Ghosts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2015, 07:46 PM
RE: Ghosts
(18-11-2015 07:10 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Imo, many people think they see or hear ghosts when it's a shadow or the house settling.

I AM a ghost. As are we all.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-11-2015, 07:49 PM
I tell them I believe they think they saw a ghost.
18-11-2015, 08:16 PM
I once had sleep paralysis, complete with total nightmare fear, awareness, trouble breathing, sense of impending doom, immobility-that experience was real though it manifests differently for different people. In my case it wasn't a ghost, alien or demon that was to terrorize me, it was a hallucination of one of my friends which made it all the more realistic and terrifying.

I usually believe people when they describe something along the lines of the above, but it most certainly isn't supernatural, in fact it's completely natural and I tell them to read about it, as it is a documented phenomenon and that it happened to me.
[+] 1 user Likes shrumshrumman's post
18-11-2015, 08:18 PM
I think Turkey Burner said he had a succubus once Tongue I think he even made a thread about it. Thumbsup
18-11-2015, 10:53 PM
(18-11-2015 08:16 PM)shrumshrumman Wrote:  I once had sleep paralysis, complete with total nightmare fear, awareness, trouble breathing, sense of impending doom, immobility-that experience was real though it manifests differently for different people. In my case it wasn't a ghost, alien or demon that was to terrorize me, it was a hallucination of one of my friends which made it all the more realistic and terrifying.

I usually believe people when they describe something along the lines of the above, but it most certainly isn't supernatural, in fact it's completely natural and I tell them to read about it, as it is a documented phenomenon and that it happened to me.

Yeah, I've had that happen to me once too. It was pretty freaky. I was hallucinating that someone was in the corner of my eye, but I couldn't move my head to look, or any other part of my body. I eventually just went back to sleep, thinking I might be dreaming or something. I looked it up afterwards though and found out pretty much what you just described. Just like anything else that can't be immediately explained, people resort to supernatural explanations. Until its eventually debunked by science and reason, of course
18-11-2015, 11:19 PM
(18-11-2015 05:50 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  What do you say to someone who says that they've seen a ghost? Some family members of my girlfriend are convinced that they've seen ghosts, and have told her stories about it. I grew up in a former funeral home and never saw any evidence of ghosts. I think it's a bunch of nonsense personally. But I also don't see why they would lie to her about it. It confuses me.

I've had the ghost discussion a couple of times, my stock response is some variation of "There is no evidence to which I am privy which has been brought forward for ghosts and other such things that has withstood the rigour of proper scientific investigation."

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-11-2015, 08:05 AM
The latest attempt to legitimize ghosts and the paranormal is that ghosts more frequently appear in areas where the geology is rich in ferrous compounds which store recordings like old style cassettes and video tapes I've yet to find a link to it online though. It's pure unadulterated bullshit I reckon, peoples desire to believe in the supernatural as well as religion seems to get more desperate with each passing year. Rolleyes
19-11-2015, 08:30 AM
There is a group of ghost hunters that operate in my area that did an "investigation" at my house once. I was the skeptic in the room and I was allowed to stay and observe. As expected, nothing of much interest happened. A motion sensor fell over in the view of a night vision camera, but it was on an unstable surface. EVP sessions yielded nothing. EM readings were similar to baselines taken the day before.

Overall, it was a waste of a sober night.

Some effects, like pareidolia, can explain many experiences that people have. That explanation rarely satisfies them though because, in their perception, it was so real. I've experienced pareidolia myself and recognized it as such. Our brains are remarkably good at finding meaningful patterns when the true nature of what is being observed is ambiguous as in a low lit room or static on the radio.
[+] 2 users Like mediocrates's post
19-11-2015, 08:46 AM
(18-11-2015 07:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 07:10 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Imo, many people think they see or hear ghosts when it's a shadow or the house settling.

I AM a ghost. As are we all.

No you're not. You're just a very naughty boy.

Whatever happened to Ghost, aka Matt?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
19-11-2015, 09:31 AM
WTalk
(19-11-2015 08:46 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(18-11-2015 07:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I AM a ghost. As are we all.

No you're not. You're just a very naughty boy.

Whatever happened to Ghost, aka Matt?

Talking of missing people has anyone heard from nurse recently?