Getting tooth pulled

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2017, 06:46 PM
RE: Getting tooth pulled
(28-03-2017 06:45 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  Yes, Gas!
The bucks I paid was really money well worth it Rob.

So he put this clamp around the tooth and then cranked that little wrench till I thought the tooth would implode.

Then the twisting and the squeaking was really something. So, I would deliberately BREATHEEEeeeeeeeee DEEEeeeeeep, and my happy place was back in full swing.
Gas is the ONLY way I would endure that chit ever again.

When you done as many poppers as Girly you don't even notice it. Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2017, 07:02 PM
I don't think they do gas around here. And if they do it will be very expensive. The extraction is already 65 - 350 Euro... so it's gonna make a good dent in my wallet already...

I think I will follow the advice with the headphones.
My current dentist is very good. He explains everything and makes very sure that the anaesthetic works and all. I really need to know everything and I have no issues looking at the stuff he uses - actually prefer to see everything and have the doctor tell me everything he does. So far he did that just right.
I hope the 3 minute estimation is good. I also think I will have the husband pick me up or go with me and wait ... something like that. Because I don't wanna walk the city alone after that. Just gonna get run over by a car or whatever

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
28-03-2017, 07:11 PM
(28-03-2017 07:02 PM)Leerob Wrote:  I don't think they do gas around here. And if they do it will be very expensive. The extraction is already 65 - 350 Euro... so it's gonna make a good dent in my wallet already...

My current dentist is very good. He explains everything and makes very sure that the anaesthetic works and all. I really need to know everything and I have no issues looking at the stuff he uses - actually prefer to see everything and have the doctor tell me everything he does. So far he did that just right.
I hope the 3 minute estimation is good. I also think I will have the husband pick me up or go with me and wait ... something like that. Because I don't wanna walk the city alone after that. Just gonna get run over by a car or whatever

Might ask him if you can take a couple Valerian Root prior to help get your calm on. Over the counter derivative of Valium.
The 3 minutes of intensity is accurate for my experience too. When it was over, it was all over too.

You have to be odd to be #1.
28-03-2017, 07:13 PM
Yeah some folks are the opposite of me and want to know exactly what will be going on and what tools will be used, etc. I'm just better left in the dark. Hobo Good luck with everything, Leerob. Smile

28-03-2017, 07:17 PM
(28-03-2017 07:11 PM)BackSlider Wrote:  Might ask him if you can take a couple Valerian Root prior to help get your calm on. Over the counter derivative of Valium.
The 3 minutes of intensity is accurate for my experience too. When it was over, it was all over too.

Yup. I do that too. Only I take a couple of xanax.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
28-03-2017, 08:15 PM
(28-03-2017 07:02 PM)Leerob Wrote:  I don't think they do gas around here. And if they do it will be very expensive. The extraction is already 65 - 350 Euro... so it's gonna make a good dent in my wallet already...

The only bad part is when your brains come out too.
They can usually stuff em back in.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
29-03-2017, 12:20 AM
Quite a few years ago, I had a tooth extracted in preparation for getting a dental implant. Local anesthetics were used. The extraction was entirely painless, as was the implant process later. I was given a follow-up prescription for pain medication, but I never needed it. Thumbsup
29-03-2017, 06:15 AM
I have about eight cavities and six teeth. Remember, kiddies, don't do meth. Tongue

Sticking needles into the gums is the only painful part, but I had that whole "faith healing with Gwynnies" episode back in 2008 and I think I shorted out all that wiring. Laugh out load

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
29-03-2017, 06:40 AM
You can always suck the propellant gas outta a can of Rediwhip spray whipped cream.... Nitrous oxide is nitrous oxide.

Fun fact - the church up the street once gave away cases of the stuff... My mom gave me one...

She probably thought my girlfriend and I were using it for kinky sex every night.

Heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
29-03-2017, 07:43 AM
(28-03-2017 04:38 PM)Leerob Wrote:  Hi,

So I have always been very scared of the dentist. (Had some really bad experiences)
Now my current dentist is actually very good and careful and has fixed some overdue stuff already.
I made an appointment for Saturday and will ask if he can just pull that bitch of a tooth out because it won't stop hurting. This is the one tooth that has caused me so much pain over the years, fuck it now.
So far, so ballsy. But on Saturday I get it pulled and I am freaking out.
I asked my buddy about it because he had one pulled earlier this year. He said it doesn't hurt but it is uncomfortable.
How the fuck can it be "only" uncomfortable when someone pulls a tooth out of my head? I really don't know, but I am freaking out about this.
I actually deal with pain very well but pains in the head are just a different story from any other pain.
As ballsy as I am at everything else, I just lose it at the dentist.

Has anybody gotten a tooth (not wisdom) pulled and can tell me how that happens and what that uncomfortable but not pain is supposed to mean?

cheers
Rob

I was lucky and the only teeth I had pulled were my wisdom teeth at 16. They put me under to do that and I remember the Dr. told me he was the fastest Dr. at pulling wisdom teeth. I thought to myself "I'm not sure that's a good or bad thing?". Anyway the anticipation is the worst part. I was literally there for less than an hour for four teeth and the actual procedure took maybe 15 mins total.

I'm meticulous about my teeth for some reason. I had braces from 6th - 9th grade and after I got them off I didn't want anything to go wrong. I've only had one cavity in my life and everyone talks about the shots in your gums. I worried about that but if your Dr. is good (and let's face it, most dentists know you don't like to go to them) then he / she will be very good at the shots. I never even felt the shots at all. Once everything was numb they started drilling and I never felt a thing. Whole process took maybe 30 mins.

People say use gas but that didn't work on me for some reason? And I've done a shit ton of whippets when I was growing up. So the gas is hit or miss I suppose. Couldn't hurt though. Like most have said here... The anticipation is the worst. The rest is easy.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post