Ghosts, Spirits, Apparitions, and the like.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2012, 10:14 AM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2012 10:35 AM by KVron.)
RE: Ghosts, Spirits, Apparitions, and the like.
(19-12-2012 10:43 PM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Not to nitpick at you or anything, but to nitpick... I can blurb out a a few things myself describing the many mysteries that have yet to be solved.

Yes, we have had great achievements and discoveries, but that doesn't even begin to take a slice out of the whole pie. You shouldn't dismiss "ghosts" purely on the fact that we know a fraction of a percent about the universe we live in. We still can't figure out a cure for cancer and that stuff is in our bodies readily available for testing.

If we had energy and matter completely figured out already, we wouldn't need the LHC anymore. As I've said, I don't believe in ghosts. I am skeptical about any of those ghost stories being remotely real. But I will entertain the thought that there might be some actual facts behind them that we haven't figured out yet. Just like I will entertain the thought that God or gods might be real. I just can't go the full 100%.

When someone wants (or needs) to believe, they just ignore questions like this:
Quote: What about the clothing? Why are ghosts always clothed? Ghostly clothing?
I am open for explanations along the lines of energy traces. That type of explanation would cover the clothing issue as even our clothing is made up of atoms with energy. The spirit explanation fails for clothing because well, our clothing can't possibly have spirits.

Maybe it's mental laziness. If you believe in ghosts, try to (logically) explain the clothing.
Maybe people who have lost someone need to believe in ghosts, the afterlife, etc. as a way to cope with sadness.
Maybe people are afraid of death and cannot accept their own mortality.

I'm sure most religions were created because of these toxic beliefs, adding fancy tales of death people happily living in paradise, meeting each other, etc.
Believing in ghosts automatically leads to other things like spirits, gods, angels, reincarnation, resurrection, ethereal beings, etc. etc. etc. so
be careful in those things you want to believe in.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ghosts, Spirits, Apparitions, and the like. - KVron - 20-12-2012 10:14 AM