Ghost Orbs.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-07-2014, 10:27 AM
RE: Ghost Orbs.
(21-07-2014 08:26 AM)CiderThinker Wrote:  What!? You mean those aren't the divine noodley wisdom of the FSM!?

Nope. Those are the ghosts of the snakes created from sticks by the prophet Moses. Anything else is lies from Iblis.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2014, 11:02 AM
(19-07-2014 08:45 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  It fascinates me that people take this stuff as supernatural.

To me it just looks like when I don't cover my nose quickly enough and accidentally sneeze on my computer screen.

People love to scare the shit out of themselves.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
23-07-2014, 10:57 AM
I think they are clear messages from gawd. Yup. If you connect the dots in just the right way, you can find all sorts of religious shapes if your confirmation bias you look long enough. And if you count them, the numbers can mean all sorts of things - probably found in the babble. The ones that look like light are surely some kind of proof of creationism. You have to do a lot of work though (and head scratching) to find these things because gawd made it all very, very clear. Yes

Seriously, I think Matilda nailed it with the dusty lenses. Or water droplets on the lenses could do it too.

Oh, and Photoshop can produce all sorts of "miracles".

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
23-07-2014, 02:31 PM
(23-07-2014 10:57 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I think they are clear messages from gawd. Yup. If you connect the dots in just the right way, you can find all sorts of religious shapes if your confirmation bias you look long enough. And if you count them, the numbers can mean all sorts of things - probably found in the babble. The ones that look like light are surely some kind of proof of creationism. You have to do a lot of work though (and head scratching) to find these things because gawd made it all very, very clear. Yes

Seriously, I think Matilda nailed it with the dusty lenses. Or water droplets on the lenses could do it too.

Not exactly. Dust and insects in the air in the out of focus area between lens and subject. Anyone who does actual photography has seen this.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-07-2014, 02:56 PM
(23-07-2014 02:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-07-2014 10:57 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I think they are clear messages from gawd. Yup. If you connect the dots in just the right way, you can find all sorts of religious shapes if your confirmation bias you look long enough. And if you count them, the numbers can mean all sorts of things - probably found in the babble. The ones that look like light are surely some kind of proof of creationism. You have to do a lot of work though (and head scratching) to find these things because gawd made it all very, very clear. Yes

Seriously, I think :PMatilda nailed it with the dusty lenses. Or water droplets on the lenses could do it too.

Not exactly. Dust and insects in the air in the out of focus area between lens and subject. Anyone who does actual photography has seen this.

I took a picture once of snow falling (yeah I'm a geek that way) and a snowflake fell right in between the landscape I was photographing and the lense. Result was a large white circle on the image.

I grumbled.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

25-07-2014, 01:44 AM
(19-07-2014 08:13 AM)bemore Wrote:  I'm looking for perfectly rational explanations to what causes "orbs" to appear in photos.

A couple of examples from a google search...

[Image: jan.orb.caller.1.jpg]

[Image: Orb12.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYlptdheZy6W8sZqZWpAN...NHQLWkRvkl]

A lot of people attribute them to the paranormal, however to me it seems logical that there is a pattern of all orbs being captured in images, as opposed to video... at night time/dusk and with flash.

So obv I think in that lies the partial answer but id just like clarification on the science behind it. Is it just a digital anomaly?... small particles that are just extremely close to the camera?... or is it something else?

I see these almost everyday, and I don't even need a camera.

It's dust and/or other forms of shit on the lens.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-07-2014, 03:20 AM
(19-07-2014 08:45 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  It fascinates me that people take this stuff as supernatural.

To me it just looks like when I don't cover my nose quickly enough and accidentally sneeze on my computer screen.

This speaks to me on a personal level.
25-07-2014, 08:52 AM
(25-07-2014 01:44 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(19-07-2014 08:13 AM)bemore Wrote:  I'm looking for perfectly rational explanations to what causes "orbs" to appear in photos.

A couple of examples from a google search...

[Image: jan.orb.caller.1.jpg]

[Image: Orb12.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYlptdheZy6W8sZqZWpAN...NHQLWkRvkl]

A lot of people attribute them to the paranormal, however to me it seems logical that there is a pattern of all orbs being captured in images, as opposed to video... at night time/dusk and with flash.

So obv I think in that lies the partial answer but id just like clarification on the science behind it. Is it just a digital anomaly?... small particles that are just extremely close to the camera?... or is it something else?

I see these almost everyday, and I don't even need a camera.

Typically not on the lens.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-07-2014, 08:55 AM
(25-07-2014 08:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-07-2014 01:44 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I see these almost everyday, and I don't even need a camera.

Typically not on the lens.

Always on the lens for me; I see exactly the same stuff everyday without the benefit of cameras and ghosts, mind.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-07-2014, 09:28 AM
(25-07-2014 08:55 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(25-07-2014 08:52 AM)Chas Wrote:  Typically not on the lens.

Always on the lens for me; I see exactly the same stuff everyday without the benefit of cameras and ghosts, mind.

You're allowed to clean your glasses, FT.

... this is my signature!