Ghosts, Spirits, Apparitions, and the like.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-12-2012, 10:43 PM
RE: Ghosts, Spirits, Apparitions, and the like.
(18-12-2012 08:22 AM)Logisch Wrote:  We live in an age when we can hot drop a 1 ton science lab on another planet with insane precision that is MOBILE and NUCLEAR POWERED. An age when we've cured tons of illnesses and diseases and medical science has a vastly awesome understanding of the brain we'd have only fathomed years prior. An age when we can look into the past thanks to the hubble deep field and wicked mathematics, seeing galaxies in their infancy millions of years after the big bang. We understand red shift. We pull oil out of the bottom of the ocean with engineering feats that the romans would have shit their pants thinking about.

We have even mapped out and detected the background radiation of the big bang... you would think by now if ghosts, unicorns, magic beasts and the supernatural existed we'd have more than certainly detected (at least as SOME form of energy) by now... and not on night camera television shows that can never be confirmed. I could be wrong, and maybe someday some ghosts will pop up and go, "Hey guys sorry... ok ok, you're all advanced now, I guess the jig is up. You would have found us anyway."

But I feel the same way about a god being.

If it can be asserted without evidence, it can be dismissed without evidence.

But I will admit, I like the "Paranormal Activity" movies... (I still think it's all bullshit though)

Not to nitpick at you or anything, but to nitpick... I can blurb out a a few things myself describing the many mysteries that have yet to be solved.

Yes, we have had great achievements and discoveries, but that doesn't even begin to take a slice out of the whole pie. You shouldn't dismiss "ghosts" purely on the fact that we know a fraction of a percent about the universe we live in. We still can't figure out a cure for cancer and that stuff is in our bodies readily available for testing.

If we had energy and matter completely figured out already, we wouldn't need the LHC anymore. As I've said, I don't believe in ghosts. I am skeptical about any of those ghost stories being remotely real. But I will entertain the thought that there might be some actual facts behind them that we haven't figured out yet. Just like I will entertain the thought that God or gods might be real. I just can't go the full 100%.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ghosts, Spirits, Apparitions, and the like. - NoahsFarce - 19-12-2012 10:43 PM