Ghosts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2015, 05:50 PM
Ghosts
What do you say to someone who says that they've seen a ghost? Some family members of my girlfriend are convinced that they've seen ghosts, and have told her stories about it. I grew up in a former funeral home and never saw any evidence of ghosts. I think it's a bunch of nonsense personally. But I also don't see why they would lie to her about it. It confuses me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
18-11-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: Ghosts
When family or friends insist they've seen a ghost I just smile and nod, and hope I can change the subject. There's not much you can do to debunk personal experiences IMO.

These poeple didn't see ghosts.... But I wouldn't necessarily say they're flat out lying either. The mind is a crazy thing that plays many tricks. I'm sure for them it is the truth.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
18-11-2015, 06:06 PM
They also said that they've messed with a ouiji board and weird shit happened afterwards. I think it's pretty ridiculous that people would think something you can purchase in the toy aisle made by Milton Bradley can summon spirits. But eh.... whatever.
[+] 3 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
18-11-2015, 06:14 PM
Agreed! I remember being like ten, seeing it in the toy aisle and wondering who could possibly beleive this piece of cardboard, mass produced, and sold in the toy section could have any supernatural abilities. Facepalm

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
18-11-2015, 06:15 PM
I forgot where I heard this recently...it may have been on a Joe Rogan podcast, but the idea goes like this.

If a family member (or someone you care about) tells you they were visited by a ghost, don't act like a snarky jerk about it. Instead, suggest the "next time" this happens to them, they should ask the "ghost" questions like...Where are you? How are you able to talk to me? Do you have a body? Is it the body you had when you died or is it a younger body? How are you able to see me?

The idea being, You're not just shooting down their delusions, you're giving them the skills to learn to begin to think critically and not just accept bullshit notions.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 5 users Like Erxomai's post
18-11-2015, 06:24 PM
Did I mention that my girlfriend and her family are mexican? Yeah... I don't think I'm gonna win in a discussion, hehe.
18-11-2015, 07:01 PM
(18-11-2015 06:06 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  They also said that they've messed with a ouiji board and weird shit happened afterwards. I think it's pretty ridiculous that people would think something you can purchase in the toy aisle made by Milton Bradley can summon spirits. But eh.... whatever.

I'm always the asshole who moves the planchette and fucks with their minds. You wouldn't believe some of the fucked up shit I've done on that thing. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
18-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Imo, many people think they see or hear ghosts when it's a shadow or the house settling. I also think people are open to the power of suggestion. If you tell someone a place is "haunted" they will start seeing/hearing things all over the place. I'm sure there are also instances of people fucking around and playing jokes on other people. Wink
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
18-11-2015, 07:41 PM
That would be hilarious if I could actually get someone to play it with me.
18-11-2015, 07:45 PM

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus