Giant crosses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2015, 08:04 AM
Giant crosses
Near my neck of the woods:

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/.../24649463/

The story's a bit old; it's completed now.

I'm sure that a 110 foot tall, 18 ton useless structure is the best thing to build in tornado alley.

" “(The purpose of the crosses is) to remind the Christian of what Jesus did for them on Calvary and to reap the unsaved to let them know there is hope, peace and salvation in Jesus Christ," said Sara Abraham, a representative from Crosses Over America. "

Although, to be fair, when I see such a giant waste of time and money, I do have to fight the urge to fall to my knees while screaming gibberish.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2015, 08:09 AM
RE: Giant crosses
(14-05-2015 08:04 AM)mecanna Wrote:  Near my neck of the woods:

I'm sure that a 110 foot tall, 18 ton useless structure is the best thing to build in tornado alley.

" “(The purpose of the crosses is) to remind the Christian of what Jesus did for them on Calvary and to reap the unsaved to let them know there is hope, peace and salvation in Jesus Christ," said Sara Abraham, a representative from Crosses Over America. "

Although, to be fair, when I see such a giant waste of time and money, I do have to fight the urge to fall to my knees while screaming gibberish.

Seriously, like how about taking all that time and money and build a homeless shelter or something else that actually helps people?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
14-05-2015, 08:11 AM
I don't know about you but I like my crosses big. Nice and big so they're easy to see.
It's the tiny ones you gotta worry about. They're small and hard to see, they'll just sneak up on ya.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
14-05-2015, 08:12 AM
(14-05-2015 08:09 AM)jennybee Wrote:  

Seriously, like how about taking all that time and money and build a homeless shelter or something else that actually helps people?

Shelter only save their unworthy bodies while giant cross may help with salvation of their souls.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
14-05-2015, 08:19 AM

That's in my former neck of the woods.

I went to MC.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
14-05-2015, 08:35 AM
The bigger they are, the brighter they burn.

signed

The Grand Imperial Wizard.

(hiding under a bed sheet)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
14-05-2015, 08:36 AM
there is one near Uniontown, PA that I have been to a few times. Its on the edge of a mountain. The view from the spot they cleared it is awesome. Its called the Jumonville Cross. Its on the campus of a christian camp. I spotted it on a road trip and decided to explore.

[Image: cross_plaque.jpg]

[Image: 11579549.jpg]

I have taken the hubby and kids there, the view is great.

[Image: 16537122292_a69e3bbbb1.jpg]

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
14-05-2015, 08:40 AM
It makes me want to start a fund.

To build the worlds largest extended middle finger.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
14-05-2015, 09:21 AM
Why do I never have plastic explosives when I need them? Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-05-2015, 09:41 AM
We have the Papal cross here in Dublin. It's in the Phoenix park on the spot where Pope John Paul II had gig back in the late 70's. It's about 115 ft high.

[Image: rROiQqw.jpg]

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí