Ghosts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2015, 09:43 AM
RE: Ghosts
(18-11-2015 05:50 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  What do you say to someone who says that they've seen a ghost? Some family members of my girlfriend are convinced that they've seen ghosts, and have told her stories about it. I grew up in a former funeral home and never saw any evidence of ghosts. I think it's a bunch of nonsense personally. But I also don't see why they would lie to her about it. It confuses me.

Who you gonna call? Ghost Busters.
Laughat

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes OhDannyBoy's post
19-11-2015, 09:55 AM
(19-11-2015 08:05 AM)adey67 Wrote:  The latest attempt to legitimize ghosts and the paranormal is that ghosts more frequently appear in areas where the geology is rich in ferrous compounds which store recordings like old style cassettes and video tapes I've yet to find a link to it online though. It's pure unadulterated bullshit I reckon, peoples desire to believe in the supernatural as well as religion seems to get more desperate with each passing year. Rolleyes

I would not be at all surprised that unusual magnetic fields played a part in it; we know that applying EM fields to various areas of the brain produces odd sensations. I don't for a second believe that these compounds store recordings in any meaningful sense and would need some pretty strong evidence for that.

My impression is that pareidolia, an overactive agency detector, and being primed for it explains almost all occurrences (with bits of undigested beef making up some of the rest Smile). Like UFOs, declaring that you know the cause for something you can't explain makes no sense.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
19-11-2015, 11:02 AM
(19-11-2015 09:31 AM)adey67 Wrote:  WTalk
(19-11-2015 08:46 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  No you're not. You're just a very naughty boy.

Whatever happened to Ghost, aka Matt?

Talking of missing people has anyone heard from nurse recently?

Yes. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
19-11-2015, 12:53 PM
Why do people make up ghost stories????

[Image: 2822d973355270bb259e6485e0a707d73aa0209c...327256.jpg]

Plain old unadulterated, grade A bullshit...

that's why...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
19-11-2015, 10:16 PM
(18-11-2015 05:50 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  What do you say to someone who says that they've seen a ghost? Some family members of my girlfriend are convinced that they've seen ghosts, and have told her stories about it. I grew up in a former funeral home and never saw any evidence of ghosts. I think it's a bunch of nonsense personally. But I also don't see why they would lie to her about it. It confuses me.

Tell them you will help them exercise the demons.Laughat
20-11-2015, 12:08 AM
(19-11-2015 10:16 PM)ronalddarcey Wrote:  

Tell them you will help them exercise the demons.Laughat

exorcise [Image: read.gif]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-11-2015, 12:56 AM
(20-11-2015 12:08 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 10:16 PM)ronalddarcey Wrote:  Tell them you will help them exercise the demons.Laughat

Unless it's a fat demon.

Ha! Checkmate, atheist.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
20-11-2015, 04:04 AM
(20-11-2015 12:08 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-11-2015 10:16 PM)ronalddarcey Wrote:  Tell them you will help them exercise the demons.Laughat

Nah, forget correct spelling. Exercising sounds so much more fun. Especially the way Jim Carrey says it. "This house is clear.Yes"
20-11-2015, 04:57 AM
Ask them how drunk were they and if they were awake at the time of encounter. Because I see ghosts all the time when I'm drunk or asleep Gasp

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes izel's post