Getting tired of Trumpets and Flat Earthers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2017, 10:44 PM
RE: Getting tired of Trumpets and Flat Earthers
(11-09-2017 08:20 PM)Coveny Wrote:  The flat earthers don't believe in gravity, and say it can't be proven...

So then for kicks they jump off tall buildings ?
They're a buncha liars.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
12-09-2017, 01:54 AM
(11-09-2017 08:00 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 07:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My man just informed me he works with a flat earther.

Dude also denies that vaccines work. Gmo's are evil. There's no climate change either.

This dude works in the medical field.

I vote him off the planet.

I wonder if he believes magnetism is real since it's invisible.
Tell him to wear a big heavy steel chain around his neck into the MRI room.
Tongue

Some 20y ago i had to go inside a MRI, i was kinda technican. Blush
After putting down anything metal outside, i finally went in. However i forgot (i was smoking back then) that i still had my lighter in the pocket of my shirt. The result was quite.....spectacular, especially considering the distance between the MRI and the lighter when the *event" took place. Shocking

We are talking about 1-2 Teslas or so. Ohmy

[Image: resize.php?src=21sr-32Mv4L.jpg&w...p;amp;q=80]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
12-09-2017, 02:33 AM
(11-09-2017 08:20 PM)Coveny Wrote:  The flat earthers don't believe in gravity, and say it can't be proven...

But wait... If the earth isn't flat, why don't planes just fly off into space Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Thedemonbarber's post
12-09-2017, 06:40 AM
(12-09-2017 02:33 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  

But wait... If the earth isn't flat, why don't planes just fly off into space Big Grin

There is a "filament" or bubble around the earth preventing it. I'm telling you man, they LOVE trying to force their fantasy into reality...

Developing ForDebating.com that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com/fordebating
[+] 1 user Likes Coveny's post
12-09-2017, 06:43 AM
(12-09-2017 02:33 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  

As I understand it from philosophy, people who make claims contrary to appearances have the burden of proof.

That includes anyone who thinks perceived realities are false: that we are really brains in vats, that the Earth is flat, that God is the only reality, that Trump's lies are true, or whatever other contrarian idea they are pushing.

If they don't accept the burden of proof, they are just screwing with people.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
12-09-2017, 06:48 AM
What I don't get, are the sun and other planets flat as well or do they get privledged as found objects.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
12-09-2017, 06:55 AM
(12-09-2017 06:48 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  What I don't get, are the sun and other planets flat as well or do they get privledged as found objects.

Nah, only Earth is flat because it's the centre of the universe...
[+] 1 user Likes Thedemonbarber's post
12-09-2017, 07:34 AM
(12-09-2017 06:40 AM)Coveny Wrote:  
(12-09-2017 02:33 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  But wait... If the earth isn't flat, why don't planes just fly off into space Big Grin

There is a "filament" or bubble around the earth preventing it. I'm telling you man, they LOVE trying to force their fantasy into reality...

I have heared Sean Carroll say one should ask them about the circular shadow of the moon or earth during elipses like we currently had. Drinking Beverage

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
12-09-2017, 08:42 AM
(12-09-2017 06:48 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  What I don't get, are the sun and other planets flat as well or do they get privledged as found objects.

In the flat earther fantasy world other planets are just balls of light. The sun and moon are round but much smaller and closer. There are many problems with this as instead of a time zone line that goes from the north pole to the south pole the timezone should be sphere. (so New York and Florida should have very different times for sunrise and sunset)

As someone else mentioned eclipse aren't something they will addressed when asked. But I enjoy listening to them trying to explain how the sun moves further away from the north pole, and speeds up in the winter, and then gets closer to the north pole and dramatically slows down in the summer. (as they explain the seasons/sun's height in the sky by the circle getting closer and further from the north pole)

Developing ForDebating.com that I hope to populate with intelligent critical thinkers. You can follow updates at https://www.facebook.com/fordebating
12-09-2017, 10:34 AM
I'm still waiting for their explanation as to why the clouds get lit up from underneath during sunrise/sunset, and why the sun still sinks/rises from the horizon, even in some of the flattest places on Earth like the plains or ocean, size never changing, if it's only 'moving away.'

Then again I never should bother engaging these loons. 95% of them are a lost cause.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/