Ghosts!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2018, 05:36 PM
Ghosts!!!
So I'm a housekeeper, and I'm a part of this housekeeping group on Facebook. I've seen some posts talking about experiences cleaning haunted houses. I'm the type of person that tries to reason things out, but some of these stories are explainable...unless, of course, they're lying- but I don't think they are. Any atheists here believe in ghosts?

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2018, 05:44 PM
RE: Ghosts!!!
I'm just sitting here thinking about if ghosts were real, so humor me. So if we become ghosts when we die, I see no reason why animals and any living creature can't become ghosts too. Imagine there's just ghost lions and ghost cockroaches and shit.

their lives a mimicry,
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 1 user Likes LadyWallFlower's post
06-03-2018, 05:45 PM
No. And I'm someone who likes "haunted" houses--well, "haunted" inns anyway. Wink But that's mostly because I like the folkore and stories and love to scare the bejeesus out of my friends by suggesting we stay in the "most haunted" room. Laugh out load Tongue

Things appear "haunted" because it doesn't take much for the power of suggestion and pareidolia to kick in. Also, many inns love to perpetuate the haunting stories (and love their staff to perpetuate the stories) as it gives them a niche in a saturated market.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
06-03-2018, 05:47 PM
(06-03-2018 05:44 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  I'm just sitting here thinking about if ghosts were real, so humor me. So if we become ghosts when we die, I see no reason why animals and any living creature can't become ghosts too. Imagine there's just ghost lions and ghost cockroaches and shit.

I think it's all hogwash -- but "ghost cockroaches" is a really interesting concept!
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
06-03-2018, 05:48 PM
If there can be ghost insects and animals than there can be insects and animals in Heaven. Except actually they would all be in Hell, none of them have accepted JC as their savior.

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
06-03-2018, 05:49 PM
(06-03-2018 05:45 PM)jennybee Wrote:  No. And I'm someone who likes "haunted" houses--well, "haunted" inns anyway. Wink But that's mostly because I like the folkore and stories and love to scare the bejeesus out of my friends by suggesting we stay in the "most haunted" room. Laugh out load Tongue

Things appear "haunted" because it doesn't take much for the power of suggestion and pareidolia to kick in. Also, many inns love to perpetuate the haunting stories (and love their staff to perpetuate the stories) as it gives them a niche in a saturated market.

HAHA! You're a terrible friend. Laugh out load

Not gonna lie, I think it'd be pretty sick to be a ghost.

their lives a mimicry,
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 1 user Likes LadyWallFlower's post
06-03-2018, 05:49 PM
(06-03-2018 05:48 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  If there can be ghost insects and animals than there can be insects and animals in Heaven. Except actually they would all be in Hell, none of them have accepted JC as their savior.

Jesus Cockroach? Tongue Wink
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-03-2018, 05:50 PM
People are highly suggestible. Some are really easy to get going. This add up to a whole lot of stories. I was taken in by a brother in law when I was a teenager. It happens.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
06-03-2018, 05:51 PM
(06-03-2018 05:48 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  If there can be ghost insects and animals than there can be insects and animals in Heaven. Except actually they would all be in Hell, none of them have accepted JC as their savior.

You could get a parrot to do it.
06-03-2018, 05:53 PM
(06-03-2018 05:50 PM)skyking Wrote:  People are highly suggestible. Some are really easy to get going. This add up to a whole lot of stories. I was taken in by a brother in law when I was a teenager. It happens.

Part of me wonders if the home owner could be messing with the housekeeper sometimes, because it's usually the home owner that tells them it's haunted.

their lives a mimicry,
-Oscar Wilde