that on FB; it's a pointless venture. I used to argue with people like that on other boards but found in the end it really didn't matter. They would end up having their own circle jerk where when one was "attacked" they'd all come to their rescue and it ended up being nothing but the standard "BUT BUT BUT OBAMA!!!" or "snowflake libtards!" And when Trump does something that should actually piss them off, they merely then fall back on "Both parties suck!" (which is funny, I see so many claiming that yet they have no problem being specific about the DNC but never specifically call out the RNC for anything....hmmmmmm).

And flat-earthers.....seriously, you're wasting your time.

My wife has been telling me the same thing, which is why I am here!

Developing ForDebating.com that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com/fordebating
07-09-2017, 04:24 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes! You guys sure are a friendly bunch. (raised in Arkansas so I speak fluent redneck)

[+] 1 user Likes Coveny's post