Getting tooth pulled

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2017, 12:27 PM
RE: Getting tooth pulled
(29-03-2017 03:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My dentist is quite liberal with the use of gas. He does not charge extra for it because he says it makes his job easier. Since laying on my back in one of those chairs has been hard for me since my surgeries and my sinuses are crap....he cranks that stuff up on high. I put in earbuds and he lets me know when he's done. It's a win-win.

That's a good reason. I've had it before when my insurance did cover it and I didn't notice a thing. Certainly nothing I'd pay for. But I have a rather high intoxication threshold acquired through many years of vigorous training and discipline.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-03-2017, 01:40 PM
I had three wisdom teeth pulled at once. Like someone said, the most pain i felt was when he popped the needle with ultracaine into my gums. Lasted like 1mins total. was over before i realized it began.

Had another tooth pulled, and it took like 1hr. He couldnt see from the x-ray, that an additional (3rd) root perpendicular to the x-ray image was holding the tooth in my jaw. Again, most pain i felt was the 5s of getting the analgetic. This and after 30mins i go tannoyed that he was pulling my whole head around while trying to pull the tooth.

Then, ohh, by the way, you still didnt faint, yeah?..then i had this root canal removed...no probs, but weeks later, the root and jawbone got ulcerated. The fucking worst pain i felt.ever. So i went to the surgeon, he popped a needle into my gums and the sticky yellow stuff sprayed his face Big Grin. got some antibiotics for a few days, then back to surgeon. Got the analgesy like usual, and then he started drilling...into my jawbone to remove "dead" material and clip off the tip of the root. Felt like drilling holes in the wall to hang a picture, just me being the wall *BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR*
But again, no pain, just annoying sound penetrating my brain by body-sound via my jawbone and skull. Was kinda...funny.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
30-03-2017, 01:51 PM
(30-03-2017 01:40 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I had three wisdom teeth pulled at once.

pffft. I had all 4 wisdom teeth fucking dug out at once. "No no stop, there's no tooth there." "Never gonna be either. There are no dentists on subs. Now stop wiggling or this trainee's gonna fuck it up. This is his first extraction."

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
01-04-2017, 05:50 AM
Didn't get my tooth out. Got it checked and x-ray on it and it seems fine. But in exchange for that, getting a wisdom tooth out in a few weeks. yay or something

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
01-04-2017, 07:06 AM
(01-04-2017 05:50 AM)Leerob Wrote:  Didn't get my tooth out. Got it checked and x-ray on it and it seems fine. But in exchange for that, getting a wisdom tooth out in a few weeks. yay or something
So what did you do to stop it from hurting in the first place?
Guess you just let time heal its self?

You have to be odd to be #1.
02-04-2017, 06:14 AM
(01-04-2017 07:06 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  
(01-04-2017 05:50 AM)Leerob Wrote:  Didn't get my tooth out. Got it checked and x-ray on it and it seems fine. But in exchange for that, getting a wisdom tooth out in a few weeks. yay or something
So what did you do to stop it from hurting in the first place?
Guess you just let time heal its self?
Well when that tooth got fixed in the first place, the dentist told me to not bite hard things on it. I thought he means only stuff like nuts or so. But apparently anything that requires a bit of force should not be chewed with that. So I will refrain from that and see if it gets better because he said that it is probably just stressed from that. He also told me to use specific tooth paste to help it with the sensitivity to temperature.

- Wotsefack?! -
02-04-2017, 07:19 AM
I can't afford a dentist at all and I have two teeth almost completely missing and many chipped ones and ones with holes Sad

And the erosion damage is permanent. The last time I did have a dentist (before I moved away from where there was a free dentist) he told me that the erosion on my teeth is not only permanent but as bad as the average 60 or 70 year old's (I was 25... I'm 28 now)... and that was BEFORE any of them started to erode away completely which is what he warned me about Sad. That was 3 years ago Sad

Good luck with the dentist.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-04-2017, 02:56 PM
(02-04-2017 07:19 AM)EvieTheTurtle Wrote:  I can't afford a dentist at all and I have two teeth almost completely missing and many chipped ones and ones with holes Sad

And the erosion damage is permanent. The last time I did have a dentist (before I moved away from where there was a free dentist) he told me that the erosion on my teeth is not only permanent but as bad as the average 60 or 70 year old's (I was 25... I'm 28 now)... and that was BEFORE any of them started to erode away completely which is what he warned me about Sad. That was 3 years ago Sad

Good luck with the dentist.
Your profile says you are in the UK. I thought UK has free health care? Is dental stuff not included in that?
Anyway, I get where you are coming from. Once I left Germany, my teeth went downhill and now I have all this stuff that needs to be done because I just don't have good teeth although I take care of them. Ireland doesn't have a proper health care system. Especially not for people who have a job and earn just too much for a medical card... So my husband has a mouth full of problems and my teeth are almost taken care of after 6 years because I could never afford to just get it all done. Next will be his mouth. Poor guy.

- Wotsefack?! -
28-05-2017, 04:01 AM
Whoa! Some here had two or three of their teeth pulled at once! I can't image how uncomfortable, if not painful, that can be! I have not experienced getting a tooth pulled by the dentist thought I regularly visit one for cleaning. During my younger years, my teeth would fall on their own Smile