Ghosts, Spirits, Apparitions, and the like.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2013, 05:35 PM
RE: Ghosts, Spirits, Apparitions, and the like.
(16-10-2013 05:10 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  
(16-10-2013 03:59 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  "Scientists using the GDV technique say that the aura of those who die unexpectedly or violently differs from those who experience a calm death. The souls of the former remain in a state of confusion for several days and return frequently to their bodies, especially at night."

Let's give them the benefit of the doubt. Let's assume the soul exists, and that this GDV technique can expose it. What do we learn from the above? Apparently they've trapped people, killed them when they least expected it, and monitored their corpses for several days with the GDV technique to see what would happen.

This can't possibly sound legit to anyone. Like seriously Luminion. In a video of him he questions whether we are conscious in sleep. Is he actually on crack? I don't know about you but I'm quite unconscious in my sleep. Quite.

See now you're just part of the worldwide scientific conspiracy to make Luminon look like a fool. You saw he said the word Quantum and as we all learned from Deepak Chopra Quantum theory states that anything can happen at anytime for no reason.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-10-2013, 09:00 PM
(16-10-2013 05:35 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  See now you're just part of the worldwide scientific conspiracy to make Luminon look like a fool. You saw he said the word Quantum and as we all learned from Deepak Chopra Quantum theory states that anything can happen at anytime for no reason.

You can believe me on this, guys. I have a degree in the quantums.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
16-10-2013, 09:02 PM
Except seriously now. Luminon, I love you, but you're scientifically illiterate.

If you can articulate a coherent, testable, falsifiable physical theory, then, and only then, is there even anything to listen to.

... this is my signature!
16-10-2013, 09:16 PM
(16-10-2013 09:02 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Except seriously now. Luminon, I love you, but you're scientifically illiterate.

If you can articulate a coherent, testable, falsifiable physical theory, then, and only then, is there even anything to listen to.
is lum trying to prove ghosts or a soul? I got kinda lost.. How do they know that a soul was confused when it couldn't enter the body again? I mean, It makes a good TV show but eh. Oh and at night no less. Spooky.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
17-10-2013, 08:24 PM
(16-10-2013 09:16 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(16-10-2013 09:02 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Except seriously now. Luminon, I love you, but you're scientifically illiterate.

is lum trying to prove ghosts or a soul? I got kinda lost.. How do they know that a soul was confused when it couldn't enter the body again? I mean, It makes a good TV show but eh. Oh and at night no less. Spooky.

He thinks this physicist took pictures of the soul, so I guess.

How do they know? Good question. How do astrologers know how the stars will effect people of different signs? They pull it from their ass.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

[+] 1 user Likes Adenosis's post
18-10-2013, 10:43 AM
(13-12-2012 04:45 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Take 10 people to that cave. Tell all 10 of them the stories of the massacre. Almost all of them will have feelings of dread, etc.

Take 10 more people but tell these 10 people that this cave was used by native Americans as a healing cave, it's imbued with mystical healing energies that calm the mind and body and regenerate energy and can even help heal illnesses and wounds, and none of them will feel any dread at all but most of them will feel a sense of well-being and peacefulness.

All 20 of them will tell you that these sensations came from outside themselves as if spirits or mystical energy were the cause.

But the truth is that it all comes from our own imaginations.

Take another 10 people and tell them nothing mystical at all. It's just a fun cave to explore and check out the rocks and stuff. Nobody will have any unusual sensations, good or bad.

Paranormal stuff is fun to read about and watch in movies. I love it too. So are other fun things like dragons and elves and (tomorrow) hobbits. And fairies, and cylons, and Jedi, etc. Totally cool. But it's all made up. All of it. Enjoy it because it's fun, not because it's possible.

I agree that it all comes from the head. A prime example of this is a cute Asian girl in one of my classes. She briefly assisted me with a project for another class that required I ask her questions about her and her family. After we were done, we continued to talk about her life; she told me that she had horrible seizures growing up, and the medication pretty much made concentration impossible and it also stunted her growth. Well, she went on to talk about an $800 bracelet made from special stones used in Buddhist prayer beads that her mother had recently sent her (it was quite pretty). She then proceeded to tell me the reason: to help protect her from negative energy and spirits. She claimed that she saw spirits all of the time and could detect negative energy--something, according to her, that Western people couldn't understand. As someone who has studied Asian culture and anthropology, I can see how the supernatural-rich nature of Asian culture would influence her views. However, I think it's obvious that there is a connection between her former epilepsy and her "visions."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
18-10-2013, 11:22 AM
(18-10-2013 10:43 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 04:45 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  Take 10 people to that cave. Tell all 10 of them the stories of the massacre. Almost all of them will have feelings of dread, etc.

Take 10 more people but tell these 10 people that this cave was used by native Americans as a healing cave, it's imbued with mystical healing energies that calm the mind and body and regenerate energy and can even help heal illnesses and wounds, and none of them will feel any dread at all but most of them will feel a sense of well-being and peacefulness.

All 20 of them will tell you that these sensations came from outside themselves as if spirits or mystical energy were the cause.

But the truth is that it all comes from our own imaginations.

Take another 10 people and tell them nothing mystical at all. It's just a fun cave to explore and check out the rocks and stuff. Nobody will have any unusual sensations, good or bad.

Paranormal stuff is fun to read about and watch in movies. I love it too. So are other fun things like dragons and elves and (tomorrow) hobbits. And fairies, and cylons, and Jedi, etc. Totally cool. But it's all made up. All of it. Enjoy it because it's fun, not because it's possible.

I agree that it all comes from the head. A prime example of this is a cute Asian girl in one of my classes. She briefly assisted me with a project for another class that required I ask her questions about her and her family. After we were done, we continued to talk about her life; she told me that she had horrible seizures growing up, and the medication pretty much made concentration impossible and it also stunted her growth. Well, she went on to talk about an $800 bracelet made from special stones used in Buddhist prayer beads that her mother had recently sent her (it was quite pretty). She then proceeded to tell me the reason: to help protect her from negative energy and spirits. She claimed that she saw spirits all of the time and could detect negative energy--something, according to her, that Western people couldn't understand. As someone who has studied Asian culture and anthropology, I can see how the supernatural-rich nature of Asian culture would influence her views. However, I think it's obvious that there is a connection between her former epilepsy and her "visions."
Have you heard of sleep paralysis? Its like a glitch in your sleep cycle, your brain secretes a chemical that prevents you from acting out your dreams its rare but some people wake up during this, they are fully conscious but they are still dreaming. So they are laying down paralysed unable to move and they hallucinate various things. It really depends on the person. If they are really religious they will see demons, if they believe in ghosts they will see ghosts, and if they are a firm believer in aliens they will see aliens! This at leasts 90% of alien abduction cases. I guess it could very well be the pop-culture of the day that influence these hallucinations such as the belief of demons and evil spirits in ancient times. Most notably a succubus or incubus who primarily are said to sit on the body making it unmovable. Salvador Dali experimented with sleep deprivation to find inspiration for his paintings too. Probably not related but interestingTongue

18-10-2013, 03:24 PM
(13-12-2012 04:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  So you believe our personalities and/or consciousness can survive our physical death.

Please explain how that might work.

You can believe in 'ghosts' without believing that the essence of a person can survive physical death. Depends on how you define ghost. There is some evidence that suggests that somehow (don't ask, I dunno) remnants of sounds and possibly images can repeat long after the moment has passed. Some kind of time loop might be a possible explanation for some of the reported 'ghost' incidences. I saw a program on the Discovery channel years ago where they had recorded sounds of billiards being played in a courthouse decades after it had been converted from a billiards hall into a courthouse. The sounds allegedly precisely mimicked the sounds of ivory balls hitting one another. This is far from proof, but it is evidence that such a possibility exists.

18-10-2013, 03:32 PM
(18-10-2013 11:22 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 10:43 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I agree that it all comes from the head. A prime example of this is a cute Asian girl in one of my classes. She briefly assisted me with a project for another class that required I ask her questions about her and her family. After we were done, we continued to talk about her life; she told me that she had horrible seizures growing up, and the medication pretty much made concentration impossible and it also stunted her growth. Well, she went on to talk about an $800 bracelet made from special stones used in Buddhist prayer beads that her mother had recently sent her (it was quite pretty). She then proceeded to tell me the reason: to help protect her from negative energy and spirits. She claimed that she saw spirits all of the time and could detect negative energy--something, according to her, that Western people couldn't understand. As someone who has studied Asian culture and anthropology, I can see how the supernatural-rich nature of Asian culture would influence her views. However, I think it's obvious that there is a connection between her former epilepsy and her "visions."
Have you heard of sleep paralysis? Its like a glitch in your sleep cycle, your brain secretes a chemical that prevents you from acting out your dreams its rare but some people wake up during this, they are fully conscious but they are still dreaming. So they are laying down paralysed unable to move and they hallucinate various things. It really depends on the person. If they are really religious they will see demons, if they believe in ghosts they will see ghosts, and if they are a firm believer in aliens they will see aliens! This at leasts 90% of alien abduction cases. I guess it could very well be the pop-culture of the day that influence these hallucinations such as the belief of demons and evil spirits in ancient times. Most notably a succubus or incubus who primarily are said to sit on the body making it unmovable. Salvador Dali experimented with sleep deprivation to find inspiration for his paintings too. Probably not related but interestingTongue

I suffer from this on a regular basis. It has been a great pang for me since childhood. I have been on several medications to attempt to get restful sleep in lifetime, but nothing that helps without unintended negative consequences which outweigh the benefits.

In any case, as a very young child I was taken by the devil a few times, a few times as some unknown/unseen force. Once a witch had taken me. By the time I was a young teen it was usually unseen aliens. I don't know why I got the sense it was aliens, I just did. By the time I was in my late teens it was usually an unknown/unseen force again, with one exception of a small nimble creature which one might say was some type of nymph, fairy, or demon. Since I have been to war and gotten PTSD it has been a mix of terrorists or unknown forces again.

18-10-2013, 03:38 PM
(18-10-2013 03:24 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 04:54 PM)Chas Wrote:  So you believe our personalities and/or consciousness can survive our physical death.

Please explain how that might work.

You can believe in 'ghosts' without believing that the essence of a person can survive physical death. Depends on how you define ghost. There is some evidence that suggests that somehow (don't ask, I dunno) remnants of sounds and possibly images can repeat long after the moment has passed. Some kind of time loop might be a possible explanation for some of the reported 'ghost' incidences. I saw a program on the Discovery channel years ago where they had recorded sounds of billiards being played in a courthouse decades after it had been converted from a billiards hall into a courthouse. The sounds allegedly precisely mimicked the sounds of ivory balls hitting one another. This is far from proof, but it is evidence that such a possibility exists.
I think I saw that special. Even if it was the case it doesn't need to be supernatural. Much like a magnetic tape recorder works(heres a nice link) http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/gad...sette1.htm
It is possible if these elements are present in the environment it could be the case. How the "recording" started is anyones guess.