Ghosts and Spooks

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2012, 05:57 PM
RE: Ghosts and Spooks
(21-09-2012 05:37 PM)bemore Wrote:  Im still very open minded about ghosts..... I have been on many ghost hunts myself and experienced things that cannot (at this moment) be explained and I am a very critical person who would prefer to find logical reasons to certain occurences.

I will say that whilst ghost programmes on the television are very entertaining, they are in no way representative of the ghost hunts I have been on personally. They seem to try and show all the "good" bits whilst ignoring all of the ghost hunts where nothing or very little happens.

They jazz things up......... a lot.

If your into ghosts.... go on ghost hunts.... your eyes will be opened.

I'm stickin' with "Bah, humbug."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-09-2012, 06:09 PM
(21-09-2012 05:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-09-2012 05:37 PM)bemore Wrote:  Im still very open minded about ghosts..... I have been on many ghost hunts myself and experienced things that cannot (at this moment) be explained and I am a very critical person who would prefer to find logical reasons to certain occurences.

I will say that whilst ghost programmes on the television are very entertaining, they are in no way representative of the ghost hunts I have been on personally. They seem to try and show all the "good" bits whilst ignoring all of the ghost hunts where nothing or very little happens.

I'm stickin' with "Bah, humbug."

Merry Christmas Smile

How many ghost hunts have you been on personally????

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
21-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Ghosts and Spooks
(21-09-2012 06:09 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(21-09-2012 05:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm stickin' with "Bah, humbug."

Merry Christmas Smile

How many ghost hunts have you been on personally????

He drove to Montreal with his ex-wife. I'm sure he dealt with a lot of ghosts that weekend!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
21-09-2012, 07:54 PM

I'm very open-minded about them as well, but not in the "spiritual" sense. After my psychological studies and the ever-growing evidence against a "soul", I am supremely confident that there is no part of us that "lives on" after death. Thus, for me, ghosts are not tormented souls of the deceased.

However, I can't dismiss the fact that strange, unexplained things DO occur. I've not actively hunted for anything, but I've worked in certain places where I experienced odd things. Again, I see no logical or scientific reason to draw any conclusions about these experiences - especially conclusions of the "oogey-boogey" sort - but I must acknowledge that *something* is occuring. I'd be very interested to see what future, unbiased scientific research yields...assuming any such "unbiased" research is being done at all.

On one last note: I once spoke to a young man who seemed quite disturbed about an incident that occured in his home the night before. He knew that I have some knowledge in the field of Physics, so he asked me if it were possible for a "high-energy situation" - such as a heated argument - to somehow "imprint" itself on space and time, then somehow replay itself; almost like the shadow of a situation cast upon the wall of time.

He went on to explain that he and his roommate had a very heated shouting-match the night before, and early the next morning, when he had the house to himself, he swears that he heard faint vocal sounds that seemed to linger in the air of the room. After listening intently, he (and this is the part that is difficult to digest) claims the sounds became very distinct - though still faint - and could be identified as specific words spoken (shouted angrily) the night before during his intense argument.

Admitedly, this gave me chills, because I had already been pondering the possibility of intense energy (a physical force in our Universe) being imprinted on space-time. This could account for the numerous reports of "residual energy" that ghost-hunters and those involved in paranormal research like to attribute to ghostly footsteps or breathy whispers in an empty house. Going further out onto the proverbial limb, one could also theorize that it could account for so-called "intelligent" ghostly activity; which I imagine would be the same as "residual" activity in every sense, but would be more prominent in our Universe and could thus be "interacted" with. Kind of like a computer program that is designed to respond to certain stimuli, while remaining completely non-sentient.

Scientific though I may be making all of this sound, it's all pure conjecture on my part. I have quite an active imagination, coupled with an intense curiosity about what lurks behind closed doors. I take nothing I just said as fact, or even as a likely possibility. It's all just fanciful ponderings about what really goes on in the world Smile

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
21-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Ghosts and Spooks
They're trans-dimensional beings entering briefly into our universe when it's membrane collides with the membrane of another universe floating around the multiverse.

Either that or,
Any kind of ghost or spook sighting is just evidence of confirmation bias in those hoping to see something.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
21-09-2012, 11:25 PM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2012 11:29 PM by bemore.)
Ill quickly recount some of my experiences.

One of my first encounters was at an old girlfriends house which was quite old..... me, my old girlfriend, her brother and her friend were all chilling in her bedroom. Because it was cold outside the window in her room became misted up with condensation and her brother wrote his last name in the condensation backwards.... so anybody looking up it would appear the right way. Somebody noticed high above where Tom (the brother) 4 dots that were slowly moving there way down the window in the condensation. Like somebodys fingerprints... although if you run your finger down condensation you will get a build up of moisture that will eventually turn in a rivulet of water that will run downwards. This was not occuring and the room did take on a slight chill and the curtains started to sway ever so slightly (windows were shut, no draughts) This freaked everyone out but me and I held my face a few inches away from the markings and watched them continue to move slowly downwards. Everybody left the room and went outside and my old girlfriend was freaking out and because of that I left the room and went outside to them.... we were all looking up at the window and we all witnessed her brothers writing get wiped out like by an invisible hand.

Years later I went on a ghost hunt at a place called "the leopard inn" (which was featured on "most haunted" but our hunt was before they went there) and one of the most significant parts of the night was when we was in the cellar. We have different Electro magnetic meters that we use to pick up disturbances and after checking the whole place with them for any wiring or circutry that could interfer, we were happy to use them. We placed one in the center of the cellar and we placed one at the entrance to the cellar. Our "psychic" at the time was a lady named Sue and she said that she had picked up some children that had been following us about but were too afraid to come near us..... so she encouraged us all to try and encourage them to enter the room so we all started to say encouraging and welcoming things and sue happily said they were coming in. We all witnessed the EM meter light up fully at the entrance and then go down to normal and then the EM meter in the center of the room lit up and stayed lit up.... she said that they were happy with us and were dancing around us and everybody could feel the electricty in the air.... after a few minutes Sue said that they were leaving and we watched the EM meter in the center of the room go out and then the one at the entrance light up and then go out.

At the same event the very top floor of the building was abandoned and there was a cupboard and nobody wanted to go into it for some reason.... me being me and not being scared said I would go in there in the dark and do some "calling out"

Whilst I was in there I got pushed in my chest by some force which was enough to leave marks.... there was no way anybody could of done this from outside.

On other hunts I have heard whispers in my ear.... growls.... olde english.... moans and groans.

The only thing I have "seen" which I dont fully believe is when we went to the Erasmus Darwin School. One particlular room seemed a lot darker than the others and after staying in there with my brother we started to witness shapes moving in the darkness.... I say I dont fully believe it because your eyes can play tricks on you in the dark although it was interesting to say the least, because my brother saw exactly what I was seeing as we discussed it as it happened.

My sister is quite "sensitive" to what you called "residual energy" and when we entered the second floor for the first time we walked into the first room with our torches on so we could see where we was going but as soon as we were in there we did what we normally do and operate in complete darkness. I do a lot of filming with night vision (as I have changed my user pic so you can see) and my sister said that she wanted to have fun and that we were boring.... she was taking on slight characteristics of some of the energy.... now some may scoff at this but my sis started to pace about the room and then left and walked up the corridor.... I followed her filming with night vision and witnessed her avoid objects... look and talk about things that we later found out used to be there but had since been moved.... and she then walked up to a door and went in.... in the complete and utter pitch black. She moved around the room full of tables and chairs.... anybody else could not of done this as these rooms and corridor we had never been in before.

I agree with Erx when he mentions confirmation Bias as some of the people ive been with fully believe in ghosts and attribute every single knock, creak and bang as some sort of paranormal activity.... where I am very sceptical and I look for evidence that is compelling, confusing and cannot be explained off the bat.

The worst ghost hunt I went on was at Alton Towers in the manor..... It was reportedly very very haunted but it was the most boring and uneventfull 10 hours I had spent anywhere.

People may scoff at these experiences and I dont blame you..... however Id say get some experience and actually go on more than one ghost hunt with different groups of people..... when you get pushed in the chest that leaves marks on you and there is absolotuly no way anybody or anything could of done it.... you may think differently.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
22-09-2012, 12:00 AM
The only ghost I am aware of is said to be Matt black in hue and exudes peace, love and empathy.

But there are no eye-witnesses to this phenomenon.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
22-09-2012, 01:36 AM
(21-09-2012 08:27 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  They're trans-dimensional beings entering briefly into our universe when it's membrane collides with the membrane of another universe floating around the multiverse.

Either that or,
Any kind of ghost or spook sighting is just evidence of confirmation bias in those hoping to see something.

Most likely the last one. However, there are certain physical occurances which are currently unexplained. More than simple "ghost sightings"; I mean actual objects being thrown, people being pushed, etc.

22-09-2012, 02:16 AM
Ghosts and Spooks
(22-09-2012 01:36 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(21-09-2012 08:27 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  They're trans-dimensional beings entering briefly into our universe when it's membrane collides with the membrane of another universe floating around the multiverse.

Either that or,

Most likely the last one. However, there are certain physical occurances which are currently unexplained. More than simple "ghost sightings"; I mean actual objects being thrown, people being pushed, etc.

I only know of anecdotal evidence for so called unexplained sightings. Is there more credible evidence?

~Izel
22-09-2012, 02:35 AM
(22-09-2012 02:16 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-09-2012 01:36 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Most likely the last one. However, there are certain physical occurances which are currently unexplained. More than simple "ghost sightings"; I mean actual objects being thrown, people being pushed, etc.

I only know of anecdotal evidence for so called unexplained sightings. Is there more credible evidence?

In some cases, there is video evidence (as well as physical marks on the body), but unfortunately, there isn't much else. True, these occurances cannot be observed, tested and REtested under lab conditions, but then, neither can exoplanets. We can't see them, we can't touch them, we can't measure them. But we know they exist because of the effects they have on their neighboring stars.

I truly hate to sound like a religious nutjob here (I've been cringing since I began this thread), but I don't care how logical and evidence-dependant people like you and me are; if either of us is in a room alone, and suddenly a book flies across the room and smacks us in the face, we're not gonna be too concerned with finding "more credible evidence". We're gonna know that something caused a book to fly across the room and smack us across the fucking face. If we managed to get it on video; we'll be even more certain that this actually occured in the realm of observable reality, rather than simply in our imagination or flawed perception.

Then imagine our frustration when we tell others what we've experienced (if we dare, that is) and they (justifiably) write it off as "anecdotal" and thus, not immediately worth their serious consideration.

Not saying we should accept these things as fact, mind you - if someone came to me with a story like that, I'd smile to their face but walk away laughing. I'm just saying that we should see it through their eyes when considering the validity of their claims.