Getting very close to loosing my father. I need a hug :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Getting very close to loosing my father. I need a hug :(
My father is a minister. He is one of the most devout Christians I have ever met. You know the type. One that prays multiple times a day, references bible constantly, and insists on leading the entire populous to Christ. I have been out of the church since the day I moved off to college. And I was finished before that.

I was "saved" at 16 and baptized by this man. He was and would still be the number one leader in my life. I love him. But he will not let me be.

He has begun to push me harder and harder every time he sees me. I have been giving him as strong of a signal as I can without being an absolute ass.

I want to visit him but dread the trip. It is getting to the point that I am going to have to tell him to fuck off.

This, I do not want to doNo The main problem with this is that he himself is the primary cause of me beginning to question my faith. No matter how you approach it he will take personal offense to my heathenism. Then he will become even more resolved to fix me.

I can't find a way to break it lightly. Every turn only leads to more pain. He hasn't the power to change me, nor I him. The only possible conclusion is distance.

He wont totally drop me, but it will not be the same. I have always been less than adequate to him. I cant remember the last time he said something positive about me. But alas, he is my dad.

I am feeling blue tonight. Can I get a hug?

"Your mind is twice a valuable as your body. And your ears are twice as valuable as your mouth. People will pay you based on which you use." - A very smart old lawyer
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2013, 07:43 PM
RE: Getting very close to loosing my father. I need a hug :(
Distance would be good,like you suggested. Anyway,here is my hug!

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
12-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Hug

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
12-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Not much else for anyone else to do for you at this point other than send you virtual hugs.

Hug

I hope you feel better. (Nice to meet you, by the way.)

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
12-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Yes, distance...

Hug Hug Hug

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
12-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Thanks guys. It is good to know that I am not alone here. Many of those on this forum has been in the same place.

I find myself thinking about gays now. I used to be one of those guys who didn't really care so long as I wasn't involved. But if this is how it feels to be gay in a straight family, I feel their pain. So maybe going thru this might just make me a better person. Who knows.

"Your mind is twice a valuable as your body. And your ears are twice as valuable as your mouth. People will pay you based on which you use." - A very smart old lawyer
[+] 2 users Like PatThePoltergeist's post
12-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Of course! Many Hug for you. It's hard to deal with.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

13-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Hug Heart