Ghost Adventures

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Ghost Adventures
Hi, I'm Nicky from England, I'm not actually an atheist but a colleague got me listening to the podcasts and I find them very interesting. Just wanted to say that I was hopping through the channels and came across Ghost Adventures - the most RIDICULOUS programme I've ever seen! Terrible acting passed off as something real. We had Most Haunted in the UK which everyone knew was fake but this is far worse. Do people take this programme seriously? Laughable show. Anyway, just thought I'd put my two pence worth in there!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-10-2012, 11:49 AM
RE: Ghost Adventures
(28-10-2012 08:46 AM)NickyNix85 Wrote:  Hi, I'm Nicky from England, I'm not actually an atheist but a colleague got me listening to the podcasts and I find them very interesting. Just wanted to say that I was hopping through the channels and came across Ghost Adventures - the most RIDICULOUS programme I've ever seen! Terrible acting passed off as something real. We had Most Haunted in the UK which everyone knew was fake but this is far worse. Do people take this programme seriously? Laughable show. Anyway, just thought I'd put my two pence worth in there!

Welcome, not an atheist. How do you characterize yourself? You at least sound skeptical.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Hi, in all honesty I would characterise myself as Christian but would spend many happy hours at work debating the supernatural with people who sat in the same area, that's how I started listening to the podcasts in trying to get a view of all opinions. When it comes to the paranormal (which is what i'm really interested in) i'm a bit of both -i believe there are plenty of things put there we can't explain (yet) but i don't believe in mediums, psychics or any of that 'woo'. Ghost Adventures was so trashy it made me want to post
28-10-2012, 03:28 PM
I rather enjoy the show, myself...

But, that's me Smile

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
28-10-2012, 03:35 PM
It was good for a chuckle, I'll give it that!
28-10-2012, 04:21 PM
I do often find myself yelling at the TV, debunking the "supernatural" things they think they've found (and Zak's incessant butchering of the English language is a source of constant hilarity), but overall, I just have a thing for creepy places and creepy situations.

28-10-2012, 04:24 PM
(28-10-2012 04:21 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I do often find myself yelling at the TV, debunking the "supernatural" things they think they've found (and Zak's incessant butchering of the English language is a source of constant hilarity), but overall, I just have a thing for creepy places and creepy situations.

That's just creepy. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
28-10-2012, 04:27 PM
(28-10-2012 04:24 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-10-2012 04:21 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I do often find myself yelling at the TV, debunking the "supernatural" things they think they've found (and Zak's incessant butchering of the English language is a source of constant hilarity), but overall, I just have a thing for creepy places and creepy situations.

That's just creepy. Consider

Indeed Drinking Beverage

28-10-2012, 07:01 PM
(28-10-2012 08:46 AM)NickyNix85 Wrote:  Hi, I'm Nicky from England, I'm not actually an atheist but a colleague got me listening to the podcasts and I find them very interesting. Just wanted to say that I was hopping through the channels and came across Ghost Adventures - the most RIDICULOUS programme I've ever seen! Terrible acting passed off as something real. We had Most Haunted in the UK which everyone knew was fake but this is far worse. Do people take this programme seriously? Laughable show. Anyway, just thought I'd put my two pence worth in there!

Some people do, yeah, but then, some people believe in all sorts of crazy shit.

I've seen Most Haunted too, and a bunch of other similar shows. I can usually only stomach 1 or 2 episodes of each, though. The main thing I like about these shows is some of the locations are cool.
28-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Even back when I believed in ghosts, I could tell that Ghost Adventures was staged shenanigans. Other paranormal investigation shows I watched either staged something here and there and/or waited for a natural phenomena that could be misinterpreted as supernatural (that is, looking back on it retrospectively, I believed it as genuine at the time). Ghost Adventures was the only one with such consistently over the top and complex manifestations (bricks or objects flying on camera, multiple clear EVP's, attacks on camera crew, ethereal specters, etc). A smorgasbord of exciting "paranormal events" was guaranteed for each episode. The only way to get such systematically identical results in a field where evidence doesn't work in your favor is to control the variables.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post